South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 02:07 PM   #1  

Default I am starting this tomorrow!

I measured my waist today and its 34 inches! I am 5, 6 and weigh 148. I used to have a 28 inch waist. Now I have become a sugar addict and eat too much. I did have a baby a year ago but my waist shouldnt be this big! I have tried this diet before and quit after a few days becuase I feel nauseated. I am ready to just put up with it becuase I need to get rid of this habit and the cravings. Any other suggestions?
Old 07-26-2008, 02:13 PM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

the nausea doesn't last long....only a few days....the girls around here recommend fiber (in the form of beans and high fiber veggies) to help....also lots and lots of water.

For most people it doesn't last more than 2-3 days.

Also, make sure to eat enough....if you aren't getting enough calories, your hunger might cause nausea.

The nausea is a byproduct of your body "flushing" out those bad carbs and sugars that your body has become so accustomed to. Think of yourself as a recovering crack addict
Old 07-26-2008, 02:20 PM   #3  

yeah no kidding I feel like a crack addict sometimes. Like today I had this sudden craving for sugar and then I engorged on 8 small cookies and now feel horrible but then later Ill crave sugar again. Its a viscious cycle of sugar binges. I want to get pregnant soon but not until I lose some of this weight!
Old 07-26-2008, 02:56 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach. It's very important that you read the Book if you've not done so already. Aside from the legumes cited by Zeff, it's important to get in milk and/or yogurt to keep feeling good.
Join the other Phase I Chickies on the Phase I thread.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:41 PM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i never felt bad in phase 1 but i'm insane and i eat beans at every meal and have my yogurt twice a day...
Old 07-26-2008, 07:25 PM   #6  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

The first time I did phase 1, I felt sick all the time. And I screwed up a lot. This time around, I haven't felt sick at all, in fact I've felt great. And I'm on Day 12. The first time around, I didn't plan very well and skipped meals and that was a big factor in my screw ups, maybe as well as my nausea. I've been eating tons of fiberous veggies and dairy and have been feeling really good.

The people on this forum are very experienced and knowledgeable about SBD (not me, I am pretty new to it) and if you post a menu I bet they could give you tips and tell what sort of stuff to add to your daily menu so you don't feel as sick. The above poster, Ladybugnessa, I have found she is a SBD encyclopedia (I mean this as a compliment!) From what I've seen, she knows everything there is to know about SBD and I'll bet she could help you out a lot.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 152/120/120

Height: 5 foot 3 inch

Definitely add beans and other high fiber items to your diet to help with satiety.
Closed Thread