South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 06:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default It's the FRIDAY TGIF Chat!

Good morning! I'll have to post this quickly before Ruth beats me to it again!

It's going to be a long, busy day for me. I have to be at Cindy's by 8:30, and this evening is Maggie's dance recital, which starts at 7. Audrey's is tomorrow afternoon, but I watched her dress rehearsal the other night, so I'm going to skip her recital. If we have time, we may come back here for a quick dip in the pool. I do want to make sure Maggie gets a little quiet time this afternoon since she'll be up late.

More coffee is needed right now, I'll be back in a bit!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:33 AM   #2  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

It has already been a long morning -- is it a full moon? Neither girl is sleeping well! So we are up with the birds and i hear natalie coming!

i am glad it is friday! ooops--i gotta run!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:47 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Cottage - Sounds like another busy day. Hope you have some relaxation time scheduled for the weekend

Natalie'sMom - Thank goodness the weekend is almost here! Hope the day goes quickly.

Nothing much to report here. I'm actually working today. It's been such a weird week with the power outage and then the hiking yesterday that I have work to catch up on. Next week I'm only working 3 days and have a meeting one of those so I need a little office time. The Board approved a vacation increase (a consolation prize because there are no raises this year) so I have an extra 4 days vacation this year. I'm aiming for 4 day weeks this summer as much as possible and then 4 days in the office and 1 at home in the fall to cut down on driving.

The hike was fabulous! I so miss hiking. I need to find someone nearby to hike with. It's one of those things I just won't do alone unfortunately. This was a pretty good incline and definitely a good workout with a picnic on top. Perfect weather and nice views.

Busy weekend planned. The pick your own strawberries just opened so I'm off to pick tomorrow and then setting up the dryer. Sunday we are heading to the coast to bird and then head out on a boat Monday. Should be fun. We've done this particular boat thing before and the group is great.

Of course there's always gardening to do too. I still need to replant greens to replace the ones we ate!

Have a good Friday
Old 06-20-2008, 06:53 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I slept in until 6 today, probably because it's my ME day. There's even a bit of sunlight streaming in - and pointing out a spot on the buffet that Donna missed. Guess I can't complain - I'm lucky to have her. (I think I remember how to dust. )

Yes, it is a full moon day, Natalie's Mum. Definitely TGIF for you. I hope you can catch up on sleep this weekend.

Cottage, you did beat me to it as I was "otherwise engaged". My aunt used to use that euphemism when her DH was in the bathroom but I was actually doing MOD work on another site! I hope you can manage a nap for Maggie this afternoon - kids get so over-excited.

CyndiM, remember not to dry all those berries. Eat lots fresh! I plan to dry and freeze some in a week or two when we are in full production. I can't pick because of my knee (awkward) but always get a good deal on the pre-picked. It helps to be gardening friends with the farm owner. Your weekend sounds fun - summer's short so let's enjoy it.

In about an hour, my sister and I are outta here for a country tour which just happens to include three or four quilting shops! The great thing about quilting is that I can indulge my addiction to buying fabrics. Today is my ME day which I plan to stretch into tomorrow. I've been over-extended lately and just need this.

Nearly seven and I've yet to have breakfast. See you all later!
Old 06-20-2008, 07:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Natalie's Mom, I hope your day is an easy one. It's rough when you haven't had a good night's sleep. I just realized that today is the longest day of the year. The bright side is that we'll have plenty of sunshine! I hope you have a restful weekend.

Cyndi, I sure wished I lived closer to you, I'd love to be your hiking partner! I go hiking with my DD and her family as often as I can. We really enjoy letter-boxing, too. Have you ever done that?

Ruth, it sounds like you have a wonderful day planned! Make the most of your ME weekend, and enjoy it to the hilt!
Old 06-20-2008, 07:08 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Today is my ME day which I plan to stretch into tomorrow. I've been over-extended lately and just need this.
Woo hoo! Enjoy your days

I ate a whole quart of strawberries the other night (over 8 hours in my defense!) so no worries there! I tend to over indulge on the latest fresh produce. I miss it so much over the winter that I just can't get enough early in the season.

I made my first leather the other night. Very yummy
Old 06-20-2008, 07:15 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

hi gang

i'm at work today but i got here before 7 so i can leave at 4 and actually have time in...
Old 06-20-2008, 07:54 AM   #8  

Hi all,

I have been struggling to stay on program and busy so I haven't been around. I have a small victory in the skirt that I have on today. Maybe it will give me some motivation. The weekends are my downfall. I need to wrap my mind around staying on program at that time. I am happy with myself that if I do slip up that I get right back on the horse. And, any improvement on how I was eating is better!

I think my emotions and possibly some hormones have not been helping me in the craving area. Last night, I had to go to a parenting class for the divorce. (It is required to divorce if there are children involved.) On the way there I felt the pull of the "Hot Now" light. I got on the phone and chatted as I passed it up. Afterall, I didn't want the person on the phone to hear me in the drivethru.

Oh, and I have a question from earlier in the week. I did not pack enough snacks one morning b/c I was running behind. When it got to be the afternoon I was really feeling it. I knew that I needed to eat something. I ended up raiding my daughter's diaper bag and eating some cheerios. Do you think that it would have been better to avoid the forbidden food altogether or eat the cereal and keep your blood sugar up. (My diabetic mom's answer was of course eat the cereal) I usually feel like I am packing to eat for a week to go to work, but I like having choices during my day. LOL I'm set today though.

Well, I'm off to browse the recipes so I can go grocery shopping. Oh, and I need to go reread the SBD on a budget thread that I was reading earlier this week. There seemed to be some tips and I really need them!

Everyone have a good day!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:35 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

when i was in phase 1 and early phase 2 I overpacked for my day. A LOT. choices are good.

I've learned from reading the BECK DIET SOLUTION (a book that works in conjunction with whatever plan you follow) that HUNGER is not an emergency (unless it's a medical condition like diabetes or hypoglycemia) and at one time I would eat what was available if I was hungry. Now I wait till I'm home to eat beachy food.

or you can always carry nuts with you....
Old 06-20-2008, 08:38 AM   #10  
Determined to lose!

maybe some day I'll start seeing results. Nontheless, here i go again, starting over, again!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Second the nuts option...I keep a container in the car (and a bag of soy nuts too!)

This weekend, we're attempting camping (with a 3 and 5 year old!). Wish us luck! We just got our new tent...it's HUGE!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:41 AM   #12  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Mornin chickies its finally Friday.

Cottage enjoy your busy day

Ruth I hope you and your sister have the best time

djett I think you'll do just fine just regain your focus

as for me tonight is family dinner at Cheesecake factory and then the weekend is housework & church on Sunday.

See ya later!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:43 AM   #13  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
Second the nuts option...I keep a container in the car (and a bag of soy nuts too!)

This weekend, we're attempting camping (with a 3 and 5 year old!). Wish us luck! We just got our new tent...it's HUGE!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
oh good luck camping with the kids! have fun!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:45 AM   #14  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Hunger is an emergency when you're pregnant. I had a meltdown the other day because when I went to pop my popcorn the bag was slightly open and it wouldn't pop. PANIC!! Sorry, I don't mean to downplay the situation. I have the same problem normally with how much to pack. I feel like you should get to eat when you're hungry and that's the point of SBD. If a few Cheerios keeps you from stopping at McDonald's on the way home then eat them!!

Here I am this morning at almost 22 weeks! Sorry, it's hard to take a picture of yourself.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:50 AM   #15  
ONEderland here I come!

Jessie, there are three sexs... men women and PREGNANT... it's a totally different state of being...

you look beautiful.
Closed Thread