3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Happy Day, Happy Day (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/141637-happy-day-happy-day.html)

bkstitch 05-05-2008 12:59 PM

Happy Day, Happy Day

I have restarted my SB diet today. I was doing very well last year, and really fell off the wagon. I am determined to do it this time. My question is does anyone subscribe to the SB site on the internet? I am doing the week trail. I like it, but if you followed what to eat and all the shopping list, you would spend alot each week. What does anyone else think? How do you all make up your list for the store? Wish me luck.

hmacneil6 05-05-2008 01:30 PM

I know a lot of us have found all that we need here as far as SBD info goes. And there are so many good ideas and recipes here as far as what to eat that I use this site as my reference.
As far as eatting goes, I make up a weekly menu, including snack, and then shop accordingly. I always make sure that I have at least 5 servings of veggies, 2 dairy, and 3 protien a day. And then I fill in as needed. I'm now on p2, so I also try to get in a couple fruit servings once a week. I'm trying out grains this week as well. It's mostly just a matter of figuring out what works best for you.

Congrats on getting back on the wagon. Great job!

Schmoodle 05-05-2008 01:32 PM

Hi bk, and welcome back.
I've never used the official website. I think I find everything I need right here.
I make my menus up each week before I go shopping. They are based on what I already have on hand and what's on sale. I would never be able to stick to a plan where everything I ate was decided in advance for me. I like to use stuff that is on sale and/or in season, and I like to eat the things I like! But some people do find that they like having it all planned for them. It's really whatever works for you. Good luck!

murphmitch 05-05-2008 01:44 PM

I subscribe to the SBD daily newletter that is e-mailed to me. It offers tidbits, recipes, but mostly advertises subscribing to their website, which I do not do. I must have signed up for the newsletter when perusing their website. I have always had all my questions answered very well on this forum. The recipe sections are great. I have a whole folder of recipes I have downloaded from here that my family loves! Also the thread here about what's for dinner gives me ideas.

tdiprincess 05-05-2008 05:34 PM

I'm with everybody else. I shop according to my meal plans. also, because its DH and I, on Tuesdays, I make something big..usually I get the recipe off here.. and then make it. Then there's leftovers for the rest of the week. That way when I'm in a pinch, I can also heat up some leftovers and cut up some veggies.
But, its all in what you like :) And congrats on getting back on the wagon :D

mommamurray 05-06-2008 10:31 AM

I agree.. this site really gives you so much... and its freeeeeeeeee..