Coincidence? First Day of Ph2 and sick to my stomach?

• I started to add carbs back into my diet yesterday. I had a slice of multi-grain grain bread, deli turkey, lettuce, mustard and a cheese stick for lunch. About 20 minutes later, I felt sick to my stomach. About two hours later, I threw up a few times. I was fine after that.

No one else in my family is sick, so now I'm wondering if it was a reaction to adding carbs back into my diet. Has this happened to anyone else? Or is just a coincidence?
  • hrm....I never had a reaction like that, especially to something that was SBD friendly like whole grain bread.

Did the family eat the other ingredients? Chance that maybe the turkey or cheese was bad?

I would try again and see what happens....

Hope you feel better.
  • I can't imagine that you would react like that after one slice of bread....I would think it was either a coincidence or it might have been something else you ate....deli meat has a short fridge life (most people think it lasts a long time but it only has a fridge life of a few days after purchase), so depending on how long it was there it could have been that or something else..... I wouldn't let that stop you for adding your carbs....