South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-01-2008, 07:40 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Watermelon, and lots of it. I'll go with the glycemic load on that one instead of the glycemic index.

And, I'll agree with the corn. Now, I'll have 1/2 of an ear instead of a whole one (or more!!).
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:55 AM   #32  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile When in Rome....

I have temporarily "relocated" this summer. I moved in with my elderly father so I could help him get his life back on track after my Mom having had major medical setbacks for the past six months.

It is not so much a matter of allowing "sins" as realizing that if you can't follow the food plan 100% than do the best that you can. I have increased my physical activity though since I have been here and that has helped with the weight lose and food cravings. Stress has the added bonus of reducing my appetite overall.

I try to avoid all desserts though. If I do I have a bite or two from someone else's. I have had movie popcorn on my birthday, yes with that awful buttery stuff they put on it. I felt like I had died and gone to Hog Heaven.

I have really tried to avoid almost all starches this summer and concentrated on lean protein and whole fruit for my "sweet tooth".

PS I forgot---I had real birthday cake on my birthday. Luckily for me, everyone jumped right in and it was all gone within 12 hours so I didn't have to worry about leftovers!

Last edited by pamatga; 08-01-2008 at 11:56 AM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:44 PM   #33  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Full fat cheeses, I use mostly sharp/intense flavors and use less of them.
When on phase 2, I eat any/all fresh fruits-including the off limits watermelon, usually 2-3 servings of fruit a day.
I have eaten fresh corn three times this summer. I occasionally use fresh or frozen corn in cooking.
I eat regular bacon, but usually 1-2 slices per week max.
I use regular butter on occasion.

Last edited by SkinnyDogMom; 08-01-2008 at 01:45 PM.
SkinnyDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:05 PM   #34  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

suuuuuuuuuuuuuushi...I just can't part with it. 90% of the time I get it with brown rice. I have it maybe twice a month. I had it for lunch today, but the place I went to didn't offer brown rice. I had it with white rice. Now I feel gross.

Last edited by JerseyGirrl; 08-01-2008 at 02:09 PM.
JerseyGirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:04 AM   #35  
Determined to lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocowgirl View Post
my sins are diet caffine dr pepper (was trying to finish what was in the house) need to drink more water...but soda is gone now so back to my water...I love the flavored zero calorie water from walmart...and butter spray...is it allowed?
Check the ingredients on the butter spray. Personally I didn't like the butter spray and threw the entire thing out before I was ever on the beach! Same with the salad dressing "spritz". YUCK.
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:42 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I have only 2 cups coffee/day, but they are BIG cups.
I have my once a year doughnuts and sushi dinner, as I mentioned in the other thread. Other than that, I go with the corn on the cob and watermelon too. I don't have much, but summer just isn't summer without it.
Otherwise, I don't really eat anything off plan regularly, but on occasion tend to overdo with the limited on plan things (fudgesicles!).
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:31 AM   #37  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Way too much caffeine and the occasional Kashi product. They are pretty healthy, even if they are not 100% SB.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote