South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 09:15 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 215/195/160

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. It helps to know this has happened to others. I'm not giving up- I do know (from many times with weight watchers) that the pattern of weight loss doesn't always make sense (in fact, it rarely does ).
However, I am committed to this long-term. The diet makes sense to me and I think it is something I can live with forever. I haven't felt hungry at all since starting phase 1, whereas on ww I would go around constantly thinking about food because I always had that awful gnawing hunger in the pit of my stomach- for me that makes it a hard choice for long-term eating, so I am certainly much more comfortable with the south beach eating plan.

Anyway, enough rambling! Good luck to all this week, it sounds like everyone is doing a great job
Old 07-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #17  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Lulu~ I agree with you! I am finding this one so much easier to follow because it doesn't leave me hungry like other plans have. I haven't been constantly thinking about food like I used to do. at least with this one, I can watch Food Network without having to jump up and grab something to eat. I can sit and enjoy it without any problems.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:11 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothis2 View Post
Morning all!
Good luck Sunshine! I like to plan my menu's too and try to only shop 1 x a wk.

I did the total body workout, more out of shape than i thought! Oh well, gotta start somewhere!

I hope everyone has a great day on the "beach"!

hugs, Pat
Thanks! I love Phase 2!! I forgot how much fun I had until I went shopping for the stuff we needed.

Today for breakfast I had a cup of strawberries and a bowl of oatmeal with cinnamon. Mmmmm.....

Congrats on getting your workout in.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:49 PM   #19  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Hi ladies, I started Phase 1 again today. I messed up horribly the last time so I'm trying to do things right this time around. I was supposed to start on Sunday but way too much drama happened this weekend. BF and ex wife got custody of their daughter, then bf's mother, who had temporary custody and for some reason thinks the daughter is hers now, pulled a bunch of BS (apparently she's got connections, and this is a small county where shady judges and shady lawyers reside) and the judge rescinded his order! Then she ran up here with a bunch of deputies with a paper and took the daughter away. She doesn't care about the daughter, only herself. She tried to claim the daughter's in danger from all of us... funny, she doesn't seem to mind that her grandson (the one me and bf had together) is in this "danger"! She's gonna have to answer to that in a courtroom. She's a spiteful idiot... And nobody will give BF and ex wife any answers about why this was done, on what grounds... ex wife's lawyer said they basically said that the mother was calling all sorts of people raising **** going on and on about this and that, and someone contacted the judge, I guess the judge was afraid to get disbarred for giving custody to these supposedly evil parents, and rescinded it to shut her up, basically. So they've talked to the head district attorney, who said something shady is going on in this county, he can't get any answers from anyone (he was a senator!)... and wants them to talk to our district's congressman for some help. Parents' rights are prevalent over anyone else, so what the heck is going on here?

Anyway it's been very stressful for all of us involved... (and god, I can't imagine anyone taking my child from me, although BF's mom did try to start trouble, but it never went as far as it did with the ex wife, because we're not married so I'm not as much of a threat to bf's mom, I think)... we've hardly eaten a thing, our stomachs were tore up, we never went shopping... at least we had a wonderful weekend with the daughter, who didn't want to go back to her grandma's house. I've had 2 eggs scrambled, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, (got up late, hardly got ANY sleep this weekend) and going on to eat a snack or "lunch" or whatever)... Please wish my bf and his ex wife luck, this is a very messed up situation. No one has ever heard of anything like this around here, no one can understand how that evil woman got the judge to rescind this order. She didn't have to be present at the custody thing but keeps claiming she had to be since she had temp. custody... and now she filed papers with the board to get ex wife's lawyer disbarred. And he's the cheapest lawyer AROUND, $300 for a custody case because he works from his house now and doesn't have that overhead.

God...

At least there's one thing I have control over right now, and that's what I put into my mouth.

So stressed out that you would think it would be an AWFUL time to do phase 1, but actually I'm not even concerned about food or even have much of an appetite after all of this crap, so it's actually easier to do phase 1 right now. I eat a lot of junk food when I'm all happy... (isn't that usually opposite of what usually goes on in emotional eating?)
Old 07-15-2008, 03:32 PM   #20  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Mel - Glad to hear from you. I was worried that something bad had gone down. So sorry to hear that my thoughts were correct. But I'm glad you're here and still sticking to the plan. Hang in there, things have got to get better.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:22 PM   #21  

Mel~ I am so sorry to hear about what you had to go through over the weekend. I wish you luck, and I wish your BF and his ex wife luck.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #22  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

When I did WW I was hungry ALL the time. On Atkins, I felt way too full and uncomfortable most of the time.

With SBD, I find that I really have to force myself to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks per day. It's a totally different experience. I wish more people would try SBD and stop thinking of it as a fad.

