3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Thursday On The Beach (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/141861-thursday-beach.html)

cottagebythesea 05-08-2008 05:52 AM

Thursday On The Beach

Warm and wet day on tap for us here. It's just as well, as I agreed to watch one of Maggie's classmates this afternoon, so they can keep each other occupied. Other than that, it'll be just another ordinary day.

hmacneil, I'm glad you're friend is doing well.

Stephanie, you and your DD are just beautiful! It was hard to tell just who was who!

ladybugnessa 05-08-2008 05:53 AM

ladies, i love all of you.. i just do not have it in me to do personals or anything else other than say hi.... my choice is to disappear on you again or just keep on waving....and wait this funk out. i'll wave...

have a good day.

CyndiM 05-08-2008 06:05 AM

:coffee2: Looks like our last nice day for quite awhile. What a weird spring.

Cottage - I hope the girls get a long well. Have a good day :)

Nessa - :hug: It's just nice to see you waving from over there.

Just another work day for me, though I wish I could play hooky!

And now for coffee!

cottagebythesea 05-08-2008 06:14 AM

Nessa, just hang in there, honey! You know we're all pulling for you! :hug:

Cyndi, enjoy your nice weather while it lasts! Coffee is tasting mighty good this morning! I'd love to play hooky today, too. It's the sort of day to just curl up on the couch all day with my book and a nap.

Well, I had planned to go to Curves, but I just went out on the sunporch and it's just pouring buckets! So I think I'll just stay in and do another WATP workout. I really enjoy them, anyway. I just put a pot of steelcut oats on to simmer with a handful of dried cranberries, cherries and apricots in it. That will be a nice breakfast to look forward to after my workout. :)

KO 05-08-2008 06:33 AM

I think I'll join Nessa in the waving! It's been a week since I'm back to work and while my demeanor is upbeat and positive. my stress eating and exhaustion is out of control. so that says whats REALLY going on! I can't really post at work
I'm going to be doing a little 1.5 hybrid and I'm reading BECK so hopefully it helps me get my head on Straight! ok Off to wake up DH!
Kierie

Natalie'sMom 05-08-2008 06:45 AM

Good morning ladies...I am a little sleepy...been up since 4 AM with the baby. I think she might be asleep finally, but my older daughter will be up within the hour...so I am not sure it is worth going back to bed.

Well, my great-aunt passed away yesterday. She was in her 90s, so she lived a nice, long life. The one good thing is that my grandma is coming in for the funeral and she hasn't met the baby yet. So, that'll be nice. But, it is going to be a busy weekend and probably lots of meals out, sitting shiva with food, etc. I just hope I can stay focused!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Playing hookey does sound nice -- though I guess I am since I am on maternity leave still! Ha, ha!

Schmoodle 05-08-2008 07:56 AM

Morning chicks, Happy Thursday!
Nessa, no disappearing! Fake it 'til you make it, right?
Hi Kierie, nice to see you back. Good luck with the Beck.
cottage, have fun with the girls today.
Nat'smom - sorry about your great aunt. Hope you have a nice visit with your grandma though.

Yesterday was play day so today I feel a little guilty and need to get back to it. I am also going to work on getting things in order for the weekend. It's gray here too, but no rain so far. Oh, and tonight is survivor! Have a good one chicks.

Ruthxxx 05-08-2008 08:05 AM

Quickie but Meowee and I have had coffee. We are going to do a wee tour later this morning and maybe take in a quilt shop later. Hershey is in love with my house guest.

Everything is gorgeous out there this morning after a big rain yesterday. The sun is blazing down and drying up the puddles but it's way too wet for gardening. A day off! Yippee!

little chick 05-08-2008 08:15 AM

Good Morning chicks... I am so tired this morning. I had two hours sleep, I was up coughing all night. And it is going to rain here today as well, so I wish I could curl up with a good book and a nap. I can't even go to bed early tonight as I have a double dance class. I hope I make it. Went to TOPS last night and not good. But I knew it would not be, so I am back on track today and ready even though sleepy to detox I really need it.

Cottage- hope the girls have fun inside. I am thinking we will be doing something crafty today and later a movie.

Nessa- Hang in honey, just keep on waving. You will get through this slump. Sending you big hugs.:hug:

Cindy- Have a great day. I wish I could play hookey as well. :dizzy:

KO-Hope you have a great day.

