Has this happened to anyone?

• Monday was the end of phase 1 for me. Sunday I weighed and was down 7; Monday I was down 8; even after an anniversary dinner out with a glass of wine. Monday I added one starch and one fruit at the end of each day and a glass of wine. I was totally on plan and don't have any issues with TOM due to my age. So... today I was up four pounds! I have no cravings and thought all was going well. I also do a calorie count and all was about the same; certainly not higher.

I think I will cut out the starch and the wine and see what happens. I have been following a relatively starch free diet for about twelve years now since I read the Zone way back then. Could I be this incredibly starch sensitive? I would so appreciate feedback of others' experiences.

Island Girl
  • Most of the Southbeacher's here do a P 1.5 of sorts.

There is a thread in the FAQ section.

Basically first week on P2, add one fruit once per day

2nd week = +1 grain per day

3rd week = +1 fruit per day

and so on and so forth.
  • yep it's water...

relax and keep going it will come off again... be patient.
  • Thank you, Nessa and Zeff,
  • Hey Island Girl;

Don't let one day's numbers bug you too much. Good luck, keep with your plan. ~ Suzy
  • Could be sodium too, if you're not watching your sodium intake. Water retention sucks!
  • I kind of have the same thing going on. In phase 1 I went down a pound then up 1/2 for a week, then in one day down 3. In phase 2 I went down 1 pound (I have only added 1 WW tortilla so far) and I am back up again. I drink tons of water, and added a fiber supplement today. I am really sticking to the diet, but I have noticed that I eat more Cheeses than I normally due (ricotta in my breakfast, and usually a bit of cheddar in my lunches). :-) anyways, I feel better, so I will stick it out. :-)