I am really trying to eat enough each day so my body doesn't go into hibernation mode, but it has been difficult. I am still not back on my exercise plan so I am not active at all right now. I guess that's why I'm not hungry. I hope to get back into the workout soon. I'm not very motivated with that part of the plan.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:27 PM   #23  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Mer View Post
When I did WW I was hungry ALL the time.

With SBD, I find that I really have to force myself to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks per day. It's a totally different experience. I wish more people would try SBD and stop thinking of it as a fad.
This was my experience on WW too. I am on Phase III with SB now & still have to make myself eat. I wish I'd heard about this diet years ago!
Old 07-16-2008, 07:46 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 281/240/140

Height: 5"4"

Good Morning All!

Mel, sorry to hear about your troubles, i hope things get better/calmer soon!

Bel and Anne, I too, did WW and was hungry and spent so much time thinking about food. After i have my planning and shopping done on Sunday, i nusually prepare 2 or 3 entree's for the week and i can forget about it. I will take a few minutes each morning to write down what i want to eat during the day. As i fix breakfast, i pack my lunch and snacks. Make sure i have what i need for dinner and i'm good for the day. One of my friends (on WW) and i had this discusssion over the weekend. The only time i feel hungry is when i forget to eat lunch on time at work. That is something i need to work on.

I had a good day yesterday. Got my walk in this morning. Today will be a challenge. I have a lunch meeting. I will be able to eat off the salad bar, that is my plan, sticking to all good veggies, drinking water or unsweetened ice tea. Will take a snack to eat before the meeting and one for on the way home. I have to drived 2 hours to get to the meeting. Drinking water in the car too.

Hope every one has a "beachy" day!

hugs, Pat
Old 07-16-2008, 09:06 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 215/195/160

Height: 5'8"

Well, I'm done with phase 1

I have lost a total of 8lbs over the 2 weeks- 7lbs the first week and 1lb the second week.
I have been reading through some older posts on here and I have a feeling that one of the reasons my weight loss slowed down the second week was because I wasn't taking in enough calories. Because my appetite has been so reduced, I have not been very focussed on eating much, and I think I may have inadvertantly slowed down my metabolism.

Anyway, onward with phase 2........I am going to be more careful to eat, even if I'm not so hungry. I'm looking forward to breakfast -I'm adding Fiber 1 back into my diet for this first week as I've really missed it, so we'll see how that goes. Wish me luck!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #26  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Thanks, you guys. I hope things get better too.

Heh, last night BF's ex wife found out I was on the SBD, and told me "that doesn't work! I tried it a couple of years ago, I got the book and everything, and the only reason why I lost weight is because all of the stress and crap that [Bf's mother] put me through! I lost like 40 lbs really quickly!"

And I thought to myself, well, then you probably weren't following the diet correctly one, not eating enough, and lost a lot of water weight and muscle weight... not healthy at all.. and I'm sure that the stress did cause her to not eat... but I basically just smiled and nodded. What does it matter, she's pregnant and probably doesn't even weigh 110 lbs... (skinny little heifer, lol.)

And today, got up and made my SBD breakfast. I didn't pay her any mind.

The lawyer set a new court date for the 25th of this month... and is going to give Bf's mom notice of hearing so she can't raise **** about her having temporary custody and didn't recieve notice of hearing and blah blah blahh.... but said he's gonna argue that she's not a party to the action to try to keep her big mouth shut in court... but since he's screwed up so far (and screwed up 3 years ago when BF's mom recieved temporary custody), I don't believe he can keep her from talking. If she's had temp custody, I'm sure a judge will wanna hear what this "loving grandmother" has to say. So we're bringing in the big guns (i.e. witnesses) who've witnessed a lot of stuff and witnessed their daughter with him... including a pastor who is a dear friend of BF's who let him stay at his house a lot when BF and his mother and stepdad would fight (she would let him abuse him!) and also... happens to have some pull down at the courthouse. Hahah.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:45 PM   #27  

Mel~ I am hoping that things get taken care of at the hearing and your witnesses are able to set things straight.

I am in my second week of Phase 1, and still trucking along. I am down again today with my weight, which after having a "fun day" this past Saturday, it is nice to get back on track and to see that it hasn't held me back any.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:25 PM   #28  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

9 days on phase 1. So far, so good. Except I am very, very tired today.

Maybe I'll try to work out tomorrow.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:08 PM   #29  

Hello all and Happy Hump Day!

I had a pretty good day. I made all the right food choices and avoided the evils of temptation.

I haven't signed up for the water aerobics yet. I checked the schedule at my local pool but it doesn't seem like enough. I'm going to check the pool near my cousin's house to see if this works out better for me. I will keep you posted.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:55 AM   #30  

I have been doing little things here and there, but I took my three kids for a walk around our complex on Wednesday. which in doing so, I had to carry my youngest because I didn't have her stroller, so that was an added bonus for my workout. I am going to make that an every day thing from now on, as long as it isn't storming or too hot.
Closed Thread