South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 06:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Toasting On The Beach

Good morning! Coffee's on!

Yet another steamy day ahead. There isn't anything planned today, so I'm going to bring the girls over here to swim all day. I'll be happy to see the end to this heat wave. It's just unbearable to spend much time outside.

I'm gearing myself up to get over to Curves this morning. I haven't been there since school let out, what with one thing and another, but now I've run out of excuses and it's time to get my butt back in gear!
Old 07-22-2008, 06:21 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Cottage (and all who follow!)
Have fun at Curves...it'll be great once you get there!! And have fun with the girls too. It's hot here too...mostly in the high 90's and brutal.

I was planning on putting on a pot of red beans in a few minutes and for some reason I can't find the beans!! I know I bought a pack the other day. Geez. So I guess we will take my MIL out to eat when my husband gets home. I have a bunch of stuff to do today...errands and such and won't be home so I thought the slow cooker was my answer for the day. Oh well...I'm off to let Jillian Micheals kick my butt then start my day.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-22-2008 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:29 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

I'm all sluggy in the heat. Blah!

Cottage - Have fun in the pool. Maybe reading that you're going back to Curves will get me motivated again. Between the heat and the ever present rain I'm spending too much time at this computer.

Cat - Glad to hear I'm not the only one who eats hot spicy food in the heat I made a vegetarian version of your red beans last week and they were really good. Thanks for the recipe!

Just another day of meetings here. How exciting.

Have a good day Chicks
Old 07-22-2008, 07:02 AM   #4  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Morning to all,

So today will be another HHH day in the 90's. Ugh. Some people hibernate in the winter, but I stay inside most of July, August, and September here in the South. I grew up in NY, and I still cannot abide the intense heat and humidity here. I've been out west when it is hot and dry, and that doesn't bother me nearly as much. We'd love to move west but DH work doesn't permit.

Today I take my puppy to the vet to have a routine bloodwork check, and work on my book for the rest of the day.

Cottage: Swimming sounds nice!

Cyndi: Have a good day despite the heat

Femme Creole: Enjoy your day!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 281/240/140

Height: 5"4"

Good Morning all,
It's a foggy morning here in the hills of Pa.

Cottage, the pool sounds great! Wish i could enjoy some of that too.

Cat, Jillian would crush me into the ground and walk over me!

Cyndi, Hope your meeting go well.

I'll be in the office all day, i suspect. I imagine hurricane Dolly will our focus today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Pat
Old 07-22-2008, 07:17 AM   #6  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Morning ladies!!

Just a quick fly by as I woke up late and with a headache...time to rush around and head out the door!!

Hot doesn't describe what it's been like here. Was driving home from work yesterday and nearly had to pull off the road to put the top up on the Jeep it was so darn hot that wind moving at 70 mph wasn't even helping! haha

Cat...did you ever make it over to the new Pig to check it out?? I still haven't been there....maybe one day this week!

Have a good one!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:50 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Mandy, yep, hit the pig when I'm in a hurry cause it's on this side of town. It's ok. But I really like the new redone Winn Dixie...great produce section. Wish we'd get a Rouse's here or a Whole Foods.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-22-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning girls! It has cooled down here since the rain moved through lastnight! Thought I could get a walk in before it started and I was wrong! Didn't even get a full mile in lastnight. Tuesdays are my early morning so I only got 20 mins of yoga in today, but hey it's better than nothing right?

Zeff I meant to respond to your post yesterday but time got away from me. Glad to hear things went fairly well lastnight, hope this all works out. Just always remember to pick your words wisely. I had some issues with my mom and while I never said anything hateful to her, after she passed years later I regreted somethings I had said and never apologized for. We may not always agree with them but they usually only have what they think is best in mind for us.

