South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:09 AM   #16  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Chipper - We were posting at the same time. Good morning!

Last edited by hmacneil6; 06-25-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:17 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmacneil6 View Post
Good morning Ladies! Happy Wednesday!
Cottage - Sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday. I hope today can compare.

Ruth - Wouldn't you just love to spend a few hours in your dogs head. I swear they have a 3 track mind, but sometimes they seem so smart. I love having pups!

Cyndi - I'm sometimes amazed at this woe and how it really can fit into any situation....you just have to be creative. I've got pancake batter in the fridge for lunch today as well. I hope mine turn out as tasty as yours sound.

Tywnn - Have a great half day and jog. Good for you!

Jelly - Make sure you're getting your protein in as well. Even though you're not doing SBD yet, start preparing by adding some meat or beans to every meal.

Nessa - Sounds like you had a fantastic evening. I love getting together w/ friends for dinner. It's one of my very favorite pass times.

Kim - What do you do for a living? Are you a paralegal? Just curious. Hope all goes well today!

Steph - Hang in there. I'm sure July will be much better. for you while your ds is away.

Greeneyes - Congrats on the weightloss thus far. Good job planning and figuring out what works for you. Keep it up!

Loriann - I'm interested to read your other thread. Welcome Back!!!

Me - Today is all about moving and cleaning. This morning I am determined to get this house in a better state than it is right now. Going to spend an hour or so picking up and cleaning. And then this afternoon I'm going to friends to spend time with her and her DDs and then we are both headed over to our friend's home to help her pack and move back to Albuquerque Sad reason for us all to get together, but it'll be nice to see her one more time before she goes.
Have a wonderful Wednesday, Ladies!!! You all ROCK!
ENJOY!!!

LOL, I should be eating beans anyway, I've had constipation problems for years, probably from my poor eating habits, so I'm sure it's gonna take time for me to get "regular".. and are those frozen gordons salmon fillets good to eat? My mom buys alot of those, I figure anything salmon is healthier than say Hungryman tv dinners, lol.. and she also buys those deli packaged sliced ham and turkey, are those good to eat when wanting to lose weight?
Old 06-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #18  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Good afternoon all!

Sitting here at work, dreading a meeting that we're having this afternoon. Just thinking about it gave me one of the quick, intense headaches I have (which the doctor said was "just" a tension headache). I just finished lunch, which was taco soup, and leftover Nutty Summer Squash with Asiago cheese, which I loved, by the way (if you need a new, adventurous side dish, try it)! I really want to swing by Trader Joe's, but I'm scared of what kind of damage I'll do in there...

Kraft/South Beach Living makes these Drink Mix packages that you add to bottled water, I just discovered them at Publix yesterday. I have the natural tropical breeze one, and it is GOOD!!! It's supposed to be full of fiber, too, so that's definitely a plus. I think I'll try the strawberry one next.

Jellybean, this diet will make you very regular, if nothing else...okay, that's probably waaaaaay TMI, so I'll stop now.

Greeneyes, congrats on your weight loss!

My goal for the next few days (besides dropping my final 2 pounds until mini-goal, and before June 30) is to STOP LOOKING AT THE SCALE DAILY. It's driving me insane!

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 06-25-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:03 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

hmacneil: I'm the Deputy Chief Appraiser for the county we live in. My office is the one that places values on properties and that is what their local property taxes are based on. Needless to say, lots of people hate me this time of year! We have hearings once a year so that property owners/agents can protest our valuation of their properties. I've got some real doozies this year, so the stress is at an all-time high.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:40 PM   #20  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Jelly - Salmon is definately better than hungyman dinners. But check to make sure they aren't super high in fat. And with the deli meats, try to find some that are low sodium.

grneyed - Hope your headache is better and that the meeting went well.

Kim - That explains things better. I hope the hearings all go well today.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:38 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hey ladies!

here i was counting down the days to summer vacation and have now been given the option to teach our summer academy. oh, well. money in the bank. will be offline for a while until we get dsl at our new place but, in the immortal words of arnie, "ah'll be beck" have a great rest of the day!!

cheers.
jan
Old 06-25-2008, 04:01 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 215/191.6/135

Height: 5'6"

Happy Wednesday, all! I've been doing pretty well. I went off plan on Monday night and had a 1/2 in x 3/4 in square of dark chocolate. Well, better a small piece than an entire bar.

So far, my only issue is the food prep time. I really need to start cooking ahead on Sundays.

I find that this diet has made me regular as well, but in the opposite way than grneyedmustang mentioned. I no longer do a #2 4 times a day. Very happy about that.

3 track minds for dogs? Hmm, I think mine both have one track minds, but that track changes depending on if we are home or on the road. Summer's is "Food? Food? Food?", to the point where she walks around the kitchen with her mouth tilted up and open, as if to say, "I'm ready. Go ahead and be clutzy. I'll catch!" Winter's track at home is "where's my playmate (Summer)?" and on the road is "This smells good...girls were here..." (I'm dreading what Winter will be like when Summer comes into season for the first time.)

grneyedmustang, I get those quick, intense headaches quite a bit. I also suffer from chronic migraines. I prefer the ones you have. (I know that we'd both prefer to have none.)
Old 06-26-2008, 02:09 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

I was born having headaches, my mom had them all her life, my grandma, my aunt.. it's genetic.. I just take Excedrin Migraine, works wonders
Closed Thread