South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 08:50 AM   #1  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Default Cautiously Ecstatic

Good Morning Chicks...

I have been struggling for the past 4 months to take off 10 stubborn lbs gained over the winter. WW wasn't doing it any more. Calorie counting was okay but not enough. I am training for a race and have been focusing on eating protein to help remain strong... Then it hit me... (after I ate carbs one night for dinner and felt hungover the next day - even though I hadn't drank a drop of wine!) I decided if I get serious and try SBD I may be able to wiggle off those last few lbs.

Today is really only day two of Phase 1 BUT.. I just ate the BEST breakfast and I didn't cheat!!!!! Eggs, Spinach, and Blue Cheese.... ( I need a moment... it was so good)

For so long I've eaten low fat, low cal, and I feel jipped! I want to eat some good stuff! (cheese being one of them!!)

I am cautiously optimistic... I hope this works for me!!!

I'll keep you posted!

Last edited by Marathon Mom; 04-23-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:04 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Yay! Glad you found something that's working for you. Do be careful cutting out ALL of the whole grains if you're running a lot. I find it difficult to keep my energy up for long distances if I'm following a Phase 1ish plan. How close is your race?

Kara
Old 04-23-2008, 09:09 AM   #3  
Feelin good in my skin

Kara,

My race is in 5 weeks... It's a sprint triathlon - I've been doing more fast-high-intesity work outs, and not as many long endurance work outs...

Hmm... Do you think I'll be okay?
Old 04-23-2008, 09:29 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

was the blue cheese 6g of fat or less per 1 oz? just saying that's hard to find...

glad it's working for you.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/140/125

Height: 5'4''

MarathonMom--So excited for you!! I really hope this is the key to getting those stubborn pounds off, for both of us!! Plus, how can you resist a diet that lets you eat cheese? Good luck on your training!!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:58 AM   #6  
Feelin good in my skin

Nessa.. I'll have to check the container tonight... (it did say low fat blue cheese) **crossing fingers**

Mary... Thanks for the well wishes

To add - I am still pleasantly satisfied from breakfast...
Old 04-23-2008, 11:08 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

this is truly a great plan... just have some patience with it.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:35 AM   #8  
Feelin good in my skin

Nessa - By patience.. do you mean the weight will eventually come off if not right away?!?
Old 04-23-2008, 11:37 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Mom View Post
Nessa - By patience.. do you mean the weight will eventually come off if not right away?!?
yes this is one of those plans where when you have very little to lose it can take a long time for it to come off. Ramping up your exercise will help....
Old 04-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #10  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

For the most part, DH and I do not use low fat cheeses. I do buy strong/pungent cheeses and try to use less. I can not stand the flavor of most low fat and definately not fat free cheeses. I do use fat free greek yogurt and low fat sour cream.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:03 PM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

SkinnyDog, even though it's not the official SBD stance, I do the same. I can handle LF Feta, but haven't found any low fat versions of some of my favorites, like goat cheese and blue cheese. On the days when I eat them, I just try to make sure I'm not eating a lot of other saturated fat and I still to small portions of highly flavored cheeses. It's more of a Cooking Light thing than SBD, I guess...

Congrats, Marathon! That's wonderful! I really think eating this way for life is fairly simple in that it's not so restrictive that you balk at the idea. Make sure you're getting good carbs even in Phase 1--beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, dairy, etc.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:01 PM   #12  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I was excited because I found some Fat Free Feta cheese. Blech! It's almost tastless. I won't be buying it again.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:00 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Mom View Post
Kara,

My race is in 5 weeks... It's a sprint triathlon - I've been doing more fast-high-intesity work outs, and not as many long endurance work outs...

Hmm... Do you think I'll be okay?
Only you can tell how your body is reacting to what you fuel it with. If you're feeling like you just can't take another step, by all means add in some oatmeal or something. You want to make sure you're ready for the race! I'm sure you'll strike a balance somewhere.

Good luck!

Kara
Old 04-24-2008, 02:32 PM   #14  
Feelin good in my skin

Okay... Checking in ~ I can't believe how I feel! I don't feel bloated any more. I don't feel deprived either! The scale this morning says I've lost 3lbs... I'm going to wait until the week is over before I bank any official weight loss.

I am hoping this continues... I'm thrilled!
Old 04-24-2008, 02:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Don't give up though if you don't lose it all in the 2 weeks for P1... Quick weight loss is hard to keep off. And when you transition into P2 gradually add the alotted carbs back in...
I do low fat cheeses... I WILL not do fat free. I hate fat free cheese!!! It's disgusting!!! But everyone is entitled to enjoy what they like LOL...
Glad you were able to find the right diet and decided to change the lifestyle...
Closed Thread