Ok off my soap box! Cool thoughts coming everyones way! Have a good one chicks!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:54 AM   #9  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Quick check in for me as I don't have much to say except life is crazy -

Got a phone call around 3:30yesturday saying my aunt passed then got another phone call around 5:10pm saying another one of my aunts wasn't expected to make it through the nite (no more word on that yet) around 7:30 I got a phonme call from my church and Pastors wife passed and about 9:30 lastnite I gor a callform a very good friend of to say that one of her best friends died of a heart attack on the golf course earlier in the day.

Wow life is crazy.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

to you gonna many prayers for strength and guidance over the next few days.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:02 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Oy. Big storms came rolling through here last night so I didn't get to bed on time and I'm WIPED. That's what I get for being a meteorologist's daughter. I was outside watching until it rained so hard we couldn't stay out there anymore. Slept in, so no time for tea even!

I'm pleased to announce that my blood pressure is almost fixed. Pre-medication, it was 170/110. The only problem now is that I think my meds are a smidge too high of a dose because when I stand up or turn suddenly, I get the black fuzzies and sparklies (postural hypotension.) I had it taken twice yesterday: seated it was 116/84, and once I stood, it was 106/74. Not too drastic of a drop but apparently enough to affect me. But ****, both of those are WAY better than 170/110!

Just thought I'd pop in and say good morning. I'm going to have to jump in the shower here in a bit. I have another orientation at 10. Hope all you girls have a great day!

Lisa
Old 07-22-2008, 09:03 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

GONNA, dang. When it rains it pours huh? My prayers are with you and the families of those who've passed on.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:14 AM   #13  
Recovering Sugarholic

gonna we're having a major bout of "when it rains, it pours" at work recently. Last week one of my coworker's gransons had a swingset fall on him and he died (5-year-old little boy). Then this weekend another coworker had her mom die from a massive heart attack--not sure how old Mom was but I am guessing 65 at the most, my coworker (and good friend) is in her mid 30s. Also another coworker has a grapefruit-sized tumor they found this week. It's enough to make you want to go hide under the covers.

I was in a terrible mood yesterday...just one of those days I was tired of being pregnant. I have terrible heartburn, am extremely tired, and it is just wearing on me to be at work every day already! Last night I bought stool softeners and Prilosec at Walgreens...felt like a true preggo. Here's hoping for some relief and a better mood today!

Cat, I think I have a bag of red beans in the pantry...may have to make red beans and rice soon. That sounds delicious!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:17 AM   #14  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!!! Happy Tuesday!
Cottage - Enjoy your time at the pool with the girls, but enjoy more your time at Curves. We all know how important getting that exercise is!

Cat - Enjoy your day of errands and spending time with MIL. It's nice to hear that you have a good relationship with your MIL considering all of the drama that's been going around here. Enjoy her!

Belle - Hope the book is coming along well. Good luck at the vet today...I hope the pup does well.

Pat - Welcome to the daily chat! Have a good day!

Mandy - Hope your headache is getting better. Try to slow down and take a breather today.

Stephanie - Good job getting in what you could and not making excuses to skip exercise all together. Thanks for being a great example.

Gonna - Holy Moly!!!! I'm sorry it's all coming down right now. I hope you're able to find peace and be a source of comfort for those around you. Prayers are headed your way!

Weezle - Glad to hear that you got your bp almost under control. Let hope they truly figured it out.

Jessie - Wow, I'd want to crawl into bed and not leave. It's moments like these when I'm just glad to know that God is in control and that His timing is perfect. We may not understand why, but we know that He is there to comfort and let us know that He cares. Sending prayers your way as well.

Me - Nothing much in my neck of the woods. The weather has been cool and almost hazy. They keep saying that it's going to warm up....but it hasn't yet. I'm pretty certain that September is going to be super hot this year. Got laundry to do tonight, but other than that it should be a quiet day.
Have a fantastic Tuesday, ladies!
ENJOY!!!!

Last edited by hmacneil6; 07-22-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies,

Gonna and Jessie my prayers and thoughts are with you.

Have a good day, Thanks
Closed Thread