South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 05:54 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Coffee and Chat

Good morning! I was up very early and really need my coffee but have left enough for the rest of us.

My days are gearing up as I get closer to Delta Fair time. I did get quite a few non-Fair niggles done yesterday which eases the pressure/guilt a bit. This morning I plan to garden for a few hours, soak in the tub and then drive around the township collecting schoolwork for the Fair competition. Some schools close a week earlier than others so I get to drive around to the others next week. I am seriously considering submitting a mileage claim - gas up here is equivalent to $US5.50 a gallon. Later today, I will work in some sewing for relaxation.

What's happening on your Tuesday?
Old 06-17-2008, 06:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for sharing your coffee, Ruth. Our gas prices are around $4.06 a gallon. Less than yours, but it still makes you think twice about driving as much. I'll be on vacation the first two weeks of July and would like to go someplace, but the cost of gas is really making me re-consider. I just may make this a staycation, instead, and just stay close to home.

I have the day off, but I plenty to do. I have my annual gyn appointment this morning, and afterwards I have to shop for a pair of shoes to wear with my outfit to Caite's graduation this evening. Jake and I are driving over to NJ right after he gets home from work, and are meeting everybody at a restaurant for an early dinner beforehand. The weather is going to be beautiful, much cooler with no humidity, so it will be just right for the outdoor ceremony.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:31 AM   #3  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

can you believe the gas prices, they are just crazy!!! I drive an expedition and it takes an easy $120-$140 to fill up from empty. I am filling up gas everyday. I drive alot. And Leo only wants me to put $10 in at a time. I think it would be just wiser to fill up at once till it's full then everytime it get to the 3/4 mark then fill up again. But he won't. Well, I'm up early gettin his lunch ready for work and now I'm off back to bed. I couldn't sleep last night so I was on here till past midnight. Now I'm really tired. Talk to you ladies later.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:43 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Thanks for the coffee Ruth! I needed it this morning.

My friend just returned from Scotland and spent all her "spending money" on gas for the car. It's crazy how high it is. It must be similar where you are Ruth - I know that people here are being hit extra hard because it's the kind of place you have to drive. It's too rural for public transport to help at all I know so many people really having a tough time right now.

Cottage - Have a lovely day

TK - I can't imagine driving a vehicle that large! I have an Echo and our other car is a Prius and I still dread the gas station trips.

Another overcast cool day here. It's just as well since I'm stuck in the office all day. I found a great recipe last night and linked it in the dinner thread. If you like greens check it out!

Time for breakfast. Have a good day!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:25 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Well, gas in Europe is even more expensive than here. I'm glad my wee Ford Focus gets good mileage. However, I'll still use about $40 today on Fair business.

Greens! I just have lettuce in my garden since my greens didn't get planted - I do a mix - but I notice the organic farm near here has them. Maybe I'll get some on my travels today.

It's so dark out there right now it could be the end of the world! I'd better get out there and get something done before it pours.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

What a bee-u-ti-ful morning! Such a shame to be cooped up in the office all day!

Ruth Enjoy your day, hope you find your greens!

Cottage Oh joy a trip to the gyn! At least you get to follow it up with shopping!

TK Holy cow, I complain at $40 to fill up! And dont get me started on men and their complaining about gas prices!

Cyndi Have a great day!

Me Gosh it seems like I never have anything new to report in my life, but I am not complaining! Things have dried out here for the most part. With so many counties declared a disaster area by FEMA my job is getting interesting! The rules are changing by the day as the levels of disaster get adjusted, so I can't even look ahead and predict what is coming down the road. Homes that have already have appraisals may or may not have to be reinspected, yada, yada, yada! Oh and don't even talk to me about Home Owners Insurance!

Ok enough of my boring ramblings, have a great day ladies!
Old 06-17-2008, 08:48 AM   #7  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Looks like everyones getting a late start. Not much here to report just the same ole same ole. Speaking of gas prices when we were in the keys a few weeks back we saw gas as high as 4.25 a gallon we spent $450.00 total just in gas of course we drove my moms ford f250.

Have a great day chicks!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:29 AM   #8  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Morning Ladies! Happy Tuesday!!!

