South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-05-2008, 05:52 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I can honestly say I don't miss white breads, pasta, white potatoes. I do miss my sweets sometimes, but I can usually satisfy in some way, and I do eat a little dark chocolate every week so that helps.

There are a couple of things I love and refuse to do without forever, so I decided that I will indulge RARELY and only have the very best of what I want. I love doughnuts, and there is a place at the beach that makes them fresh in the mornings and they are so MMMMM. So I will have a doughnut once a year when I'm at the beach (if I want it). But I wouldn't want to blow it over a stale grocery store doughnut. And I have a favorite sushi place so I will eat there once a year and have my mermaid rolls.

I noticed SB has made me kind of a food snob. If I'm going to have a piece of pizza, you'd better believe it's going to be the best pizza around!

I guess if I am stressed or upset I do miss the act of binging until I drown out the unpleasant feelings. But I don't miss the regret afterwards or the physical discomfort!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I think some people have made me realize what I do miss......easy snacks! And easy lunches!

Now, I get to make the two day care lunches, plus my snacks, and then my lunch too. LOTS of chopping, etc.

I don't miss granola bars, etc, but I sure do miss the convenience!!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:19 PM   #18  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Margaritas.

I love me some margaritas.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #19  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
I think some people have made me realize what I do miss......easy snacks! And easy lunches! . . .but I sure do miss the convenience!!
I couldn't really think of any food, but this is sure on track.
I miss easy, convenient, thoughtless, social and FOUND food.

I don't miss the first 40 pounds I've lost, borderline HBP, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, sludge in my gall bladder, pain in my side, that out of breath feeling from walking hard or up a couple of flights of stairs, size 18 clothes, four inches in my waist, back fat, etc.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:59 AM   #20  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

This is twisted... but since SBD I love that I think about what I eat before eating... However we were away this weekend and friends brought out a tray of yummy looking bakery cookies and platters of chips and snacks... For a moment I remembered how I would just pick and eat and eat and pick... For an instant I missed it...

But now I am in control and have minimal cravings for junk.

I do miss Sweet and Salty Granola Bars.
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:56 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm on Phase 1, so I'm missing a LOT right now lol

Once on Phase 2 though, the only food I ever wanted that I couldn't find a reasonable sub for was Little Debbie pumpkin pie snacks. They're like gingerbread with pumpkin filling (read: white flour and HFCS galore!). I was able to have pizza (whole grain pita loafs make wonderful crusts!).. I didn't really miss cake (I had a 1/2 a cupcake at my son's birthday party -yick it tasted like flour and crisco blech)...

Oh, I miss "real" (not whole grain) pasta, specifically angel hair pasta drenched in butter and parmesean cheese Oh, and mac & cheese lol The whole grain stuff just isn't the same, but, I'd rather give up those couple foods and not cringe when I look in the mirror

Jess
Mum2Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #22  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebRover View Post
I couldn't really think of any food, but this is sure on track.
I miss easy, convenient, thoughtless, social and FOUND food.

I don't miss the first 40 pounds I've lost, borderline HBP, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, sludge in my gall bladder, pain in my side, that out of breath feeling from walking hard or up a couple of flights of stairs, size 18 clothes, four inches in my waist, back fat, etc.
Hey, what are you doing in my head?
Yep, everything she said
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:18 PM   #23  

I'm a week into phase 1 and Oh, would I love to have a piece of fruit! Out of everything I can't have right now, I was honestly shocked to realize that it was fruit that I miss - especially pineapple and the many strawberries that are growing outside my back door!
Btr8898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #24  
Simply Filling Technique

Unhappy Unplanned or unthought meals

It wasn't that long ago where I was "ignorant" about what I should or shouldn't eat. Granted, with knowledge comes power but ignorance was Bliss for awhile anyway.

I don't think there is anything too specific that I miss other than just not being so disciplined about what I choose to eat. I still struggle in restaurants, which this past week was a real challenge. I came to stay with my Dad for awhile and I have ended up eating out 7x this past week! I haven't done that in 20 years!! I tried to make the best choices that I could and I am losing but I just felt sick, mentally and physically. The problem is that we are driving 90 miles round trip to see my Mom in a nursing home and when we try to get everyone's schedule to work out, either I make our evening meal much later than he likes or we eat out. It doesn't help that he and my sister are so willing to pay for my meals either!

So, I am missing my cocoon back home where all I had to do was buy my SBD food from my list and eat it. I miss my safety net.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #25  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

All phases:
French bread from the local French bakery/cafe
NY-style Pizza.

Since I just started P1 again:
dark chocolate
fruit

We don't dine out much or eat fast food, because we eat mostly organic food, and we can't find much of it in restaurants. But I miss having the ability to throw a few things into the shopping cart without thinking about them. Planning menus, shopping, and cooking takes a good bit of time. I guess I miss the time savers. You know - those handy time savers that made me fat! :-)
Belle Mer is offline   Reply With Quote