South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 05:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Default giving yourself a reboot

Hi Everyone,
I have been living this lifestyle since mid Feb and have what I feel is great success. I lost 29lbs. allowing myself to have slips here and there. My problem is that I had a week of bad eating and I can't seem to get myself back into the right frame of mind again. I don't really want to do phase 1 over again because I can't say it's really a carb craving. My exercise is still a driving force for me but I'm struggling with eating veggies and protein. I have lost the "want" to eat healthy. So maybe it is cravings? Anyone else have this problem who's been on the Beach for several months or more? I need to get back in control of food again. I don't like this feeling of losing my power over it and waking up hungry. If you had this experience and redid phase 1 and it helped I would love to hear if it made you change gears.
Thanks for any and all advice.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I have done Ph1 three times in the last 15 months. I do find when I lose my focus, it helps me to re-focus. I don't know if it's what you need or not, but it can't hurt to give it a try.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:42 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

I am right with you, this is what I am experiencing right now, so I started Phase 1 today...this is my 3rd time but I have been doing SB since Jan 2007. I have not lost weight in months but I have finally realized why, I have not been keeping food logs and now that I have this past week, I see how many calories I have been eating healthy but still too much. So I went to the grocery store and loaded up on phase 1 foods and here I go, I may only do 1 week and then just keep going with food logs. Hope that helps
Old 07-26-2008, 06:37 PM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i do phase 1 when i lose focus

it helps.

right now i plan to do it again September 1.... too much going on in the summer to do it now.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I do go back on Phase 1 when I lose focus. It really helps me get back in control again. Sometimes I only do it for a week rather than the full weeks, if I've been able to regain my focus and start losing again, but usually I just go ahead and do it for the full two weeks
Old 07-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I'm going to do 1 week of Phase 1 and hopefully that will be enough. If it doesn't work I'll do a full 2 weeks when I come back from vacation. Thanks again!
Old 07-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 152/120/120

Height: 5 foot 3 inch

I am new to the beach but if I were in your shoes, I would also do phase I. It might help with your focus. Congrats on the 29 pounds lost so far, that is impressive!
Closed Thread