Ruth - Thanks for the coffee! It's nice waking up know you all are here already up and moving. I hope the weather is kind enough to you so that you can get every thing done today.

Cottage - Have fun at the graduation today. How exciting for you and your family.

Tk - You are right about filling up all the way and then only letting it get down to 1/4 of a tank. It has something to do with the expansion of the gas in the tank vs. the amount of air. It saves money to have a fuller tank. Do some research on line. Besides it also saves time in your schedule every day.

Cyndi - Morning!!! At least your day is not beautiful. I'm lucky enough to have an indoor/outdoor job and can enjoy the weather if I want. And believe me, I feel your pain regarding lack of public transportation.

Stephanie - Don't worry about having a "normal" life. There are times when I wish my life would slow a little. Enjoy your peace.

Gonnabe - Have I told you that I really like your new avatar. It's a really cute pic of you.

ME - So I have you all beat regarding gas. Out here in California (where it's almost impossible to use public transportation) gas is costing at least 4.45 a gallon. It's costing me almost 80.00 to fill up. SO PAINFUL!!!! Today is a big day in CA, we have leagalized same sex unions. The news is all over it. Unfortunately, there are also groups that are protesting, and being very mean. Christians being very un-Christian......drives me crazy!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful day today.
ENJOY!!!

Last edited by hmacneil6; 06-17-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:12 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Morning ladies!! One day till we leave for LA. I am so glad that we bought airline tickets when they were really cheap, it would have cost over $650 just to drive there now

Not looking forward to gas that is $4.45 for the rental , on the Illinois side gas is around $4.09 and on the Missouri side it is $3.89 so I always gas up on the days I have to go to work in St. Louis.

Hope everyone has a great day today enjoy the beautiful day.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:36 AM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Heather thanks for the avatar compliment. Still to this day don't know what i was doing.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:09 AM   #11  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Pearlrose - Where are you going when you come to CA?? What's on your agenda??? Let me know if you would like some tips.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:15 AM   #12  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

drive by for me
bri is out of surgery
he had one huge gallstone
surgery was rough due to his size. poor baby.... he'll be staying at least overnight...
food is good but the scale is up for me.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Sorry the weight is up Nessa - stress does that - but glad to read Brian is out of surgery. Are you going to make a doorstop or something with his gallstone? Wishing him a speedy recovery.

My morning got rained out so I had coffee with the "in-crowd" at the diner, bought the stuff for Taco Bake and came home and made it. Now it's sunny out! I may try for an hour of planting, then shower and change and hit the road.

See y'all later.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:39 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, I spent yesterday in a fog, I felt like I could hardly hold my head up and I was hungry all day, like my worst day on Ph1, but I'm not on Ph1 anymore! I was also very depressed about the breakup of my brother's marriage, and haven't been able to get him on the phone yet to see how he's doing. Anyway, I was in bed by 9:30 and feel better today, so I don't know what that was all about. DH leaves tomorrow for AL and a 3-day small arms training class, so he should be back for the weekend. Then he goes July 3 to Japan for a 4-month trip.

cottage, happy graduation day to Caite!
tk, thank goodness our cars get good mileage (DH has always been a stickler about that) and we don't drive more than we have to. I considered taking another job later this year that would require me to do more commuting, but the expenses will definitely impact my decision!
Have a great trip Pearl!
Nessa, glad Brian's surgery is over and went well. I know he'll be glad to not have those gallbladder attacks anymore. I went through that too and it's no fun!
Ruth, coffee at the diner sounds like a great way to start the day. Somehow I get the impression we live in the same type of town.
Stephanie, hmac, Cyndi and Gonna!

Have a happy Tuesday chicks!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:48 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Nessa, I'm glad your DH got through his surgery. I'll bet it's a huge relief to both of you. I hope his recovery goes smoothly.

I'm glad I'm done with my dr. appt., won't have to do that again for another year. I treated myself to a new dress afterwards, since I couldn't find any shoes to go with the outfit I had planned to wear. Clothes are so darned expensive and I don't like most of the styles out today, but I found a really cute Vera Wang for 50% off. Luckily, I have just the shoes to wear with it already, so that's good.

Time to think about lunch, I just remembered I haven't eaten anything yet today!
Closed Thread