South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 09:38 AM   #16  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

hey girls,

busy morning. DS has playgroup at 9.

nice day so far, hopefully it stays nice. We're thinking of having a family picnic lunch after playgroup...it's been raining everyday though, so i won't count on it.

Gotta run!

Have a great day, girls.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #17  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmacneil6 View Post
Is it possible to be on one plateau for about 3 weeks, loose a good 7-8 pounds in 2 weeks and then go into another plateau???

oh **** YES! in fact that may be YOUR loss pattern.

i know mine is similar... I tend to do this:

lose a LOT of weight overnight and drop 3-5 pounds
pick up a pound the next day
pick up another pound the next day
maybe even gain more after that...

then STAY there for a while.....

then start all over.

i have had to go to looking at my net loss month by month in order to see progress and sometimes that loss is tiny as well.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #18  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hi Lisa sorry I missed you earlier hope you have a great day

Thunder good luck with your weekend i just know you'll do fine

Schmoodle you sound like me when I miss a workout i sometimes feel my world will crash down - my dh always says a few missed workouts won't ruin all you have done it just feels like it will to me

Heather there is no word from the doc yet i plan on calling them today all this waiting is crazy. I have went to once a month tracking of my weight I still weigh every friday but only track the last weigh in of the month - Good Luck!

Mornin Zeff

Last edited by GONNABE165; 07-10-2008 at 09:48 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-10-2008, 10:54 AM   #19  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the validation, ladies. In times past, when I've really focused on loosing weight, I've never really faced a plateau. But this time around I find that the weight is fairly stagnant for quite a while. And then I'll loose a good amount then get stagnant again. But I'm also finding that if I know this will happen I can better prepare mentally for it. I've just got to remember to keep plugging along. It will come off and I will succeed on this journey.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:12 AM   #20  

plateaus are perfectly normal. I've had many when I was following South Beach properly. We've had many threads on it (and how to break plateaus) through the years.

I'm trying to decide if I should get a Wii for Brian for his birthday. I've checked a couple of places and they are out so it may be a moot point but I really want to pick him up something today if possible to give to him at the party on Sunday. Today and tomorrow are the last opportunities I have to shop without him.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #21  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Hi you guys. Hope everyone is doing well.

I am excited because tomorrow I'm going food shopping, and am buying perfectly planned menus so I can re-start Phase 1 on Sunday... checked the menus with the BF to make sure he would eat everything I had planned. He is especially looking forward to the Chicken Divan recipe that is posted on the recipe forum, he says he loves curry and it's got curry powder in it.

Also excited because tomorrow he and his ex-wife (and I am coming along, of course) are going to court to gain 50/50 custody of their 5 year old daughter. When they seperated, there was lots of drama and fighting in court and the judge ordered a temporary order in BF's mother's favor (ex wife's lawyer wants to have him disbarred for that)... anyway, 3 years have passed and a lot of BS has gone on, the evil mother claiming she had some sort of say in court over what happened, and kept refusing to "let" him take it back it to court. (Got very attached.) Needless to say his ex wife got sick of the crap and finally came over here, talked to me, and got me to talk some sense into BF (she wants to be civil and end the fighting and gain their daughter back from the mother, who thinks she's got utmost control when she never has) and anyway, tomorrow is the date and mommy-dearest knows not. Feel sorry for the daughter of course, it's going to be a HUGE adjustment when your beloved grandmother has brainwashed you, taught you to call your mommy by her regular name, and tells you that daddy doesn't want to come see you because he has a "replacement baby" and it's going to be a struggle at first. Hopefully in the end, she will end up fine. I'm concerned for her definitely, but very glad for my BF and the ex. Anyone have any experience in stuff like this, or any advice?

Anyway that's what's going on in my life, hope everyone is doing well. I keep hearing about the Wii Fit, how much are those things? They sound cool.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #22  
ONEderland here I come!

good luck at court and with the quasi stepmom thing..

wiis are about 250 dollars if you can find one
the wii fit is another 90 or so
Old 07-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #23  
Healthy mommy

Thanks!

Ahh, that's not too bad of a price for the Wii. I might look into getting one, I keep hearing about how fun it is to get fit on them.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:30 PM   #24  
ONEderland here I come!

my legs are killing me today... but trust me it does NOT replace my gym or my other workouts.. just suplements them....
Old 07-10-2008, 12:39 PM   #25  

Melanie - I really feel for the daughter. It sounds like she is going to have a huge adjustment to make. 5 is a tough age anyway but at least she may not have to deal with a different school. I strongly suggest counseling. Even if she has had a lot of visitation with her parents (which it sounds like she might not have), it will be a hard change for her to deal with. Expect possible regression. Do not get upset with her if she starts wetting the bed for example. It was so much easier for me because Brian was older and the situation has not been as bad as it sounds like this girl has had to deal with.

