South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 06:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Humpday Chat

Morning everyone, waiting for me?

It felt so good just lying in bed with the windows open, listening to the birds. I decided to just enjoy it. I think I'm going to skip Curves this morning and just do the 4 mile WATP instead. I have a load of laundry going already, and am planning on taking my breakfast out on the patio. It's supposed to get into the 80s today!

BTW, the turkey meatloaf w/ mushrooms and white beans from the new book is fabulous!

What's everyone doing today?
Old 05-07-2008, 06:36 AM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

hello sweet Cottage... enjoy your day

I'm at work. I have a 4 pm appt with the trainer. yoga was good last night.

official weigh in today has me up .4 to 220 even. i'll live.

feeling out of sorts and disconnected from many things.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:39 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, enjoy your day of beautiful weather and your walk!! Weather makes such a difference in how we feel. It is gorgeous here too..also will be in the 80's today.

I posted this on the "what's for dinner" thread, but wanted to tell ya'll here about it. I ordered a non stick grill basket for my outdoor grill and we used it last night. Threw some vegs on first, then when they were done, threw some shrimp on. We both flipped over how yummy it all was and just one pan to clean that washed up very quickly. I think we are going to be using this baby a lot!

Then, for a snack yesterday evening, we ate some tuna salad on Mary's Gone Crackers. I think a serving of the crackers is 13 and 6 or 7 of them with the tuna on top was very filling and yummy.

Nothing fun happening here today, but I did get a lead on a dream teaching job that I am pursuing for the fall...now I have to talk to "all the right people" to land it. Got my foot kind of in the door yesterday, but have more folks to talk to about it.

Nessa, we were posting at the same time. Hope your day gets better. Maybe more yoga today????

Last edited by femmecreole; 05-07-2008 at 06:41 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:01 AM   #4  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies!

Cottage -- What is WATP? Sounds interesting.

Nessa -- Sorry you are out of sorts, I have those days too.

Femme -- Good luck! What do you teach?

No big plans here today...I plan to take the baby for a walk -- maybe at the mall if it rains. I have some returns to do. And my mom got back last night from a week-long girls trip to mexico, so I hope to see her today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 05-07-2008, 07:01 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Cottage - I often do wait for you in the morning. My brain wakes up slowly and I'm just not creative enough to get things started, at least not until a couple of cups. I love the birds in the morning but I do wish they would wait until 5:30 instead of 4:30!

Nessa - Can you get out into the sun today? Wish I could send you some virtual bath salts and a few hours of pampering just for you.

Cat - I have one of those baskets but it doesn't fit into my new, easy grill. I broke down and bought a gas grill a couple of years ago and love it. After years of fussing with mushrooms on skewers I realized I can toss them in a bowl with some lf balsamic vinaigrette and then toss the whole things right onto the grill. Works great and is so easy! I'm also addicted to eggplant slices just sprayed with oo and grilled on both sides. My mom can't get used to that one because I grew up hating eggplant. Oops I've been side-tracked by grilling!
The dream job possibility sounds wonderful.

I've got a lopsided day today. A late meeting will keep me out until 9:30ish. I don't have to go in until noon so that helps a very little bit. I have to think like Cottage and plan my exercise this morning

I'm back on plan again happily and this morning the scale responded by moving a little (finally!). I'd like to be at goal when I leave for Maine in a little less than two weeks. I think I will actually use that goal number as my redline and drop another 5. Speaking of Maine - I'm going to try the egg muffins so I have an easy breakfast. Anyone have recommendations for salads you especially like?

Okay, gotta get motivated and get moving Have a good day!
Old 05-07-2008, 07:03 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Natalie'sMom - We were posting at the same time Have a good day. I love WATP, discovered it on these boards. They are in home walking programs with a variety of levels. I used them a lot when I first started. I especially like the Walk Strong DVD because it mixes some weight work in.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:11 AM   #7  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Mornin ladies!!

Cottage -- enjoy the beautiful weather...breakfast out on the patio sounds amazing!!

Nessa....4 pounds could come from anywhere....hope today is better than yesterday for you!!

Cat...good luck with the teaching position....my fingers are crossed for ya!!! That grill basket sounds like it would be very handy to have around...might have to go get one myself!!

