South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 05:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Humpday Happenings 5/14

Good morning!

It's shaping up to be another sunny and warm Spring day. I got a lot done outside yesterday, and plan to get some flowers planted this morning. Maggie and I are going to start getting their little vegetable garden planted this afternoon before we pick up Audrey, then ballet and tap lessons will take up the rest of the afternoon.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:56 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning! It is supposed to start raining here for a couple of days, but hopefully will be clear by this weekend. Going to a friend's art show on Saturday and hope it won't rain for the event.

Nothing great happening here. Had kind of a rotten day yesterday. My check from school is automatically deposited and someone screwed up badly and mailed it instead. (it should have been in the bank on friday) I did not realize it till I thought my stub I got in the mail yesterday was different than the one I usually get in the mail...then opened it to find a check. I beelined it to the bank to deposit, because I have bills that are automatically paid out of the account a couple of days after that money is supposed to be deposited. In the mean time, my house note, car note and everything we we did over the weekend went through yesterday and I had over 350 dollars in nsf fees. I was not a happy girl at all. The day pretty much sucked.

A new grocery store opened up last week. My big adventure for the day is going to be checking it out.

Last edited by femmecreole; 05-14-2008 at 06:08 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:07 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Grrr! Want me to sic my Hershey on the goofee, Cat? There's no excuse for that and, IMHO, you should be reimbursed for the NSF fees. I hope today is much better.

Cottage, I'm glad you are drying out and got some outside work done. I'm sure the girls will enjoy having their own veggie garden. Love of gardening is a lifelong passion.

Yesterday was another busy day and today will follow suit. This morning I have both Donny and Donna coming to do housework and yardwork. Donna's husband, Ted, is going to cut down some small scruffy trees that are infested with those darn tent caterpillars. I HOPE to get some more potting done and absolutely MUST get at the baking. Too bad I need sleep!

Have a great Wednesday!
Old 05-14-2008, 07:08 AM   #4  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Morning ladies!

Cottage -- sounds like a nice relaxing day...but packed full!! Enjoy the weather!

Cat -- that does sound like an all around horrible day! Hopefully today will be better. I do agree that they should reimburse the NSF charges since they made the mistake!!! Where is that new grocery store!? I'm so out of the loop...I swear, I know more about what's happening in Franklinton than I know about Hammond most times!

Ruth...sounds like you have a full day ahead!! Try and enjoy some of it!!

ME---nothing special going on...had to take my liberty to the shop at the beginning of the week and am driving around in my wrangler, that I might add has a gash in the top, so I usually just leave it down...so I"m hoping that the rain holds off until tonight when I get the liberty back!!! Other than that, nothing much really new going on this way!
Old 05-14-2008, 07:18 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Mandy, the new store is out towards the airport before you get to airport garden nursery. It's a Piggly Wiggly. So, we now have a grocery on our side of the tracks!! I'll let you know all about it. Hopefully they'll have a good produce section.

Looks like the rain is coming soon...better get the duct tape out.

Last edited by femmecreole; 05-14-2008 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:39 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Darn - sent off a long post with personals and updates and it disappeared in cyber space. I hate when that happens Oh well, now I don't have time to start over so I'll just have to and wish you all a good day
Old 05-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

morning gang

Cat, my husband's paycheck was deposited by us on Friday and YESTERDAY it was returned insufficient funds. WTF??? so now we're waiting for it to clear... the boss said the money is there... arrrghhh I feel your pain.

it's a beautiful sunny day here. I see the ortho at 11:45 for my Bakers Cyst. did i mention i have a Baker's cyst in my left leg?

i'm ok... getting some questions from others about how dare I count clean days when I ate a regular bagel on Sunday.... or too much fruit and nuts on saturday...

