3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Help! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/145252-help.html)

DFW 07-01-2008 09:06 AM

Help!

Hello all or as we say Howdy all from Texas!

I just started SB about 7 days ago but I am not sure if I can drink aby "skinny" starucks or "red bull, sugar free". I hate black coffee so I need something that will wake me up! Any advice would be great! I am updating my profile right now, but I got on SB in preparation for my 2/09 wedding! :carrot:

Thanks!
A

cottagebythesea 07-01-2008 09:34 AM

:welcome3: to The Beach! The skinny lattes from Starbucks are OK as long as you make sure there is no sugar added in the flavored syrup, and no whipped cream. As far as the Red Bull goes, I'm not familiar with them but I'm sure one of the other beachers here will be able to give you some info on them. In the meantime, just check the ingredients to make sure everything complies with the Phase 1 guidelines.
Good luck!

hmacneil6 07-01-2008 09:38 AM

My standard Starbucks order is:
s/f n/f decaf. vanilla latte. I've also heard that they have s/f hazelnut & cinnamon syrups. Don't know about Monster drinks. Sorry!

ladybugnessa 07-01-2008 09:39 AM

I Know some folks drink the SF red bull. I think those energy drinks are nasty.

Skinny lattes are fine just remember to count the milk as your milk allowance so that a tall is 8 oz or one serving of milk. a Venti would be too much milk...

i always confirm that they used sugar free syrup and fat free milk....

Ruthxxx 07-01-2008 10:01 AM

water, acidity regulator sodium citrates, carbon dioxide, taurine, glucuronolactone, sweeteners (acesulfame K, aspartame), caffeine, inositol, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, thickener xanthan gum, colours (caramel, riboflavin)....that's what's in sugar-free Red Bull. The caffeine is about the same as a cup of coffee so why not drink that instead of all the other crud?

WarMaiden 07-01-2008 11:34 AM

Green tea and black tea are good alternates for a bit of a caffeine boost, too. They have antioxidants and other good-for-you stuff.

EofAZ 07-01-2008 02:52 PM

I've been drinking sun tea (which I make with half black tea and half green tea) with Davinci SF Raspberry Syrup. I've got my skinny hubby hooked on it so it can't be to bad. He also swipes my SF Cherry to add to his milk.

Fat Melanie 07-01-2008 03:33 PM

I think energy drinks are nasty too. And they're filled with some pretty dubious stuff. The makers can claim the ingredients are good for you all they want, but it's not been proven by the FDA.

I agree with War Maiden, green teas and black teas are really good for you. And they say green tea helps your metabolism. Whether that is true or not, I don't know, but I do know there is so many benefits to drinking teas (even better, try WHITE tea, it's delicate and sweet, not sugary sweet, just a natural sort of 'sweet'). Plus you can find so many different beautifully & naturally flavored teas. There's this tea, Twinings by London, or something like that, which makes a black tea with ground vanilla pod... it's lovely. Then there's ginger teas, and peach and apricot teas... mint teas... you'll never find an end to all the amazing teas. And you can make them iced, with some splenda.

nullgal 07-01-2008 08:13 PM

I drink a ton of tea. I really love it. If you go to theteatable.com there are some amazing choices and you can even order free samples. If your looking for a kick, though, stay away from roobios tea which is decaf. I put a little splash of skim milk in my coffee to take away the bitterness of the brew, and a little bit of splenda. i would steer clear of the SF energy drinks. all the ones i've had have had a weird taste to them and i could never finish one.