South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 09:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

I am on my last few days of phI but I might stay a little longer. I am missing fruit probably wouldn't if it were winter. What really is helping me is a mix of salsa and some beans heated up over my eggs in the morning. I also have put it over a veggie burger and it really is good. I brought it for work lunch several times last week.I never liked beans until I tried SB a few years ago.I did have 2 drinks on Friday at a party. Stuck to the food plan, but ca ved on the alcoshol. Boy, did that go to my head. I was sick yesterday. I never have hangovers. Not eating carbs with the drinks is a real no,no.Lesson learned. Does anyone know how much salsa you can eat?
Old 06-29-2008, 10:10 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Depends on whether there is sugar in it or not, HereICome.
I'm going to close this thread and start the next one called June 29 and Onward. I'll try to copy our two posts there but no guarantees. I'm technically challenged this morning.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies,
Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. It's hotter than blazes here for Washington state. It's going to be close to 90 and with allergies, it's no fun, but I make the best of it that I can.

I weighed today, and I'm down to 275, so that's a 6lb loss for this week making it a total of 10 for the two weeks on phase 1. I'm really happy with that because it's been so looooooooooong since I've had a good weight loss like that. I know some of it was water, but I was counting calories before I started SB, so I'm sure alot of it was fat too.
So I'm thinking I might stay on phase 1 just one more week because of TOM being here.

How did all the rest of you do? Please post your losses! I wanna know how all of you did too.

Have a great OP, butt movin', water drinkin' Day!!
Debbie
Old 06-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #4  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

Hi everyone! Starting phase 1 today! I've done all my reading and shopping to prepare for it. I'm going to plan my menu and exercise while I have breakfast: turkey bacon, egg, and cheese cups, and a glass of low sodium V8! I'm really looking forward to starting this plan, and I'm so glad others have been successful so far. Cheers!
Old 06-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #5  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

you can eat a lot of salsa as long as it is not high in carbs. most salsa, such as ortega and pace, is low in carbs and has 10-15 calories for a 2 table spoon serving.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 236/228/150

Height: 5'

My second day on phase 1.5 and I did slip up. My blood sugar crashed and I went a bit overboard when I was trying to get it back up. I was pretty upset with myself.

But now I'm saying, "Oh well, tomorrow will be better." My blood sugar crashed because I didn't eat enough. It was a rough day.

My daughter came home after spending the night with a friend and half her face was swollen! so I had to take her to the doctor. I forgot the insurance card so I had to run to dh's work to get his. After I got back to the doctor's and filled out the paperwork, then they tell me I have to go somewhere else with my insurance!!! Finally I get to the right place and it takes almost two hours to get in and out. She has an eye infection.

After all that she wanted to go to McDonald's. I got a salad (asked for it without the tortilla strips). The dressing did have sugar in it though. I still feel it was okay to eat it, by this point I had to eat something. I was getting a headache then too.

We got her meds and FINALLY got home! I took some meds and laid down for a while. I woke up with my blood sugar at 50! I had a sandwich. Still felt low, so I had some grapes. Felt better but still hungry, so I had some cereal. Bad bad bad! I did have some other things in the fridge but just didn't think about the cottage cheese and yogurt and I didn't want to take the time to prepare something. I had it in my mind I needed carbs, though I didn't really anymore.

Sometimes it is hard to get my blood sugar back up when it has crashed like that. If I hadn't been asleep I probably would have caught it before it went that low.

The thing is, I didn't really even enjoy the cereal. I've never been a big cereal eater. It was just there.

So, now I have a plan for next time. Number 1, make sure I eat enough during the day so it doesn't happen again. (and stay away from McD's, they don't have anything good there!) Number 2, have some snacks in the fridge already prepared and maybe keep an SB cereal bar or something in my purse. Number 3, don't freak out and keep eating!

I'm going to be more careful tonight and especially tomorrow.

Thanks everyone!

Bright Blessings,
SR

Last edited by SavarnaRose; 06-29-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Hi hi! I started Phase 1 yesterday So far so good! It's sad, I'm already looking forward to Phase 2 haha I do fine for lunch and dinner, but breakfast and snacks get me. But, I'm determined to have a clean Phase 1, so I'm hanging in there!

Jess
Old 06-30-2008, 06:04 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Mum2 - check out the Recipes and FAQ for breakfast and snack ideas.

