3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   have a few questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/143634-have-few-questions.html)

spryng 06-11-2008 04:48 PM

have a few questions

ok, first, is there a canned chili that is sbd friendly? I bought some Hormel Turkey Chili that is 98% ff it has 6 g of sugar per serving, would this be sbd friendly?

and are corn tortillas phase 2 appropriate?

Also I'm having the hardest time with bbq sauce and such, do your stores have sf bbq sauce or do you make your own? I'm really missing bbq chicken.. and one more..

ok, I see alot of people drinking V8's... are these just the tomotoe juices or the reg V8 because doesn't that have carrots in them which is not ok for p1?

alright, I think that is it for now, thanks! :)

cottagebythesea 06-11-2008 07:45 PM

The Hormel chili is a no-no, since it has 6 grams of sugar in it. Look for 3 grams or less of sugar. I'm not sure if there are any canned chilis that are SBD friendly, since I always make a big pot of homemade and freeze it in individual servings. We have some great chili recipes in our Phase 1 recipe section, if you are interested.

Corn tortillas are definitely out, since we aren't allowed corn or corn products.

You can use any BBQ sauce that has less than 3 grams of sugar. I like the Walden Farms BBQ sauce, and also the KC Masterpiece low sugar sauce.

The amount of carrots in the V-8 is low enough to be insignificant, so you may enjoy it on Phase 1.

spryng 06-11-2008 08:11 PM

we can't even have corn in p2? ok good to know, man I'm gonna miss my corn tortillas. Makes no sense that we can have ww tortillas but not corn when corn is healthier with a lower gi count.. but I'm going strict on the plan so I'll go with it..
great news on the bbq sauce!! I'll be buying some this week!! :) thank you!

spryng 06-11-2008 09:04 PM

ok so I did some more reading in my supercharged book and on phase 2 list it says to avoid or eat rarely and corn is on there.. so it's something I'll probably avoid. I'm feeling so good with this plan I wouldn't want to knock myself out it for corn, lol.. but it also says we can have sf ff pudding in p2! yippeeee!!! :)

hmacneil6 06-12-2008 09:30 AM

Yep.....Love the sf/ff pudding!!! It's a favorite in our house. I especially like to add fruit to it (lemon/blueberry, cheesecake/strawberry, chocolate/raspberry). Such a great after dinner treat AND it helps to get your dairy in.

Ruthxxx 06-12-2008 09:43 AM

Spryng, the GI count for corn tortillas is 68 with a GL of 8.16 but that for whole wheat tortillas is 30 with a GL of 6.2.

spryng 06-12-2008 12:15 PM

than you Ruth! that is good to know, I'll be staying away from them in p2 :) I don't know why I always thought they were healthier than flour or wheat tortillas.

ladybugnessa 06-12-2008 12:25 PM

what are the ingredients in the hormel chili. see the 6g of sugar could be from tomatoes... but i bet it has sugar added...

it's easy to make your own chili....