I hate going to court. I hate seeing the lawyers take money that should eventually pay for Brian's college. But it will be worth it in the long run. We are already both happier.

I'd love to try the Wii fit but I think Brian is interested in the games. I'll see if I can find one.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:48 PM   #26  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Wii games are all kinds of fun...although I'm not sure if DH or I would play them alone. I'm not huge into video games in the first place, and DH is more into FPS (first person shooters)....they would be fun for a party though.

I thought about asking for a Wii for Christmas, but since they were so hard to come by....I just asked my parents to chip in towards a new laptop. I'm glad I chose the laptop....we use it all the time.

Maybe I can weezle a Wii for my birthday or something...all our spare money is going into savings right now for a down payment.

Barb - I was at Walmart the other day and while I was browsing the movies, I saw they had at least 5 Wii's behind glass for sale. Sales were limited to one per customer..but they had a bunch. Check there?

Last edited by zeffryn; 07-10-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:51 PM   #27  
Healthy mommy

LadyNessa, It sounds like a really cool supplemental tool, though if it won't replace my regular cardio and strengthening, I don't know if I would get it now. I might eventually though, to add it to my other exercise stuff. It does sound like a really fun addition to other exercise though. (I was confused, I thought it was a full workout program or something, on the video game console, lol.)

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 07-10-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #28  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I know nothing about Wii, fit or otherwise. I just learned to pronounce it properly in May when Meowee came to visit. There isn't one in my future after a really heavy $$$ month of June with 1K barn repairs, $500 car repairs, and over 1K in vet bills. Hershey may need to get a paper route!

Disney is back from the groomer and looks very different - but good. I'm off to do some planting after lunch and will check in later.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:05 PM   #29  
Healthy mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb0522 View Post
Melanie - I really feel for the daughter. It sounds like she is going to have a huge adjustment to make. 5 is a tough age anyway but at least she may not have to deal with a different school. I strongly suggest counseling. Even if she has had a lot of visitation with her parents (which it sounds like she might not have), it will be a hard change for her to deal with. Expect possible regression. Do not get upset with her if she starts wetting the bed for example. It was so much easier for me because Brian was older and the situation has not been as bad as it sounds like this girl has had to deal with.

I hate going to court. I hate seeing the lawyers take money that should eventually pay for Brian's college. But it will be worth it in the long run. We are already both happier.

I'd love to try the Wii fit but I think Brian is interested in the games. I'll see if I can find one.
Hi, BF and Ex-wife were talking about getting her into counseling to undo all of the damage done, but I really hope they follow through with it and not just talk about it, ya know? So, although it's not really my place, I called a local mental health center to find out if they work with kids (they do). BF will appreciate it, and I'll tell him to tell Ex wife it was all his doing so she doesn't feel I'm trying to step on her motherly toes, she's had enough of that crap the past few years. My BF was allowed visitation... at first. But it came at a price. At any slightest disagreement, or any challenging of what his mother would decide for HIS daughter, (although he and his ex wife still had the rights to decide for their daughter), she would ban him from the house for weeks at a time. Then call him up screaming at him for not coming to see his daughter... when she was the one who would threaten to call the cops if he would come over. She would turn around, blame it on him either being a bad father, or me acting like it's just me, him, and our son, and act like she never said what she really did say. She'd tell the rest of his family she never ever did such a horrible thing, and make him and me look bad. He's had enough of the emotional blackmail... and the ex-wife, who his mother hated with a passion (as she does me) wasn't allowed until her lawyer stepped in, then she let her but always wrote down anything she felt was 'wrong' in a little notebook to use against her in court. She always had planned on trying to get the ex wife's child from her... she's a very controlling, domineering, manipulative, spiteful hateful woman. Enough is enough, what goes around comes around! Her time has come to an end.

Were you fighting against an ex for your son, or did you have to fight in-laws? (if you don't mind me being overly nosy). Stuff like this is hard for anyone involved, I think.

Uh oh, I'm missing DOOL! I'll check in later.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:59 PM   #30  

Melanie - Neither Robert nor I have any parents left alive. His dad actually usually sided with me when he was still alive. We got along great. I wanted a simple divorce where I gave Robert half of everything and he got standard visitation. But he ended up assaulting me and then he went to court and tried to ask for alimony, accused me of assault and really made things nasty. We've tried to keep Brian out of as much of it as possible. Maybe once he gets past the criminal charges, he won't have so much anger (I didn't file charges by the way, the police did). Robert resents having to pay the minimal child support but I supported him for over 6 years so maybe he just hates having to get a job.

I did check one Walmart for the Wii but there are lots more Walmarts. And I haven't checked Circuit City either. I can't throw money around since I do have legal fees that I'm sure I will have to pay once this is all over but I did get a raise recently and I know Brian would be very surprised and please to get this.
Closed Thread