South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 10:27 AM   #31  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

This going to be really short so GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!

Off to church soon. Then Rich (dh) & I are headed to brunch at a new restaurant that Rich reviewed last month. I've already looked at the menu and know that I'm getting the fritatta de la casa, no potatoes, and hopefully some sliced tomatoes. YUM! Then I have a conference to get to out in the desert, which led me to picking up 2 soldiers at the USO to take them to the 29 Palms MC Base. It should be interesting. I will be off the boards for a couple of days. Send me some good wishes as I do my best to say OP.
And check it out.....first mini-goal met!!!!!

YEAH ME!!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 11:17 AM   #32  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Old hen checking in. It was a scorcher in L.A. yesterday and is supposed to get back up to almost 100 degrees again today, and me with no air conditioner. Ykes. Gotta get another fan in the house. As soon as I get bills paid, I'll get a repairman out to fix the window air conditioner if it is fixable, or get a new one if I have to. I can't stand this heat for the summer especially since I no longer work and am home most of the time.

Good news - SB is working for me - with thyroid and pre-diabetes - Yay. I dropped 2.2 lbs. last night. So my total loss since I started LC a month ago, is around 9 lbs. Hope I can keep this up. I might actually get down to a normal size in my lifetime again.

I drove the 80 miles to the game yesterday. It was in the high desert - Lancaster, for those who know the L.A. area - I was dreading sitting in the heat, but it was actually about 15 degrees cooler than L.A., and I felt almost chilled. Unfortunately, our team lost 1-0 - our goalie got distracted when one of our players passed the ball to him and it went right by him into the net so the opposing team got the point. It was a hard-fought game - pretty evenly played - but our forwards just couldn't get the ball in the net. Oh well, we go back and do it again on the same fields next weekend. If they win on Saturday, they play again on Sunday. I love U-16 boys soccer - very exciting. Six of us went for lunch and I had a big salad and a good time with the kids.

Today is a kick-back day - I need to get some watering done before everything gets cooked. Weather supposed to cool down into the 60's by Wednesday. That will be a great change for me.

I hope everyone has a nice day.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:52 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

hey all.. sorry no personals this weekend.. I've been pretty busy.. Friday night DH and cousin worked on our car (lancer Evolution) They're doing a clutch on it.. they were out until 3am!! I was out with his wife until then because we were waiting for them...LOL... We watched a couple movies...I got some sf candy and I have to say I cheated a little bit.. she made some 945 fat free (no trans fat) popcorn. I had a few handfuls... nothing like I used to eat though... That was my goof off for the week...
yesterday we worked...
today church, then dinner at his parents house..they're good about being SB consctious.. they eat healthy generally too... and DH will be working a bit more on the car...
SO we've made it through the first week and onto the second!! I weigh in tomorrow.. I can tell I've lost some weight... I'll post up what I've lost when I weigh in in the morning...Later!!
Old 04-27-2008, 04:09 PM   #34  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Well yesterday track meet went well the school placed second so not too bad. We had a wonderful time at Six Flags did lots of walking.

Today we went to Church this morning and then just finished up a bit of shopping afterwards.

As for me, I am about ready to start TOM and I was very swollen when I woke up this morning, not sure if it is because the weather is starting to warm up, allergies starting to kick up or what is going on. Still haven't started phase 1 but I have been eating phase 2 instead of phase 3 for two days now, so I may just see how it goes this week, if it doesn't work I will start phase 1 again, with no expectations of losing just cleaning up the eating a bit more if necessary, I am in it for the long haul and still feel great (okay other than today lol).

Enjoy your Sunday activities with your family and friends.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:06 PM   #35  

I went to Walmart and picked up a couple of pairs of jeans and some shorts. I can wear a 10 in the jeans because they are relaxed fit but have to wear a 12 in the shorts. Oh, well, it is important to be comfortable. I got my grocery shopping done and lunch and then found out we aren't doing the warehouse inventory today as Terri doesn't feel well. Brian got in around 3. They only got rain during the night so he wasn't all wet but still a bit chilled in shorts. He had a wonderful time. He hiked more than 5 miles, belayed, climbed and rapelled. He was thrilled to get home and find out I got him a new compass. I told him about the knives at Academy Sports & Outdoors so we'll head up there once he is out of the shower. It's only in the 50's today which feels cold after the upper 80's so it's soup for dinner. I bought lots of healthy stuff to cook for the week.

I even got the floor mopped and the pool cleaned. I feel good about what I accomplished.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #36  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Loriann, I would love to hear more about your Sedar! We went to one at church one year and I really enjoyed it. Even though we're Christian, I think it would be interesting and deeply meaningful to learn about and celebrate the traditional Jewish holidays.

Heather, not only did you meet that goal, but you PASSED it! You rock! Have fun out in the middle of nowhere (that's all Tom had to say about 29 Palms when he had to go there to practice for President Reagan's funeral).

Kathleen, please, please, please get your air conditioner fixed! That's way too hot to be sitting in! Glad the game went well and that the temperature was a little cooler for you!

tdi, what movies did you watch? We were on a bad choice streak - "Dan in Real Life" and then "Michael Clayton". I didn't really care for either of them. Need some recommendations, though!

Rose, glad the track meet went well! Go team!

Barbara, I had soup for lunch today! It's dreary and threatening to storm so it just seemed like the right thing to do. Butternut squash.

We're about to make our own pizzas for dinner. The kids are all excited. Today's toppings will be artichoke hearts, baby spinach, mushrooms, and veggie pepperoni. Can't wait!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 04-27-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:44 PM   #37  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Hi ladies! I hope you don't mind me jumping right in!

My DH and I are starting SBD tomorrow! We did it several years ago and had some success -- so I am looking forward to doing it again. I have over 100 lbs to lose! And DH needs to lose 10-15 -- lucky for him he kept off the 20 pounds he lost the first time around. I had two babies...enough said!

Anyway, I went to the grocery store today and got our goodies. And I walked the baby today -- I've already been "watching" what I eat since I had the baby so it's not a complete change, just more formalizing the plan.

I look forward to "meeting" each of you!

Lauren
Old 04-27-2008, 05:58 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Lauren! It's always nice to meet someone new, and we're very happy to have you back on the Beach!

Jake and I just back from a very pleasant dinner. We brought dessert home, and Dustin and Andrea and the kids are coming over shortly to join us. Although I had planned for this "cheat", I'm looking forward to getting back on track after this indulgence. To be honest, I don't really enjoy eating off-plan anymore. A small NSV, for what it's worth!
Old 04-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #39  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

welcome lauren.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:19 PM   #40  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Hi ladies -- thanks for the welcome!
Old 04-27-2008, 10:07 PM   #41  
Determined to lose!

Kara, I also am Christian. Yet, our roots, we have the OT for a reason. Everything that happened was depicting Christ. For instance, did you realize that the plagues, the frogs, the blood, lice etc were actually gods the Egyptians worshipped? everything on the Sedar plate points to Christ!
Old 04-27-2008, 10:54 PM   #42  
Visualizing the Goal

Loriann, that's so interesting. I really do need to do more reading about the Jewish holidays. It's been on my list of things to do for a couple years now but I've never gotten around to it. Thanks for sharing!

Lauren, welcome to the forum! Your baby is just adorable! Good luck getting started this week.

Linda, glad your dinner out was nice. It's great to be in a place where you can appreciate the indulgence and then enjoy getting back on track!

I'm off to bed. Just wanted to check in one more time. Happy snoozing, all!

Kara
Closed Thread