Natalie'sMom- So sorry to hear about your great aunts passing. I was just going to bed when you were getting up. Hope you get a little nap in today. And it will be nice for your grandmother to meet your new baby.

Schmoodle- hope your play day was a great one. You should not feel guilty you are a hard worker. I am going to have to tape surviour as I won't be home in time from dance class. Wonder who will get voted out tonight. I really don't have a favorite this time.

Me- still sick, still tired. But I do need to plan my Mothers day meal plan. I am having my sister and her boyfriend and her dd and his dd, my brother his wife and their two girls and my mom and her other half as well as my family for a bque on sunday. And I want to have a healthy meal. Plus I got a new patio set for Mothers day from dh and the girls which is still in the box in my car I can't wait to get it set up. I have wanted one since we moved here 13 years ago. I am so excited.

Well must dash have a great day chicks.

little chick 05-08-2008 08:16 AM

Morning Ruth, enjoy your day. I hope that if you are having sunshine today then we will tomorrow.

TwynnB 05-08-2008 08:18 AM

Good morning ladies!

It's a beautiful spring morning here (central PA) but maybe my view is skewed since they told me I can go in late to work?!?!

And this SBD (I realized this morning...that used to mean "silent but deadly when we were little, right?) is going okay....on day 4 now. Lost "2.6" lb so far. I'm stunned I passed by the free pizza at work, ignored the chips my friend was eating, ate out at lunch with a friend yesterday (and still lost 1/2 lb!!), and ....am drinking coffee WITHOUT sugar!?!? (I think splenda gives me a headache) What's up with that?!?! I'm kinda proud of myself!!

I really enjoy watching conversations here...great support!

tkglenn 05-08-2008 08:33 AM

good morning ladies. just a quick pass through. On my way to take the boys to school and will be back in alittle.

Kim_Star060404 05-08-2008 08:55 AM

TGIF is almost here, ladies!! Wahoo!

Cottage: Thanks for starting us up! I wish we were waking up to a downpour like you are, but that's okay - it means I can workout outside today. Enjoy WATP :running:! I really love those workouts, too.

Nessa: :wave: and :hug: to you! Stay strong and don't forget that, even when you're in a funk, you're an inspiration to all of us!!

Cyndi: I'll enjoy some coffee and playing hookie with you! We should go shoe shopping!! :lol: Have a good day!

Kierie: :wave: and :hug: to you, too! I hope you get some relief from stress and exhaustion soon!

Natalie'sMom: Sorry to hear about your great aunt, but it is wonderful that your grandma is going to be able to see her great-granddaughter. Good luck with the busy weekend...we're here for you! :hug:

Schmoodle: Hiya! Have a great day, oh, and can you put things in order for my weekend as well? ;) I'm swamped!! Have a good day!

Ruth: Sounds like you're really enjoying your time with Meowee, Hershey too! Have a wonderful day today!

LC: Awww, I hope you feel better soon. It's great that you got a new patio set...13 years is quite a while to wait, but it'll make it worth it! Hope you feel better and get some rest!

TwynnB: I don't think we've "met" yet. I look forward to getting to know you. Hope you enjoy your late day and congrats on your loss on SB so far!

:wave:, TK! Have a nice day!

Me: Well, yesterday was another completely clean day. Five in a row for me is unheard of! I'm really feeling great and on day 6 of P1, I'm sitting at a 5 lb loss! I'll wait until official W-I on Sat. to change the ole ticker.

Tonight I have a big Avon order to get out, plus some laundry and a workout. Should be a pretty leisurely evening. Well, got to get off to work...hope everyone to come has a great day!

~Kim

Kim_Star060404 05-08-2008 08:56 AM

Stephanie: You are both so pretty! Your DD looked so nice and classy for her prom - kuddos to you for raising a great kid!

Laurie: Thank you so much! I hope you have a great day!!

GONNABE165 05-08-2008 09:16 AM

Morning chickies!

Nessa you can't leave us so just keep waving as you go by - we understand

Cottage your breakfast sounds great - enjoy

Natsmom :hug: I am sorry for your loss

Schmoodle everyone needs a play day every now and then it helps keep us sane so don't feel guilty

Ruth it sounds like you and meowee are having a good visit

LC :getwell:

TwynnB your doing good - keep up the great work

Kim you sure do keep a busy schedule. How did the finals go?

Hope I didn't forget anyone.

I finally added pics to my one year thread I started - they are the only ones I was able to get loaded - be sure to check them out if you get a chance.