ME....I was hoping that today would be better than yesterday, but so far I've overslept because I didn't set my alarm, and honestly at this point, I don't care!! Yesterday morning I got up, got in my Liberty and got on the road. Almost to the interstate and realized that my trans/emissions light was on. Seeing as I drive 100 miles/day, I didn't want to risk it so I turned around and came home to get the wrangler. No biggie, Then I get in the Wrangler, and it died in the driveway and took a minute to restart....but all was well with it and it carried me to work just fine. Tooling down the road to work and look at my inspection sticker....Yep...it expired in March....no biggie, I'll go get one on my lunch break and just hope I don't get a ticket between now and then. Well, I pull up to the place...get out my insurance and registration.....the freakin registration was expired!!!!! That was a reminder of a lazy no good ex that I specifically remember handing it to him and asking him to put it in the wrangler.....Lord knows what he did with it. Work was another drama filled day....our regional manager is coming today and will hopefully be receptive to everything the team has to say. It's really sad when ONE person on the team of seven can ruin things for everyone else with her immature and innapropriate behavior. Yesterday patients were dropping like hotcakes...did so many "dead" man lifts yesterday that I was impressed with myself for not hurting myself and for having the upper body strength to do it!!! I guess the gym really is working?!? haha... Then come home to search for the registration for the Wrangler...it's no where to be found....then here comes the headache. Oh...and my doctor called me yesterday with results from bloodwork and she wants me to take at trial of Metformin....but I told her I was going to wait until I came back from Alaska to start taking it. I HATE taking medicine.

SO....I"ve decided that even though I forgot to set the alarm, today WILL be a better day!! Going to the DMV at lunch to get a new registration (hopefully) and then get the inspection sticker. Then after work taking the Liberty to a mechanic to find out what's wrong with it. And if I get home early enough I"m going work out in the yard. Get some "dirt" therapy!! haha

WOW...sorry for the rant ladies.....had to get it out!!

Happy Wednesday!!!!

Last edited by mandyleigh; 05-07-2008 at 07:20 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:13 AM   #8  
jeep girl

Mornin Nataliesmom and cyndi....we were posting at the same time! Happy Wednesday!
Old 05-07-2008, 07:21 AM   #9  
jeep girl

Maybe I was wrong.....woke up late, and the dogs dug up and chewed up a hibiscus tree.....
Old 05-07-2008, 08:01 AM   #10  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Mandy...don't know if you know this or not, but there is going to be a Culinary Superstore opening out towards the airport...maybe this summer. Alacks and another store in N.O. are merging. It will be a big warehouse/showroom filled with restaurant supplies. Could be a very dangerous place for me to go armed with a debit card.

Nat's mom...right now I teach 1/2 day computer lab...I have 300 kindergardeners...5 classes a day and they come in every 3 days (I also have a web design business and work from home in the afternoons and evenings) I used to teach "regular" kindergarden and have also taught 1st, 5th and 6th grades. I want to give up the business cause I have very little time off and usually work 7 days a week unless I have a slow day, which isn't very often. I would love to get back into a "regular" classroom.

Last edited by femmecreole; 05-07-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks, I am back and survived my couple of weeks from ****. Still lots to do but at a more sane pace hopefully. I have stuck on plan pretty well, at least the last two days have been clean.
I was planning to take today off, but I've got some loose ends to tie up this morning and then I will take the rest of the day. I'm meeting a friend for lunch and some shopping. Of course I made myself a big to-do list so it won't really be a day for relaxing, but I plan to have all my cleaning and laundry done by Friday and no work this weekend, and I have decided I will have a weekend of only fun things. I just need to decide what I want to do...

