South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 09:14 AM   #16  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

As far as the Wii's go, our Best Buy and Walmart have them all the time.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #17  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Morning Ladies!!! Happy Tuesday!

Cottage - So glad you liked Les Mis. Like I said, it's probably my very favorite musical. I LOVE all of the music and the story is just so fantastic. I think I cried through the entire show the first time I saw it. Enjoy being home, have a great day!

Ruth - What is a 3-H day? I get that one of the H's stands for humidity, but what do the other stand for???? Enjoy your a/c and have fun w/ Hershey at pet therapy.

Indigal - Hope your jaw is feeling better when you wake up (on Wednesday). Sleep well!

Twynnb - Four days with a fever.....you should get into a doctor and soon. At least try and stay indoors today.

KO - Good luck heading into Phase 1.

l/c - How fun that your Father's spending a month with you. That'll be a great time!

Nessa - Sorry to hear that things are sour in your neck of the woods. Hopefully dh will understand the importance of getting through this therapy and will work it. Hang in there!

Phxsunflower - Enjoy the pool. Sounds like a great way to spend the day.

Gonnabe - Hope the test results come in soon and everything looks good.

Cat - Hope you're having fun with all of your "projects"! That Jillian will kick your arse.....won't she?!?!?!

Steph - Congrats on maintaining as long as you have. So glad to hear that your DS is back and safe from DC. Enjoy catching up with him.

Zeff - Posting the same time.....Have a good Dr.'s appointment today. And great job on getting the house picked up. Care to send some of that enthusiasm my way???

Kim & Schmoodle - Thanks for the kind words yesterday. I really appreciate the encouragement.

Me - The scale is back down today.....I swear the fluctuation just drives me kookoo some times! I did a different dance workout today and I'm still cooling down from it. It wasn't super hard, but it was definately face paced cardio. Lots of fun! Quiet day today, not much to report. We've got a potluck at work, so I'm bringing a salad that I know I can eat, if nothing else.
Have a fantastic Tuesday, Ladies!!!
ENJOY!

Last edited by hmacneil6; 07-08-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:47 AM   #18  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

morn all;
everyone busy bout their day already this morning.
ladybug: don't you just love your wii fit. i got mine a week ago and loovvee it. here it is hard to find. watch the sunday ads and than be there when they open. that's how my dd got hers. i just happen to catch a late delivery truck at target. he had three and five people were on their way, first come first serve. i wore my heart rate montor with it yesterday, did 45 mins burned 535 cals. i'll take that. favs are step, and boxing.
off to shower.
chipper
Old 07-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

See what happens when I sleep in? The chicks are up early and clucking away this morning! Not me, I didn't sleep well, so got up a little late and playing catch up with the morning chores.
Last night we went to the pool and took a couple of neighbor kids, and other neighbor kids were already there, so the kids had a blast and I had a nice visit with the moms. So I got in a swim AND a 4 mi WATP and I'm feeling virtuous today. Scale is behaving, but I have put him back up under the tub because I've noticed that I'm so anxious to see a number starting in 17 that I've been weighing too much.
Today, DD2 has plans to go to a friend's and sleep over, DS probably plans to loaf, play video games, and play with the neighbor, and DD1 is off work today so will probably harass me all day. Otherwise quiet around here (I hope).
cottage, poor DD! I didn't realize you hadn't seen Les Mis before, it is a great show. Enjoy the mall - find some good stuff!
indi, hope your jaw feels better - isn't TMJ from grinding? I get that sometimes when I'm stressed. Beck is the Beck Diet System, it's a book that guides you through cognitive therapy to help conquer overeating. There is a forum here on 3fc, and some of the chicks have used it in conjunction with SBD. I tried it, but it was too much work for me.
Have a lovely day Ruth!
KO, glad you are having success with Beck. I know Nessa likes it too.
Twynn, 4 days of fever, you'd better get that checked out - something is going on! Feel better soon!
lc, a visit with dad after two years! You must be excited.
Nessa, DD2 has been campaigning for that Wii Fit. Everyone I know that has it loves it. Give us a review when you have a chance? My DH decided to ignore the situation when he was diagnosed with type II diabetes. That didn't work out too well for him, and I still have to stay on him about his medication and stuff. Thank goodness for SBD which has been a huge help in that department. Men!
Stephanie, hope your long day passes quickly.
Cat, have a good one!
Gonna, hope you figure out what is going on soon. BTW, I love your avatar also! Cute couple.
Have a great day phxsunflower!
All the chicks that aren't feeling well, feel better soon!
Hmac, forgot to tell you yesterday how much I like your new avatar. You look great! Oh, hot, humid, and hazy, I think...
Happy cleaning zeff! I hate doing it, but love it when it's done. Like Ruth, I think I need staff.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 07-08-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:57 AM   #20  

