3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   South Beach Frozen Dinners (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/146733-south-beach-frozen-dinners.html)

JellyBean32882 07-19-2008 12:49 AM

South Beach Frozen Dinners

Ok, so my mother bought south beach frozen dinners, which i don't think i can have until phase 3 correct?

betsysunqueen 07-19-2008 12:55 AM

It should say on the box for which phase(s) they are appropriate.

JellyBean32882 07-19-2008 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betsysunqueen (Post 2276500)
It should say on the box for which phase(s) they are appropriate.

k, thanx

Jonsgurl0531 07-19-2008 01:52 AM

I think most are for phase 2 and 3.. I eat them once in awhile .. the pizza ones... LOL

zeffryn 07-19-2008 10:50 AM

there is a big sign on the back of the box that says which phases they are appropriate for....some are good for p1.

ladybugnessa 07-19-2008 11:20 AM

while they are ok in whatever phase they say they are ok for. they are not enough food. they have additives I would not touch.

I don't use them at all. and if you do use them please supplement them with more veggies.... there is no way that box has 2 cups of veggies.

Belle Mer 07-19-2008 12:27 PM

I've had the pizza once in a while when I did SBD before. It's phase 2. I think that a home made pizza on a ww pita or tortilla is much better.

murphmitch 07-19-2008 12:35 PM

I have the pizza about 1-2 times a month when my family has non SBD pizza. They're very filling and pretty tasty. The other frozen dinners I tried were Blech! Not worth the money IMO.

cottagebythesea 07-19-2008 01:46 PM

I tried a couple of the frozen dinners when they first came out, and I thought they were awful. And, like Nessa pointed out, they have no where near the amount of veggies you should eat. If you have one, make sure you have a big salad or side of veggies along with it.
I do enjoy the frozen pizzas, though. I like to pile them with fresh baby spinach and additional veggies, and they satisfy my pizza cravings.

Pearlrose 07-19-2008 01:53 PM

Occasionally I will take one to work for lunch, but I always pack a salad to go with it since like everyone said not enough vegetables

JellyBean32882 07-19-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeffryn (Post 2276827)
there is a big sign on the back of the box that says which phases they are appropriate for....some are good for p1.

Thanx Zeff, ya I had the Garlic Herb Chicken one, it was pretty good, I told mom to buy more, lol.. and they are for phase 1,2, and 3.. of course when i looked at the ingredients i was worried cause it had modified food starch and wheat and stuff.. no sugar or high fructose corn syrup but still.. i'm afraid i'll gain from that.. but if its phase 1 safe i shouldn't worry about it.

zeffryn 07-19-2008 05:26 PM

you could probably make garlic herb chicken that tasted similar in a big batch and freeze it in individual servings. It would definitely be cheaper...and probably a whole lot better tasting than the frozen dinners. Healthier as well because it would be lacking in all the preservatives and additives.

Jonsgurl0531 07-19-2008 07:45 PM

I used to make my own pizza too but if I have all the stuff in my house I will eat it for break lunch and dinner lol.. SO I buy the frozen ones and eat it with a side salad about one or twice a month.
I really watch how much wheat products I actually have because if I have too much I won't lose weight like more than once or twice a week for me. Though I am fine with flax. I have no idea why.

:)

blondywants2bethin 07-19-2008 11:40 PM

i've had the oriental one with chicken and it was nasty:devil: so i would stay away from the oriental ones. SB dont know chineese :?:

JellyBean32882 07-20-2008 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondywants2bethin (Post 2277507)
i've had the oriental one with chicken and it was nasty:devil: so i would stay away from the oriental ones. SB dont know chineese :?:

I don't like chinese food, nor mexican, or japanese.. basically I like American foods, lol.. so won't even attempt at trying any foods like that.