Nessa, I am sorry you're in a funk today.
Cottage, thanks for the recipe review. That sounds like one I'll need to try.
Cat, good luck with the job hunt!
Hi Nat's Mom! I am another WATP fan. They are a great workout and you don't need much room.
Cyndi, I am jealous of your Maine trip. We lived in Portland for a couple of years when DH was in school and I loved it. Except the winter was too long. And the water was too cold for swimming in the summer. Other than that it's a great place! Very nice people up there.
hi mandyleigh, hope today goes better for you.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:19 AM   #12  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

good morning. nothing much going on here. Extremely tired today. I don't know what Leo's problem has been the past few days but we've been getting into fights left and right for the past 3 days. I am so irritated and frustrated. DS2 came home from school yesterday with a fever so he can't go to school today. He has ADHD and asthma so it makes my day alittle rough. I was planning on doing alittle grocery shopping but I guess not. It's hard to do anything with him. Maybe I'll go when his meds had kicked in. He's extremely calm when his meds work. DS1 had a cinco de mayo performance monday night and they are doing it again at the school this morning for the 5th graders. I'm potty training DD and it's going fairly well. DS3 is sick. I think he has asthma but the doctor says that he doesn't. I think he does. She says it's RAD (reactive airway disease) which she doesn't consider asthma. But he gets breathing problems the same way and same time as DS 2 when he has breathing problems. Well, I better get going. Need to get DS1 ready for school. Will be back later.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:51 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Cottage: enjoy the beautiful day It's supposed to be 70's here. Its nice to be warm again after that chili spell!!

Nessa: your life sounds really crazy right now. I'm sorry. I hope you get to calm down in a day or 2

Femme: I've seen those baskets at Wegmen's.. I was wondering if they work. how much was yours online, if you don't mind me asking? I'd like to compare it to the price at Wegmen's..

nat's mom: enjoy the walk. I hope you see your mom too. Sounds like you miss her.

Cyndi: sounds like you're busy..congrats to being back on plan!! Those last few pounds are always hard.. Keep it up. Where are you going in Maine? I've been to Portland and Peaks Island... Its beautiful over there!!!

Mandy: sorry about the hibiscus tree... that's gotta stink. Were you able to replant it? Sometimes rants are a necessity.. sounds like you've had a CRAZY couple of days!! I hope today gets better..

Schmoo: Sounds like a good plan to get everything done before the weekend. I am never done. LOL. Enjoy lunch and shopping with your friend.

TK: WOW... I'm sorry for your crazy days.. You're going through a lot. I hope you are able to take a few moments for yourself and relax a little. It seems there is something going on with each of your children.. hang in there

Me: Lots of crazy days and mishaps going on!! Me I'll be doing a 4mile WATP. I did the 3 mile yesterday. I ordered one of those waist belts off Ebay last night. We'll see how that works I have cookies to make. I'm making Oatmeal. They're all SBD except for the Raisins. But I couldn't find any dried fruit that hadn't been sweetened at the store I went to other than raisins. At least the sugar in them is natural... there won't be much anyways.. Then the lunch "party" and then off work with DH!!!
I'll be a busy chickie.. but nothing crazy
Old 05-07-2008, 08:54 AM   #14  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning! It's Wednesday which means we are getting even closer to the weekend.

Cottage thanks for the heads up on the recipe. Do you think it will be good even if we don't use mushrooms?

Nessa I hope you get back into the groove again - I hate hearing you are out of sorts

Cat thanks for the grill basket idea - I'm thinkin it makes a good fathers day gift for dh as he loves to use his grill

Schmoodle glad you survived. Good luck and getting everything done.

Hello to all the other chicks I hope you have a great day

I just found out this morning that a whole foods store will be opening up not to far from me is this a good place to shop?
Old 05-07-2008, 09:30 AM   #15  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Morning ladies....unfortunately I did a longer workout (great strength training and sculpting), but I'll have to leave soon to get ready to go to work.
Tonight is Open House, so I will leave today at 7:10 and won't get home until 8:30. It's a long day. And we got some terrible news yesterday, and I won't know the extent until I get to work, but one of my co-workers, who just had a baby last week, had to go in to the hospital for an emergency hysterectomy. When she got to the hospital, she had already lost so much blood that they called the family and told them to come to the hospital immediately because they weren't sure if she'd make it. I'm so concerned about the family (3 little ones under the age of 6). Even if it went well, and she pulled through, I know it'll be a long recovery. I'm really praying that I don't find out when I get to work that she didn't pull through. If you're a praying person, send some prayers out for Kia and her family.

Thanks!
Closed Thread