Monday Motivations Chick Chat

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Happy Monday!

I'm not sure what kind of a day we'll have today. The weather calls for storms all day, but they said the same for yesterday, and it turned out to be a gorgeous day. The kids were all here to hang out around the pool, and I succumbed to temptation and had a couple of Mojitos. My eating was on track, but I"m sure those drinks didn't help.

I have to be at the girls' early today, so I'll be skipping Curves yet again. This summer schedule is really screwing up my exercise routine! Maybe I'll just take one of my WATP workouts with me, the girls might enjoy doing it with me.

Two more weeks until vacation!
  • Good morning

I'm drinking hotel coffee, not as good as mine but it will do in a pinch. at least until I can get to a coffee shop.

Cottage - I love good mojitos. I would have succumbed too. for keping your eating on track with food. I know a child care provider whose kids ask for the WATP videos sometimes so the girls might like them once in awhile.

Ruth - I know you're out there! Hope you had a good, mellow weekend

Well the weather here has been a downer but we're still having fun. We saw the really, really rare in NE birds we were looking for yesterday. Our boat trip was canceled so we're heading back out to Plum Island while the rain holds off to get a few hours birding in then heading home. I don't really mind leaving early, there are definitely things to take care of at home.

Have a good day all!
  • Good morning. Cottage, after your busy weeks, I'm sure you deserved those Mojitos!

It's raining and very gloomy here. I am getting pretty sick of all the rain and hoping July shows more sunshine. Even Hershey the Portuguese Water Dog is tired of being toweled off when she comes in. On the other hand, Disney hates being wet and wants to be dried off before she eats breakfast!

My car should be ready later today (fingers crossed) and I'm hoping the timing is right to get a lift to Athens. 15 miles is a bit of a walk for this old lady with the bum knee! We really need a cab company in Delta. I could rent a limo but that's be a bit ostentatious to pick up a Ford Focus!

Today will be an indoors "hanging out" day with some laundry, cooking and quilting happening. There will also be a lot of reading, coffee drinking and dog petting.

What does your Monday look like?
  • at CyndiM. Sounds like you are enjoying yourself! Not sure what rare birds you spotted but I can contribute about nine turkey vultures who have decided to roost in my back forest! Ugly and noisy critters but a good clean-up crew.
  • Good morning Ruth, Cyndi and Cottage!! Happy Monday!

Well, the scale was good to me this morning...and I lost three this week! I am going to have to lose three again this week if I am going to make my june goal and 50 pounds down (from my pre-delivery weight).

We lost my FIL very suddenly and unexpectedly in Feb -- he was only 62. Well, today is their anniversary. So, we are taking my MIL to dinner tonight. It is a sad day.
  • Hi all!

It's definitely Monday here, but the sun is shining. I had a cheat this weekend at the family reunion, but I'm right back on track today! My official weigh-ins are Sunday and I was down another pound. Slow and steady wins the race, right?

Baby girl was sick this weekend. I had to leave her with my mom this morning. I hate the "Is she sick enough to go to the DR or should I wait it out" game. I know my mom is going to have an interesting day. Although she is is sick, she is still very active.

Well, I better clock in. I want to change my ticker while I am in here.
  • Does anyone know of a site that sells the South Beach Diet Supercharged for like $13 including shipping? Around here the book sells for $18-$19 and I find that rediculous for a book (call me cheap, lol). I looked on ebay for it but people are bidding on them like crazy and whenever I get a bid in I get outbid and the people win it for like $16-$19 which doesn't make sense to me they can just buy it in a store for that..
  • See if you can get it from the Library. Even the "old" book will do as the newer one just adds exercise and a revised food list which we already have posted in the FAQ Section. It's important to read the book to understand this lifestyle.
  • Good morning, all! It's bright and sunny here with thunderstorms expected in the afternoon. Today it is off to work, which makes following plan so much easier.

Weighed in and have lost 5.4 pounds during the first week and a day of phase one, even with the day off in there. Yay! 200.6. Onederland is in sight.

Good going, djett and Natalie's mom!

Ruth, my sammies only don't like being wet when I'm giving them a bath. They are quite happy to stay outside all night long in thunder and hail storms. Winter's pretty funny - he'll stick just his head in his dog house when it hails - like if it doesn't touch his face, he's okay. I know he has a lot of fur, but still. Summer goes and sits under the patio table or actually goes in the dog house. Summer will come in if I call her, Winter won't.
  • Hey everyone. Sorry for being MIA this weekend. DH and I were a little wrapped up in ourselves - it was nice. Last night was awful, though. I had a nightmare and decided to read the Bible to clear my mind. What do I choose to read? Revelation. I read the entire book and that left my mind really stimulated - so no sleep for me. So, it will be a slow, tired day for me. Ah, Mondays.
  • Well I am now on day 2 of Phase 1 .....and I think I did okay yesturday but struggled..this morning I am eating 2 hard boiled eggs with a little trans free margerine and 3 slices turkey bacon from breakfast and I am pretty full right now.......so here's hopeing phase 1 goes quickly .......
  • hi just breezing thru...but answer to book is try Bomc2.com all their books are new and at $9.99 includes shipping. Have the newest South Beach book.....Karen3
  • Well, I haven't been to the library in years, don't even have a card.. but I do have the OLD south beach diet book, i may just have to stick to that
  • Greeneyes, I hope it goes quickly for you too. You should probably include some veggies with that breakfast - even V8 will count. Are you anywhere near the Parkdale or Byward MArket? There will soon be lots of great veggies and fruits there.

Just had an "incident" with Disney. My smoke detector went off because I had the oven on self clean and the poor little thing was absolutely terrified. Strange because the vacuum cleaner, motorcycles, etc. don't bother her. She must have some bad memories from shelter living - or before. I've been cuddling her a lot.
  • Just popping in to say Hello! I had a great weekend with my family...except DH - he was out of town, but he'll be home tonight. For the most part, eating was on track. It could've been much worse! We celebrated my Mom's birthday with burgers and cake, etc. Couple of glasses of wine was my biggest downfall. But, this is a lifestyle change and wine will remain in my life.

I'm supposedly down 2.5# this week, but I'm curious to see what the scale says tomorrow. I think I prefer Tuesdays for weigh-ins .... get all that weekend water weight taken care of first! Hehe.

Natalie'smom - we lost my stepdad suddenly at 58 three years ago. I can relate to your pain. It's very hard and I'm sorry for your loss.