South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #1  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Default Another thing I like about South Beach!

Again I am new to this.. so I feel like every day is an epiphany....

Another thing I like about South Beach is the side effects from cheating! Complete lethargy and the sense of "not being able to lift my head up off my desk"... Is one more motivating factor to NOT CHEAT/eat simple carbs.

Does anyone else find this to be true???

Last edited by Marathon Mom; 04-25-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:55 PM   #2  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

Cheating does make me tired. If I cheat with something with sugar in it I get a huuuuge stomach ache, which I don't mind because it is a great discipline tool lol. Last weekend I had 2 little S'mores that my little sister made when I was visiting my mother and for about 2 hours after that my stomach hurt. They are good but not worth the pain.
JerseyGirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:05 PM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Not pleasant, but I ate a brownie last week and spent some quality minutes heaving in the potty. First brownie I'd had in a year and definately NOT worth it.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/?/150

Height: 5'4"

Not only do I feel icky from them...some of them will affect my "IBS" issues and I will feel REALLY icky!
frustratedieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:09 PM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Mom View Post
Again I am new to this.. so I feel like every day is an epiphany....

Another thing I like about South Beach is the side effects from cheating! Complete lethargy and the sense of "not being able to lift my head up off my desk"... Is one more motivating factor to NOT CHEAT/eat simple carbs.

Does anyone else find this to be true???
I call it a "carb hangover". Quite unpleasant.

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/140/125

Height: 5'4''

I totally agree...I love how sensitive this diet has made me to the negative effects of simple carbs.
mary83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:48 PM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

for me now.. i'm so sensitve to the smell of stuff I can just SMELL the cookies and it's satisfying....
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:06 PM   #8  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
for me now.. i'm so sensitve to the smell of stuff I can just SMELL the cookies and it's satisfying....
I totally agree. People I work with ask me how I can resist yummy food. I'm in charge of birthday potlucks that I organize monthly. I tell them that I'm able to bake and make high calorie stuff and I'm not tempted to eat them (most of the time). I do enjoy the aromas. I'm also usually quite satisfied with what I'm eating on South Beach.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:38 AM   #9  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Because it is the most loving thing I can do for me and my DH

I like knowing that it is something that I can do for the rest of my life. There is no beginning middle or end. I make the same food for my DH, as is suggested in the book. Not because I am "mean" but because this is a good way to eat for myself and my loved ones.

I made a Splenda-sweetened chocolate cake the other day and my DH could barely wait to try it. It is as close to stress free dieting as I have ever experienced.

I am not putting a spotlight on me in public by carrying around my carefully cut up carrot sticks or wistfully telling everyone that I am on a diet. I just eat healthy these days. I have decided that I will let my clothes and how my figure is resuming its old shape to tell "my story".

When I set out "treats" for friends of my DH this past weekend after they had finished helping us move our stuff, it was healthy "snack" food. Ice cold bottled water. Oatmeal bars. Fresh fruit. They didn't say, "Hey, what's this stuff?" I told my DH that 1) I didn't want to buy something that if there were leftovers I would mind having around here. 2) If this is a good way for me and DH to eat, why give our friends (whom we claim to care about) junk food? Are they "junk" friends? Of course not!

Sometimes, I have to remind myself that I am on a diet. It just really is common sense kind of eating. I wonder if he would have titled his book "The Common Sense Approach to Eating", if it would have sold. Hmmm???

Last edited by pamatga; 04-26-2008 at 05:40 AM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:24 PM   #10  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamatga View Post
Sometimes, I have to remind myself that I am on a diet.
You know, this is so true. This just doesn't feel like a diet. It feels like treating myself by eating good food that's good for me. I'm not feeling deprived at all.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #11  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I've totally fallen off the wagon these past few days....I've felt pretty icky. I definitely need to get back on and feel energized again!
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:22 AM   #12  
South Beacher

Height: 4'10

Zeffryn-so did me and DH and we felt absolutely HORRIBLE!! That is a good incentive to get started back!
nellagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: [url=http://www.TickerFactory.

im so glad to here that you all get sick from eating bad carbs i thought it was just me .
But i was funny the other day i went out with friends and we were driving and i was smelling something nasty like old cheese or something one of my friends opened a bag of doritoz which i loved and i was feeling so happy that i found it to be nasty i guess i kicked my doritoz habit !
blondywants2bethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:12 AM   #14  

I most definitely feel bad effects from eating "not wise" carbs, especially if I make the decision to indulge in white flour carbs. I don't have to worry about dealing with guilt, because I feel really bad physically, a few hours later. The thing I notice after indulging in not good carbs, is that my potty breaks are less frequent, since all the water if staying inside to deal with the refined carb processing. Yuck
purcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:17 AM   #15  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
Nessa!!! That is so funny that you say that... The other night at the baseball game my daughter was sitting on my lap eating icecream... I wasn't craving it in the least bit.. but I smelled it on her breath and that's all I needed...

This SBD is amazing to me... My cravings are near zero and I am satsfied with my choices!!!
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote