South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 06:07 AM   #1  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Default It's a Terrific Tuesday on the Beach

is it not?

cool and July first
I have a job interview tomorrow
i'm getting ready to go to work now at 6 am

and I lost 4.8 pounds this past month!

have a great day everyone.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday, July 1 - Happy Canada Day!

Happy July! I'm tipping my cup to a brand new month.

I had a stellar day of staying on-plan yesterday. Now, if I can just get back into my exercise groove, I'll finally have my act together again. It's been hard, what with my summer hours, and when I'm home I'm trying to get my own house caught up. At least I'm getting plenty of swimming in!

This morning I'm cleaning the house before I pick up the girls at noon. We're invited to a weinie roast, but only staying long enough for the girls to have some lunch before heading off to a friend's to spend the rest of the afternoon at their pool. Polo game tonight, but I think I'll just take the girls home for their baths and supper and wait for Richard to come home and take over.

My cup is empty, time for a refill!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:15 AM   #3  

Good morning, Nessa, and congratulations on your weight loss! Good luck on your job interview tomorrow, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 07-01-2008 at 06:17 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:28 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and I am thoroughly enjoying the coffee, your company and the fact that it's not raining - yet!

Cottage, your day "at work" sounds wonderful - very summery activities. Do the girls (and you) enjoy watching polo? I sure do although there's not much of it around here.

Nessa, I am keeping fingers and boobs crossed for your new job. How's B. doing or is he still being a peckerhead? Great June weightloss - please cough on me for July.

Big Canada Day celebration at the Park this afternoon with games, entertainment and free cake and ice cream. I sure will skip the last two items as June was a terrible month for me weightwise. I think stress contributes to weight gain. Darned cortisol! I changed my avatar and need to change my ticker.

All the plants are now in the ground and it's up to them now. There are still some seeds that may go in for fall greens and there's weeding, of course, but I no longer need to feel guilty when I see plants languishing in plastic pots. Today I will do some deadheading of peonies which will mightily improve my front perennial bed.

Running a bit late this morning so I'm outta here to take a little tour of the Net and then get breakfast.

Happy Canada Day to my fellow (and girl) Canadians!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks,
It is lovely here this morning. Quiet around here I think, just a day of work for me, getting DH ready for departure, maybe the pool this evening. DD has dance camp. DD1 and DS still at the beach.

Happy Canada Day to our Canadians!
Nessa, great job on the loss for the month and good luck with the interview.
Enjoy your summer fun cottage.

No coffee yet, need to do something about that then get to work.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:42 AM   #6  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

good morning all, and happy canada day ruth!

congrats nessa on your june loss!! i think i lost 5 in june as well, but haven't been on the scale yet today to double-check.

well, the baby is congested, so i have been up with her since 3:30, and it doesn't look like i am going to get back to sleep before i have to go to work! i just can't sleep while i am listening to her struggling to breathe, ya know? so that is bad as i have a loong day ahead at the office, including a 5:30 meeting. yikes.

but i am happy it is july -- my favorite month! it is my bday and older dd's bday too!
Old 07-01-2008, 07:03 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning everyone!!

Kind of cool here this morning because of the constant afternoon storms, but it should be a scorcher in a couple of hours. I was going to buy my tickets today for the "summer of love" concert on Thursday night, but may put that off as it seems the weather may be stormy that night.

I have also been slacking on the exercise, but am getting ready to hit it hard this morning after giving myself a good talking to last night.

Hope everyone has a great day and Nessa, best of luck with the job. Will be thinking of you!!
Old 07-01-2008, 07:07 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks I'm back from my walk and eating really yummy 5 grain cereal with fresh, local raspberries.

Nessa - Wow, great month!

Cottage - Sounds like another fun summer day with the girls

Ruth - Ahh, so there is an upside to the boob issue - they are more versatile now! I never thought of that
Isn't it great to have those plants in! I still have a few bare spots to deal with, of course. I also have a plant mystery. I planted "collards" in between my peppers. The plants are up and healthy but not collards. They look like a squash type plant, though the seeds are small and brown. I need to call the store I got them from to see if anyone else has weird mystery plants.

Natalie'sMom - Eek, good luck getting through the day! Hope you and the baby have a better night tonight.

Today is a busy, but fun day for me. This morning I'm visiting one of the child care folks with a new garden - checking in and taking pictures. Then this afternoon I get to visit someone else to do some professional recognition counseling. Should keep me busy and out of the office, my favorite kind of day.

I tried the calabacitas from Kalyn's Kitchen last night. Very yummy and decadent

Have a good day!
Old 07-01-2008, 07:11 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Natalie's mom i was up at 3:30 too and could NOT go back to sleep!
Old 07-01-2008, 07:13 AM   #10  

Have fun at your Canada Day festivities, Ruth, but stay clear of the cake and ice cream table! I'm sure you're relieved at finally getting all those plants in the ground, now you can just sit back and watch them flourish. I just came in from deadheading all my petunias, what a chore! But it sure makes the garden look better. As far as polo, I do enjoy watching the game, but the girls get restless, and every time I look away to see what they're up to, I miss a great play. One of the members donated a huge playset to the club, and that often keeps the girls happy, especially if there's other kids there. There's usually a great tailgate party going on at the same time, but it's very hard to avoid the drinks and Frankenfood!

Schmoodle, how long will DH be away this time? I know you must have told us, but I can't remember. Isn't it a beautiful morning! It would be great if the entire summer could be like this.

Natalie's Mom, I hope your baby girl gets over her congestion very soon! It is so sad to listen to them struggling to breathe. Do you think she may be allergic to her formula, or is she nursing? I hope your day isn't too long!
Old 07-01-2008, 07:17 AM   #11  

Cat, I hope your weather clears so you can get to that concert, it sounds like fun!

Cyndi, I'm going to go check out that calabacitas recipe. I often use her recipes, and most of the time they're just fantastic! Good luck figuring out the collard mystery!
Old 07-01-2008, 07:18 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Schmoodle & Cat I missed you both the first pass !
Old 07-01-2008, 07:54 AM   #13  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

good morning to all of you-----went to the gym last night and i am hurting everywhere. It was a really good workout. I think my favorite is step aerobics. I tried talking leo into buying me a stepper but he wont. He says that I have the gym. He hasn't been taking his meds and life isn't doing too well right now. When will it all end? I can't wait for vegas. I am counting down the days.

Where's Kara?
Old 07-01-2008, 07:59 AM   #14  
Trying it again....

fat melanie---if you're out there......I didn't read yesterdays post until now but I don't know the name of his meds. Yeah, we have major problems too when he doesn't take them. If it was told to me i think i could recognize it.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:59 AM   #15  
Trying it again....

I think I'm gonna start packing for vegas today!!! I need to get out of here.
Closed Thread