My Yummy "Pizza"

• I'm sure that most of you have already had this or tried it, but it's new to me and was so yummy. I took some light flat-out bread, spread a little natural tomato sauce on it; then put some turkey pepperoni slices on there and finally added some reduced-fat Mozarella cheese. I baked/broiled it in my toaster oven for just a few minutes, until the cheese melted. Oh, my! So good.
  • Sounds delish!!!!
  • It does sound delish, just make sure that the flatout bread you are using is 100% whole wheat. I like to make these on mini whole wheat pita bread, too.
  • I like shredded chicken on mine with sauteed mushrooms & onions plus cheese.
  • Yes, it says 100% stone ground wheat. I use the original flavor, light flat out that is low in carbs.
  • Roz, 100% stone ground wheat isn't necessarily whole wheat. It's a marketing gimmick to make you think you're getting whole wheat. Flour is made from wheat, so we have to make sure we're buying the true, whole grain, 100% whole wheat. It should be listed first in the ingredients.
    It can be tricky until you are used to looking at the ingredients every time you buy something. I know I was guilty of slipping up when I first started SBD, until I learned to be viligant about reading labels.
  • Oh, well, darn! Lol! Good thing I don't have much to lose.