3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   What do you miss? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/145574-what-do-you-miss.html)

TwynnB 07-05-2008 08:28 AM

What do you miss?

It's kinda funny...

My husband and I were in the van yesterday, going on a shopping spree. I was saying that I saw myself in a mirror...and it didn't look too bad!! I'm honestly quite stunned.

So, we were talking about the diet, and he asked me what I really missed eating. I paused. Started to think about it. What do I really miss? Pizza? (hmmm...eh, doesn't sound good). Ummm.....french fries? Nope, those sound disgusting and greasy right now. Ughhhhh.

He finally said, "well, I guess that's good, you're not craving/missing anything".

I finally decided....birthday cake. There was a cake at my son's friend's bday party, that looked good. It honestly wasn't that tempting, otherwise I would've just had a couple bites to satisfy myself and move on.

Guess the diet is working!

Is there something you really miss?

(Oh.....sugar in coffee again would be nice!!) (she says as she's drinking her morning coffee!!)

ladybugnessa 07-05-2008 08:32 AM

being able to eat whatever i want without thinking about it...

but food wise... CHEESECAKE, ICE CREAM, chinese food

CyndiM 07-05-2008 08:42 AM

I've been able to find substitutes for many of the things I crave but there are a few that can't be done in any way worth eating. Mine include real maple syrup (hey, this is Vermont!), nori roles, margaritas (why do syrups have to be made with hfcs?!), movie theater popcorn with real butter...

I'm with Nessa though - sometimes i just miss being able to eat things without reading labels and thinking about it first! I know it's healthier this way but sometimes I just miss quick and easy. I don't miss seeing 228 on the scale though, so on balance I'll get over it ;)

pookynutt 07-05-2008 08:57 AM

The list is endless! But I do really miss being able just to go get drinks and any kind of food with friends, I don't really miss the food, but the social occasions and freedom to hang out without care or concern. Bars are not exactly SB friendly!

ItsGreat2BeMe 07-05-2008 08:58 AM

I honestly miss McDonald's LOL and strawberry (Twizzlers) licorice :-(

Lulumum 07-05-2008 09:27 AM

I'm on phase 1 so I'm missing bread and cereal, but I know this phase is not forever..............

femmecreole 07-05-2008 09:31 AM

French Bread and REAL butter...

But not enough to give up all the cute new clothes.

I've had french bread and butter a couple of times since I started phase 3. And it was GOOD. but won't be something I have very often and in very small amounts.

greeneyes490 07-05-2008 09:40 AM

I miss being able to go out with friends and just order a bunch of food, joke around and eat without worry.....but my favorites are chinesse buffet :), sushi, fish and chips, fondue, and the list goes on.....I know I will have these things on occasion farther down the line because this is a lifestyle and saying i will never indulge would be unrealistic for me but my goal is to stick to this the majority of the time and on occaision indulge....but hopefully not till i get close to my goal.....

Spoz 07-05-2008 10:18 AM

Grilled cheese sandwhiches... I mean I can have them if I've been VERY good.. (so not often)

hmacneil6 07-05-2008 10:36 AM

Sushi would be the one thing that I would love to have but won't until I'm ready to take a few days of being back on p1. Sushi is not something I'm going to give up....but I know I will have to sacrifice a lot to have a dinner of it.

chronicdieter 07-05-2008 11:41 AM

Having a cocktail before dinner with my husband on Friday evening....
Spaghetti and meatballs...
Paella...:tantrum:

Aaaahhhh...but it is so worth it! :D

dasmith2 07-05-2008 12:08 PM

peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches, but I'm only on day 4 phase 1 :-) so at least I'm not missing everything I used to eat

murphmitch 07-05-2008 01:17 PM

Beer and unlimited pizza
Ice cream
As much bread as I want
Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies or brownies

cottagebythesea 07-05-2008 02:25 PM

Ice cream
Unlimited amounts of peanut butter
Rhubarb custard pie with crumble topping
Hot apple pie with crumble topping
A tall stack of pancakes dripping with melted butter and maple syrup

CyndiM 07-05-2008 04:53 PM

okay, another embarrassing one - Annie's boxed mac and cheese with the sauce packets. early on I was desperate enough to wonder if I could mix the sauce with something else. Then I tossed the box out. It seemed best :o