must be working offical weigh in this morning 218.2!
Old 05-14-2008, 08:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, just a quick buzz-by this morning. I am on my way out to Quantico and I need to go pack my food for the day. I've got cola chicken in the crockpot for tonight. And I'll get a stop in at Trader Joe's yippeee. Running low on some very important things...
Yeesh, lots of paycheck issues this morning. I'd better check and make sure mine got deposited okay! I did notice that my economic stimulus check went in last week.
Nessa, sounds like you have the refined flour police on your butt! Tell them to write you a ticket and buzz off.
Have a great hump day everyone!
Old 05-14-2008, 08:40 AM   #9  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hump day - Yes! that means I am closer to vacation

Cat that is horrible what you are going through. That happened to me a few times when I first started the job I have now so after that I never had direct deposit again that way if it don't go in I am the only one to blame. I hope it all works out for you. P.S. enjoy the piggly wiggly when I was growing up I use to love to go there just because of the name

Cyndi sorry you lost your post - I hate when that happens

Hi Cottage, Ruth, Mandy I hope you chicks have a great day

Nessa good luck at the doc

Schmoodle have a safe trip - the cola chicken is great so enjoy

Today is a busy day all over for me. Work as usual as tomorrow is the 15th and then this evening theres more packing and running around to do - is it Friday yet?
Old 05-14-2008, 08:48 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Cottage, you're killing me...I haven't started our veggie garden...our roto-tiller broke last year and is in the shop. But our rhubarb, raspberries, oregano, and thyme are all up and growing away! Plus we have all our seeds and plants ready to go. What are you going to plant?

Oh, Cat that's horrible!!! Can you talk to your school to see if they'll cover the fees? What an awful mistake!!! Hope you have a lot of fun today to make up for it!

"Too bad I need sleep"
Me too, Ruthie, me too! What do the tent caterpillars do? I've seen them in trees 'round here, but other than finding them fascinating, I've not thought much of them... So glad you have so much help! What do you have to bake? I made a double batch of cherry almond scones last night for my party. First time I've baked with agave nectar...so I'm holding my breath!

Hi, Mandy! Sounds like we need to do some "NO Rain dancing" for everyone, eh?

Hi, Cyndi! I hate it when that happens, too. I tend to highlight the whole batch and hit Ctrl and C (to copy it) before I try to post, so in case it gets lost, I have a copy. I know it's kind of obsessive, but I've lost too many posts and it drives me crazy!

Nessa, you encourage me so much...I want those weigh-ins, girl! (of course, you have to step on a scale to get a weigh-in...I'll have to keep relying on my nutritionist to tell me what's up ) Don't let other people bother you if you know what you're doing works for you. Okay? If you know you're fooling yourself or trying to sneak something in, it's helpful to have other people call you on it, but I know you're working really hard on this, so don't let it bother you, 'kay? So sorry about the check, that's absolutely awful!!!

Schmoodle!!! The "refined flour police," eh? Too funny! You are adorable. Stop at TJ's for me too, please? I need Bing cherries.

Hi, Gonna, simulposting! I love Piggly Wiggly too...DH's family lives a couple blocks away from one and they are truly wonderful stores, but the name is an added bonus! I remember hearing about it when my friends and I did a one-act play of Steel Magnolias, and we though the name was a joke!

Me:
I'm having a "vision board gathering" on Saturday--a chance for some friends and I to make vision boards a la The Secret, chat, get to know each other more, and eat, of course. I'm planning on a veggie tray, fruit platter, SBD-ized fruit tart (a la Martha...great recipe made for Passover, so it doesn't have refined flour), SBD-safe scones, and SBD-safe finger sandwiches (though I'll make some on white bread for the others that I just won't eat). I haven't decided on the fillings yet, but I think at least one will be smoked turkey, smoked gouda, and apple slices. One more might be curried chicken salad, and then another may be cucumber, but we'll see. Sounds like too much poultry... I don't like eggs or seafood, so I'm just not going to do the traditional egg salad or any kind of shrimp/crab thingy. My house, my rules!

I invited a ton of people and am happy some are coming, but a little worried because it's almost like one person from each group of friends...I hope they all get along!

It's my last week at work, so today I'm going to be trying to learn Word 2007 while the students are doing their finals. We'll see...

Off to the gym after work today, then home to do more party preparation!