SavarnaRose, EAT. If you continue to have low BGL, perhaps you should ease into Phase II.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:51 AM   #9  
Revisiting the beach

Hello everyone!

I started PH1 yesterday.

The one thing I have realized is that I mindlessly eat carbs throughout the day. Yesterday, while getting my boys Goldfish, I stuck my hand the bag to grab myself a handful. I had my hand to my mouth before I even realized what I was doing. This morning, while making my oldest his lunch, I cut off the crust from his sandwich and almost popped those in my mouth too.

Other than that, I'm doing well. I'm guessing that by the weekend, I'm going to slip. I won't have a problem staying away from sweets, but it's the alcohol I'm worried about. I'm hoping if I just stick to a glass or two of red wine, I'll be ok.

Happy Monday!
Rennie
Old 06-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Hi, RenRen, and to The Beach.
Yup, carbs are tricky. It'll help to be sure to include lots of veggies PLUS the dairy and legumes on Phase I. By the way, better wait for Phase II for the wine. To detox, a pure Phase I is best.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:57 PM   #11  
Revisiting the beach

Thanks for the warm welcome, Ruth.

I do know that alcohol isn't allowed in PH1, but I'm not sure if I can make it through a family gathering without a little liquid fortitude. My MIL is quite a trip. I'll try my best though.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

I checked out the breakfast thread and wow at the ideas! I think I'm going to try the waffle recipe (though it'll be a pancake for me). I fixed some flaxmeal chocolate muffins and they're good, but the texture's not my thing (though my hubs and my 3 year old LOVE them!)

I gave up and had chili for breakfast because I didn't feel like cooking this AM. I think I'm going to try going to bed earlier because I just can't seem to get going in the morning enough to cook. Or, maybe I'll do the quiche cups. I truly didn't realize how many options I had!
Old 06-30-2008, 08:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 150/118/110

Height: 5'2

Well it is finally that time. I started phase 1 today. I had absolutely no problems on my first day..didn't even crave carbs or anything. I was expecting to after reading about so many people did, but to my surprise I had not!

I tried the rosemary salmon recipe in the book for dinner today, and it was amazing. I have never liked fish, (with the exception of tuna), and I was so excited that I actually liked it. Go me, haha. =)
Old 06-30-2008, 10:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

A new month and new reslove. Tonight DH and friends asked to go out for wings and I agreed knowing tomorrow would be a return to healthier eating - and I am regretting the fat intake already. I have been following phase 3 for over a year, but sadly I have strayed too far this summer and am up five pounds - not horrible, but I know I need to address this now and not later.

I am going to start phase 1.5 tomorrow - I will allow some fruit, as it is at its peak this time of year and see how it goes. If it is not working I will go strict phase 1. I will stick with my exercise plan: 40 - 60 minutes per day, as I know it has contributed to my success so far.

My plan:
Beakfast: 2 quiche cups (w.zucchini, carrot, broccoli, smoked gouda), V8 & latte
Snack: yogurt
Lunch: zucchini w/tuna and navy bean salad
Snack: apple and string cheese
Dinner: grilled chicken, garlicy roasted broccoli, salad (romaine, peppers, cucumber, cabbage)

Ally
Old 07-02-2008, 11:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 152/120/120

Height: 5 foot 3 inch

Default Phase I Chick Check - Sunday, June 29 and Onward

I am new to the beach but have been encouraged by all of your posts and after reading the book, I have found that it seems like a great plan. A little background, I am in my early 30s and after having my 2nd daughter (she is 2now) , I have been unable to get out of the high 140s/early 150s. I exercise like crazy (minimum 7 hours of cardio a week and I resistance train for an hour each day 5 days a week) but I can't stop the weekend over-eating and over-drinking. I know that is why I can't get the scale to budge more than a few pounds. I call myself a weekday dieter!

I never used to gain in my mid-section but now I have all this extra fat when I sit etc and it is disgusting me.

I celebrated my birthday this past week and I am ready to start this new year with South Beach and 3fc! My official starting day is today and tomorrow I will have my first challenge as I will be having dinner out. I have already checked the menu at the restaurant and plan to go with a salad with a little fat-reduced dressing on the side and then the grilled salmon without added butter.

Who else is starting Phase I this week? I would love a buddy.
Closed Thread