Hi chipper, it took me ages to write that book, so we simulposted! Another Wii Fit fan! I haven't heard one person say a bad thing about it, gonna have to watch around here and get myself one. One question, do you need a lot of room to do it? We don't have a lot of open space in the TV room.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:33 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 148/133/125

I love our wiii! The bowling is awesome. i saw that it has a yoga game....haven't gotten it, but looks intriguing. hope everyone has superb day!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:33 AM   #22  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

I watched my cousins play WiiFit all day on Friday--it looked like a lot of fun. I was too scared that I'd fall off on my face--that baby belly sure messes up your balance. One of my cousins is 32 weeks pregnant and she took a good nosedive onto the floor. We have a Wii and I asked DH about maybe getting the WiiFit after baby is born, but he didn't think he'd play it much. I will have to decide if I would.

I came back from Ohio sick, sick, sick, and spent yesterday in bed. Came in today because I have an OB appointment at 11:30...I have to take my glucose test, which I am not excited about. But afterwards I'm just going home and back to bed. I didn't sleep much after about 3:30 this morning because I was coughing my lungs up. Wonder if the doctor will give me an OK on some meds I can take...I took one or two Sudafed but then got worried about it.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:37 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone - quick run-in for me. I had a disaster at the house during lunch yesterday (34 oz. of olive oil exploded in the kitchen), so I'm catching up on work this morning.

Feeling great on D2 of P1 - on plan and feeling energized! Tonight we're going to see Hulk, so it's leftover Meatball Casserole for dinner. Yum!

Have a great day!

~Kim
Old 07-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #24  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieW View Post
I watched my cousins play WiiFit all day on Friday--it looked like a lot of fun. I was too scared that I'd fall off on my face--that baby belly sure messes up your balance. One of my cousins is 32 weeks pregnant and she took a good nosedive onto the floor. We have a Wii and I asked DH about maybe getting the WiiFit after baby is born, but he didn't think he'd play it much. I will have to decide if I would.

I came back from Ohio sick, sick, sick, and spent yesterday in bed. Came in today because I have an OB appointment at 11:30...I have to take my glucose test, which I am not excited about. But afterwards I'm just going home and back to bed. I didn't sleep much after about 3:30 this morning because I was coughing my lungs up. Wonder if the doctor will give me an OK on some meds I can take...I took one or two Sudafed but then got worried about it.
Sorry you're not feeling well.

Try Tylenol cold...my doc gave it the ok.

Have fun with the glucose test, and be sure to bring a book. It gets boring sitting there for an hour waiting for your body to absorb the sugar drink.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #25  
Patty

S/C/G: 208/195.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm new

Good morning,

I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing

I've been on South Beach for a couple months and enjoy the diet, but didn't think I was getting my moneys worth for their on-line.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:51 AM   #26  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Schmoodle thanks for the avatar compliment. WATP videos my mom bought me 2 for my bday and I just love theone i've been doing (3miles)

Jessie I hope you feel better real soon

Hiya Kim I bet that was some kind of mess to clean up - enjoy the Hulk
Old 07-08-2008, 11:01 AM   #27  

Hi Slimmin Patty and
I've never done the SBD online, but I can tell you that the info and support are great here! Lots of experienced and knowledgeable (did I spell that right?) chicks and tons of great recipes and ideas.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #28  

Hi, all. I slept REALLY late, just got up! I took a vacation day from work, but I really didn't intend to sleep in!
I've been lurking but haven't really re-started P1. I've always - for the last few years, since I did SBD for real - eaten a P2 breakfast and lunch. it's just snacks and dinner and dessert that get me
Today's my dd's 11th birthday, and I have to get ready for a last minute poorly planned birthday party this afternoon. 8 tween girls!
Old 07-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #29  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I'm a bit confused as the lady from the doc office called and asked if I had taken a pregnancy test yet I told her no as I just had TOM on Thursday and it lasted 3 days and besides that my dh has been fixed and she still recommended I take an at home test - this is way over my head. Whats a girl to do?

Hello Patty & welcome.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:23 AM   #30  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to everyone!

Day 2 of Phase 1 for me. So far, so good. I sort of overdosed on eggs when I did SBD before, and I still haven't gotten my "taste" back for them, but I'll keep experimenting with different recipes.

I had a minor accident last week and injured my foot, so I won't be doing my regular walking routine until that clears up

I write during the day, so that is what I'll be doing today, besides giving the dog a bath, cleaning up the house, and cooking.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Closed Thread