Last edited by beachgal; 05-14-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:52 AM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies
ARG! I spent Monday night in the ER waiting for a DVT test (blood clots) turns out I have celulitis from a foot infection and I can't go to work till hopfully friday but I also can't do ANYTHING! grrrr. also screwed up 2 days of ph 1.5 so its back on the horse this AM.
Cottage enjoy this nice weather!
Cat that sucks about your check I hate overdraft fees when you now the money is/wouldbe there
Hi Mandy and Cyndi
Hey gonna where ya going?
Nessa Step away from the bagel! I'm starting beck today!
ok off to soak my potato foot!
Kierie
Old 05-14-2008, 08:54 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

wait i forgot schmoo! MMM TJ's can you get me some European style yogurt!
Laurie that's such a good idea having ppl over to make vision boards I wish my friends did stuff like that
ok now am going to soak!
K
Old 05-14-2008, 09:03 AM   #13  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO View Post
Hey Ladies
ARG! I spent Monday night in the ER waiting for a DVT test (blood clots) turns out I have celulitis from a foot infection and I can't go to work till hopfully friday but I also can't do ANYTHING! grrrr. also screwed up 2 days of ph 1.5 so its back on the horse this AM.
Cottage enjoy this nice weather!
Cat that sucks about your check I hate overdraft fees when you now the money is/wouldbe there
Hi Mandy and Cyndi
Hey gonna where ya going?
Nessa Step away from the bagel! I'm starting beck today!
ok off to soak my potato foot!
Kierie

I had the DIMMER test for blood clots last week... Celulitus is horrible... do exactly what they tell you keep that foot up!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:03 AM   #14  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Morning Laurie Steel Magnolias - the best ever

Hiya KO I am going to the keys. We leave on Friday afternoon and will be back on Monday (memorial day) and boy I can't wait!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:33 AM   #15  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Happy Hump Day, Ladies!
Cottage - Enjoy working on your garden with your girls. Good for you taking them to tap and ballet....I have such fond memories of dance classes as a little girl. I know they have a lot of fun!

Cat - That really sucks about your check. Did you explain to your bank what had happened? You might try that route, and, particularly if it's a one time offense, they might let it slide. Have fun at the new market, I love exploring new food places, it's so much fun!

Ruth - I swear you're one of the busiest ladies I know. You put my 35 year old butt to shame. I'm so impressed with how hard you work. Keep it up!

Mandy - Hears to keeping the rain at bay! Try to stay dry!

Cyndi - Same thing happened to me yesterday. I hope your day looks up from here!
Nessa - I hope things go well at the drs. today. I'm crossing my fingers for really good news for you!

Schmoodle - Have fun at Trader Joes. It's always an adventure in that store. I hope you find everything you need.

Gonnabe - Your trip to the keys is going to be so much fun. Did you ever get things sorted out with your mom? My hope for you is that the next couple of days fly by so that you're on your vacation in the blink of an eye!

Laurie - Your menu sounds fantastic. I think the sandwiches are all solid choices. Sounds like the meeting will be interesting to say the least. I'm intrigued to hear how it all turns out.

KO - Keep that foot up. The more you follow the drs. orders, the faster you'll be back up on your feet (no pun intended

Me - I was very proud of myself yesterday. After dinner last night I managed to get in 20 min. of cardio. I HATE working out in the evening, unless it's a joint activity w/ my dh. But i knew how important it was so I did it! Yeah me! However, this morning I was bummed because I usually do the 2 mile walk and sculpt WATP, but the on-demand program that I use to access the it had taken all of the WATP programs off. I ended up doing a Biggest Loser thing, but I miss my walk. Got a call last night that my friend finally had the baby. Good news is that it was a very short labor, surprising news....it wasn't a girl, as they had been told and planned for......it was a BOY! I'm stopping by after work to see him. I'm really happy for them. Today I'm spending at a conference at the Balboa Bay Club in Newport Beach. It's a beautiful venue, so today will be lovely! Last year they had some amazing salads for lunch, so I'm hoping the same is true today as well. I hope everyone has a fantastic Wednesday!
ENJOY!!!!
Closed Thread