South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 09:06 AM   #16  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

I forgot to mention, our puppy died on Saturday morning. I am so sad about it. He died of parvo. He was only 3 months old. I'm still really really sad about it. Leo says that we may not get any more dogs (we'll still breed, but wait for awhile before we do) because it's just too heartbreaking when they get sick like this. My heart is just aching for our puppy. He was so good. I got my cakes done this weekend but I didn't take a picture of one of them because it just didn't come out very nice. It looked horrible, not worth taking a picture. I was very disappointed in myself about it. But I did take a picture of the other one. That one came out ok because it was very simple. Why is it that I exercised last week and didn't eat bad but I can't seem to move the scale. I'm getting frustrated with it. I don't know if the workout video I'm doing is actually doing any good. I use the turbo jam lower body workout. It's TOM but still. I'm getting so frustrated with it.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:11 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all. I'm just jumping in to say hi and then off I go.. I'll be in later on to catch up on the personals
Old 05-05-2008, 09:25 AM   #18  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Happy Cinco De Mayo, my chickies!!!

Cottage - Your lasagna sounds wonderful, I might have to give that a try some Sunday dinner.

Nessa - Enjoy your Monday. I love days off like that, I always feel so accomplished at the end of the day.

Cat - You have such the life!!! What's the book that you're working on? Is a a photo study? Would love to here more.

Nat's Mom - Good luck at the scale today!!! I hope the number is a happy one.

tk - Glad to hear that things are better at home. I hope the week goes well for you. That's so sad about your puppy. Hang in there. This week will be good!!!!

Ruth - MORNIN'!!!!

Mandyleigh - I sometimes go into work early for that exact reason. It's amazing what I can accomplish when no one's there to bother me. Enjoy your drink tonight!

Schmoodle - Good for you that you're clothes are falling off! Enjoy going out and getting new stuff! You've earned it!

Laurie - Hope you're feeling better by now. Vertigo is not a fun symptom. If it continues, be sure to get yourself checked out.

Princess - HI!

Me - So my scrapping party was a success yesterday. I'm ending up with over $120 in free stuff!!!! SO FUN! I ended up making Schmoodle's Salmon Pate' (SO GOOD!!!) w/ crackers, mini crustless quiches w/ canadian bacon, mushrooms, & shallots, Veggies w/ hummus & light cheese spread, and Strawberries w/ fruit dip (ff cool whip & sf lemon yogurt). All of the food went over really well. This week is staff appreciation week at school/work. We're doing stuff all week long to let the staff at the school know that they are appreciated. Today they're getting flavored creamers and good tea and these wonderful coffee cakes. I've already told myself to steer clear, and I've got a yummy breakfast for me (breakfast turkey stack). I'm going to be good! Tonight I think I"m going to do some laundry. So that's it for now, have a good Monday, ladies!
ENJOY!
Old 05-05-2008, 09:47 AM   #19  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Heather...it's not a book I'm working on. One of my design clients is a publisher and they are publishing a book with a "bayou theme" and are looking for a shot for the cover. They used a lot of my pics on their site and told me to submit some for this new book cover.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Just a quick fly-by for me.

Had DD's Communion Party yesterday - lots of frenzied activity, party food and little sleep. I didn't get my jog in yesterday as I was just TOO TIRED and achey after all the cleaning and scrubbing on Saturday. Today didn't get my early jog in, but might get out for a walk with my kids later. Hope to, at least. Still a lot of clean-up to do after the party.

Talk to y'all later.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #21  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I'm so sorry about the puppy, TK. Was he too young for the parvo shot? Do your other dogs have their parvo vaccines up to date? What an awful thing to happen. As for the weight, it's TOM, hon. If you're getting cramps and don't usually suffer them, it would make sense if you gained a lot of water, too. Give it a week. I know it's frustrating, though.

Sounds like you're doing a great job, Heather! I envy you all the free scrapping stuff! Your party food sounds fantastic!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:12 AM   #22  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies, another busy day at work

Cat loved the pictures, that was an adventure you had for sure!!

Everyone have a great day.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:17 AM   #23  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

tk - sorry about the cramps but yay for dh's meds. I hope they make your life (and his!) a little easier. Also, sorry to hear about the puppy. What is parvo?

Cat - What an adventure!

Schmoo - nothing is better than a pair of pants that at one time fit well, and now are too big

DH canceled class today, but ended up having to go in to give a makeup exam. Oh well...gives me some time to get my home blessing done.

I want to do that hike again today, it was really fun and it's drier today. Maybe I can talk DH into a picnic afterwards. today is library day as well as errand day. I need to go to Men's Warehouse to pick up a sportcoat and a pair of pants that DH had tailored.

Last edited by zeffryn; 05-05-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:29 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone! Another fly-by for me. P1 is going well - starting it on Saturday was DEFINITELY better than starting on Monday. I was in a bit of a funk yesterday but managed to come out with my only cheat being 2 extra SF Fudgesicles. Not too bad.

Back at work today with snacks packed...boss man is out so I'm dealing with the brunt of the appraisal animosity. Not fun, but the day has to end sometime!!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #25  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

I just thought I'd pop back in and report about the scale...I was down 6 pounds this week -- yay! That was my first week of Phase 1 -- I am so excited. I know it's a lot of water, but hey, it is still motivating and exciting. And the lowest number I've seen in about a year! I am down 35 pounds since my delivery weight, seven weeks ago -- woo hoo!
Old 05-05-2008, 11:11 AM   #26  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

beachgal-we were up to date on his shots but still managed to get it. We were told to give the shots every 4 weeks but the vet that I took him to said that it needs to be every 3 weeks, not 4. My other two dogs are 1 year old and 3 years old. He said that they are pretty much clear because they are older dogs. They only had one set of shots because that's what we were told. Then this vet told us that they are supposed to get it every 3 weeks till they are about 5 months old. Well, we didn't know that. The vet said that he was doing really good on friday and ready to go home saturday (he was in the hospital for the treatment for parvo) and when he came in on saturday the puppy was dead. He said that the disease probably got to his heart and basically died of a heart attack.

zeffry-parvo is a really bad virus that dogs get and it can be fatal. Not all dogs die from it, some do and some don't. It's a virus so really there's no antibiotics that can get rid of it, it's up to the dog to heal or not. Unfortunetely chesty didn't make it.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:27 AM   #27  
Heather-Nic

Cat - Just got through your pictures. You're quite the artist. Thank you for sharing! That's so neat that one of them might be used for a book cover. You should be pleased with yourself.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:10 PM   #28  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon chicks! It's been a busy Monday for me. Had to go to a company lunch and still trying toget lots done as vacation will be here soon.

TK sorry about the furbaby

Cat your pics are great

Kim is that you in your avatar pic - your too cute

Hope you all are having a great day!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:49 PM   #29  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

a real quickie chicks, just want to pop in and say hello. Things have been crazy here since friday as we have flooded. I have a ton of pics I will post later. I had about a foot of water in my basement. ( not finshed) we have three pumps going to keep the water out. And on top of it all I am so sick with this awful cold. I have not slept well for 4 nights. Well I got to dash as I have a meeting to go to tonight, I will try to post more often this week.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:52 PM   #30  
Heather-Nic

L/c - Hang in there! Sending prayers your way.
Closed Thread