South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Good morning. I am new to this forum. I did SBD a few years back and had pretty good success with it. Over the past 2 years I have slacked off and got swept out to the sea of old bad eating habits. I have gained back everything I lost +21 lbs and am pretty disgusted with myself for allowing it to happen. As I approach my 50th birthday with hypertension and the risk of diabetes, I know I need to make some serious lifestyle changes. Being a believer of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" I am returning to what worked well for me before. I am a lifetime weight watcher but don't like the flex plan and the Core plan is not as flexible as SBD. I look forward to getting to know people here and the support and guidance I know is on a board like this.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:30 PM   #17  
Revisiting the beach

Talking

I made it through my first full week on Phase One!!!

I feel like such a dork to be so excited, but I'm quite proud to have made it through the holiday weekend without cheating.

Since my energy is up, I added exercise back into the mix yesterday.

Today, I got my first, "Did you do something different with your hair?" comment from a coworker. Since my hair is the same, that must mean he noticed something is different, right? Perhaps that I'm missing 10lbs?
Old 07-07-2008, 02:11 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 152/120/120

Height: 5 foot 3 inch

RenRen, 10 lbs in a week! That is amazing. Congrats on getting through week 1 , especially with it including a holiday weekend. I wasn't as disciplined as you and have to start over today
Old 07-07-2008, 04:04 PM   #19  

Hi, I'm new to the forum although I've been on 3 Fat chicks many times over the last few years. I started SBD a week ago and I'm so frustrated and disappointed. I've only lost 2 1/2 pounds. I didn't even cheat on the holiday - which was also dh's b-day and the day after which was ds's b-day. I was so proud of myself and now I'm feeling so bummed. I'm going to keep at it though. I do feel better so I guess that counts for something. Thanks for listening to my venting.

Terrie
Old 07-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

back to get clean again! DD2's bday is on Friday so will probably mess up phase one for 1 day but..I need to get started or there would be no starting. This time I am writing down everything that goes through the lips it seems I need to start watching the portions and learn what they are. Then if I can't break this stalemate with the scale I am going to be asking for advice.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:57 AM   #21  

Height: 5'6"

Well I'm on day 3, week 2 of phase 1. So far so good. A bit low energy, but nothing I can't work through. I figure my body is just adjusting to the fact I lost 10 lbs in the first week.... I find myself not hungry for snacks...I have to make myself get something... Have a good day!
Old 07-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 164/156/123

Height: 5'2

I'm starting Phase 1 today. I was on it in January and lost about 10 lbs. I am unemployed so have lots of time. I slept in and missed breakfast. Lunch was a salad with some turkey and 1/2 cup beans. I'm off to grocery store. DH will eat mostly what I do, except he has to have white rice. He does like whole wheat pastas and breads. And I think he wants to walk in evenings so maybe I'll get 2 walks in!
Old 07-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #23  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm doing OK so far on Phase 1, but I'm not feeling well, and not very hungry. I think I am not eating enough, but I suppose that's better than binging. :-)
Old 07-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 281/240/140

Height: 5"4"

Hi All!
Day 2 of Week 2 of Phase 1. Feeling good, no food cravings. I did SB a couple of years ago and lost over 30 lbs, gave up and gained it all back, plus some. Went to WW's and lost almost 40 lbs, stopped going to meetings and gained back 20 lbs. Want to stop this yo-yoing and get back on the weight loss.

So here i am....looking for support to keep going. Looking forward to joining you!

hugs, Pat
Old 07-08-2008, 07:43 PM   #25  
Bonjour!

I had to add: I've got that Phase 1 headache thing going on. Hoping it goes away on day 3! (Tomorrow.) And my poor dog wants to know where the Cheerios went, LOL. Hubby ate them all before his business trip in anticipation of my P1. The dog doesn't understand what happened. :-)
Old 07-08-2008, 10:43 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

well made it through day 2. I think I need to drink more water. will try and get it all in tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:29 AM   #27  
Phase 1 Newbie

S/C/G: 187/181.5/165

Day 3 for me on the diet, began on Monday along with my boyfriend. So far so good, i've dropped 3 pounds. Luckily i'm not craving breads or anything so far. I love the foods on this diet, it's not hard at all. Hopefully my weight loss continues!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 215/195/160

Height: 5'8"

Well, I've finished week 1 on phase 1, so I was excited to come on here this morning and change my ticker- I'm down 7lbs! That is a great motivator for me to keep going .
My headachiness from the first few days has gone and I feel good. I have found I need to drink a lot more water than I do normally, I seem to be thirsty all the time, but I figure that's a good thing, especially in the Summer. I have not been hungry the entire week I have been doing this, and have also been craving-free, so it has actually been easier to stay on plan than I imagined. Yay!
Old 07-09-2008, 02:30 PM   #29  
Bonjour!

My headache is gone, yay!

I just got South Beach Taste of Summer Cookbook, and the receipes look great. I also got the workout DVD. Haven't tried it yet.

I'm waiting for delivery of: Against The Grain: 150 Good Carb Mediterranean Recipes, by Diane Kochilas. This cookbook is supposed to use SBD guidelines for its Mediterranean recipes.

My Phase 1 is going pretty well, except that for some reason I'm not very hungry and probably not eating enough food, which is strange for me.

I have that horrible craving for sweets. It will pass, I know. It did the last time I did SBD. Today I had to steer myself away from all those berries at Whole Foods. Only 10 more days until I can eat berries!!

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:54 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 148/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Final "official day" of phase 1 today. I was looking forward to moving to phase 2, but my weight loss has totally stalled. I have lost 7 lbs, but that was all mostly week one. I know that the objective of phase 1 is supposed to be mostly to cure cravings, but I am bummed. the scale hasn't moved in almost a week! I am terrified to move into phase 2. i'm not losing now, how can i in phase 2?!
Closed Thread