South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 12:29 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 146.5/144/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning friends...

Today is much better. Worked out last night. Had some yummy pork tenderloin. Scale back down 2# today. AND I've lost 3" overall since 6/16th.

I'm a happy (but busy!) camper today!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:43 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone!
I'm on Day 3 of Phase 1 and just posted a note about not getting enough calories (which I didn't know about until I plugged in today's menu into Fitday, since I haven't been feeling hungry). I'm a vegan, which makes the food list even more restricted, since I don't eat dairy or eggs. But I'm finding it fine so far and not having too much of a problem sticking with the plan.

I was having very bad migraines the last two days, but that wasn't detoxing. I've been going through some mild depression the last few months and have been reading about amino acid therapy, so I thought I'd experiment with them to see what would work best for me. So I've been taking different AAs (like L-Carnitine, 5-HTP, CoQ12) and seeing how I react. I've noticed that certain AAs cause me to feel more anxious and the blood to flow faster, which in turn triggers headaches for me and then, being impatient with the pain, over-medicate on over the counter stuff and that triggers a migraine. But today I eased off a little on the AAs and now I feel fine, thank goodness!

Tam
Old 06-25-2008, 08:05 PM   #63  
Keep Moving Forward!

S/C/G: 190/175/140

Height: 5'8''

Evening chicks!

Welcome Tam. I too am on day 3- I also posted a comment about tofu for you. I would love to say so far so good, but I was starving last night and ate half of the bread that came with my salad. At least it was sourdough, but still a no no. I started right back in today and I feel good. I think I will add 2 days to the end, which is easier for me to think about then feeling like I am starting all over. I have dinner out again tomorrow night to a place I have never been. I am uncertain there, and I do not like going out this often when I am in P1, but I do not want to hide out because of the food restriction. On the positive my cheat was not so enjoyable that I feel like blowing off everything and starting again next week- my normal MO, nor did I give in and get a pint of ice cream last night- since I had blown the day. So I will take these small steps as good ones. I totally upped the liquids today too, so that is helping me feel really full. Well enjoy the evening!!
Old 06-25-2008, 08:42 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

I am on my week 2. I found the first 3 days very difficult to stay on completely. It seems easier now, but can still feel temptation knocking at times. I did manage to avoid the large plate of cookies that were brought to work today. I was watching everyone and kept reminding myself I just had to turn my back and walk away. I did not want that feeling of defeat only empowerment.Yesterday was my can't get full day, but I did stay straight. I am looking forward to a piece of toast in the morning.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:09 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Just bumpin' up the thread
Old 06-26-2008, 08:11 PM   #66  
Keep Moving Forward!

Evening girls. SO I need to share my proud dining moment. I just got back from dinner with my brother at a place I had never been to. I ordered a salmon ceaser salad with no crutons and passed on the bread- which did look delish! I am feeling pretty happy with myself at the moment!
Old 06-27-2008, 04:15 PM   #67  
Keep Moving Forward!

Hi chicks!

So I have a venting ranting moment. I have been pretty good at sticking to P1, just the one cheat on Tuesday. Normally I drop 5 pounds or so in the first week and so far nothing. I know it is early, but I am feeling a little disheartened. I really want to stick too it and drop the weight, but I would like to see the scale move a bit. Any insight or hints?
Old 06-27-2008, 04:19 PM   #68  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Happy Friday everyone. Just a quick check in before the weekend. Doing pretty well so far. Made the Mixed Up Casserole for dinner last night and there is enough left over to have over some lettuce. I think it will be almost like a taco salad. I'm also going to make some baked tilapia this weekend and also some balsamic chicken breasts. That way I'll have some leftovers for my lunches at work next week.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Have a good weekend. I'll check back in later.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:24 PM   #69  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You know, not everyone loses that illusive 8-13 pounds on Phase I. Lots of things can interfere and one of them is already having been on a diet. Some folks lose nothing on week 1 and then drop in week 2. The purpose of this Phase is to get rid of those carb cravings - weightloss is the cherry on top.

If you like, post your exact menu (with quantities) for a day or two.
Hang in there, Beachies - it'll happen.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:09 PM   #70  
Keep Moving Forward!

Thanks Ruth. I did drop a pound so that is making me feel a bit better. I guess I am just more confused that my body is not responding the way it has before. I have been thinking about my meals, I am sticking with the right foods, but I am not so sure I am getting 4.5 cups of veggies. I will have to work on upping that.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:55 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

I am on my last few days of phI but I might stay a little longer. I am missing fruit probably wouldn't if it were winter. What really is helping me is a mix of salsa and some beans heated up over my eggs in the morning. I also have put it over a veggie burger and it really is good. I brought it for work lunch several times last week.I never liked beans until I tried SB a few years ago.I did have 2 drinks on Friday at a party. Stuck to the food plan, but ca ved on the alcoshol. Boy, did that go to my head. I was sick yesterday. I never have hangovers. Not eating carbs with the drinks is a real no,no.Lesson learned. Does anyone know how much salsa you can eat?
Old 06-29-2008, 10:10 AM   #72  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Depends on whether there is sugar in it or not, HereICome.
I'm going to close this thread and start the next one called June 29 and Onward. I'll try to copy our two posts there but no guarantees. I'm technically challenged this morning.
Closed Thread