South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #16  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

What type of surgery do you need?
Old 07-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #17  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i need to have the Osteochondritis dissecans in my ankle removed.

it's a piece of cartilidge that died after the original ankle surgery in 2001 and has lodged in my joint.... it causes severe pain, swelling, the joint locks up and gives way... did i mention the severe pain???

the doc will go in remove the bone cyst scrape the joint and fill it with cadaver bone....

after age 60 and when i get to goal weight, the joint will be replaced with an artificial joint.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hi everyone! I'm here, but not really! Busy, busy, busy in the office. I will check back in tomorrow when I have time to breath!!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:00 PM   #19  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Nessa- Sounds like a big deal, hopefully everything works out. My mom is dealing with a bum ankle as well, she broke it as a teenager and it wasn't properly set. She still has the pins in it from when it was set - she's 58 now. She's thinking of having an artificial ankle "installed" because the pain is so intense sometimes...but it won't help her mobility as much as she once thought.

--

Last night DH ended up having to tutor a student, so we weren't able to go to dinner with SIL. We rescheduled for tonight - same pizza place. Thankfully I'm still not very hungry today as the heat is just unbearable. The only thing I can think of eating is frozen grapes...and they just don't freeze fast enough.

SIL is coming over afterwards to get some math help for her ACT that she is taking tomorrow. I think it is rather late notice...but whatever. Thankfully, my efforts earlier in the week haven't been completely foiled and I just need to pick up DS' room a little, vacuum and swish the bathroom toilets out.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Nessa, that's a shame about your ankle. Hopefully the doctor will give you something good to alleviate the pain until your surgery. Good luck!

Schmoodle, I'm not quite sure where you live? But it would be fun to try to get together someplace mid-way between us. PM me if you're interested, and perhaps we can arrange something. Nessa and anyone else is welcome, too.

I finally got my car all vacuumed out and shampooed the upholstery. It looks brand new again! I don't know how those kids can make such a mess in the backseat, but after this there will be no more eating in the car!!!!! I know I've said it before, but I really mean it this time. My new glasses came in today, too, so I ran down to the mall to pick them up and got lured into Macy's for their one-day-only sale. I was sorely tempted to splurge, but I only bought a really cute nightie that was reduced from $78 to $16.50! Now I'm waiting for Jake to get home so we can go to the Amish farm market.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 07-11-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:28 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

OMG I googled the Green Dragon and it looks so fun! Have you guys found great stuff there? I'm afraid I would spend so much money! It's 100 miles from me, so do-able for a day trip. I am definitely going to get out there this summer.

Hey Nessa, would you re-post that picture of us at the wine festival? You posted it before and I wanted to download it, but it got lost in the great 3fc crash of May I think. Or you could e-mail it to me, PM me if you'd rather do that.
Hope the doctor can get you in and fixed soon.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 07-11-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:48 PM   #22  

TGIF!!

Getting in some computer time before I have to run and pick up my daughter from summer school. My cousin wants my youngest son to hang out with her and her little boy this weekend. He's all packed up and ready to go!

I have a few errands to run. After that, my daughter and I "plan" to get our hooves(toenails) and claws(fingernails) done. We've been trying to get a medi/pedi all week. If all else fails, we'll go early in the morning tomorrow or Sunday.

Hope you all are having a fantabulous Friday! May your weekend be a blast!
Old 07-11-2008, 03:08 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxsunflower View Post
Rain glorious rain came down last night and now everything is wet and puddled. Got up this morning and did one of three of my morning laps and the glasses were wet and so was the motivator. Funny my retreiver mix does not like getting wet. I guess I will get out the weights and wear them for awhile and call it my exercise today. DD2's bday is today she is so excited and has many plans. That is about it everyone have a great day and a safe one too.
If you don't live in the desert you just can't understand how w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l a rainy day is. It started raining on the NW side of Tucson about 2:00 this morning and to my amazement it was still raining when we got up at 5:30. I had planned on going in and hit the treadmill but I elected to open the sliding glass door, fix myself a cup of coffee and just enjoy the pitter patter of rain in the puddles and smell the fresh, moist air. Fortunate for my boss it stopped raining by the time I had to get ready for work or I might still be sitting there. I would have ventured out onto the patio but the cushions were wet and I didn't want to waste time drying things off (afraid it would stop and I'd miss the opportunity of savoring the moment). I never imagined I could miss rainy days having grown up in NY State.

Now I'm going to have to kick myself into gear and make sure I workout after I get home this evening. Never a good idea for me to put that off, I'm such a morning person and so lazy when I get home at night.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:42 PM   #24  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

GONNA, oy. I don't know what much else to say but that. I'm sorry though. That's awfully young. Sometimes I feel like I'm either pre-menopausal or back to being a 13 year old girl, but it's nothing like what you're going through. Let us know what they'll do for you.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:45 PM   #25  

Height: 5'6"

It's a beautiful morning here in rural India! I did 30 minutes of yoga yesterday and dusted off my weights... Then this morning I did 30 minutes weight lifting! Woo-hoo! I feel great! I wouldn't let myself turn on computer till I did my workout. I also had pics taken today, front, side and back... my before set.(pre exercise routine and tommorrow I start phase 2) I have to run, get ready for work. Have a good evening everyone!
Old 07-12-2008, 12:05 AM   #26  

Height: 5'6"

OMG!!!!!!!
I just downloaded my before pics on to the computer. I nearly cried... But then that's why I'm here... I think I'll take monthly pics to remind me and motivate me.
Closed Thread