South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 06:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend On The Beach Chat

Happy Saturday! I love Saturday mornings, Jake has coffee ready for me by the time I come downstairs, and all I have to do is sit and enjoy it.
I'm going to the nursery today to look for some rhododendrens to fill in some spaces in the garden, and I'll probably end up with some other things too. A nursery is like a grocery store to me, I always come out with more than I planned to buy. I'm sure the kids will be over at some point today, too.

What are your plans for this beautiful day?
Old 04-26-2008, 07:02 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm drooling in my coffee over the thought of a garden centre visit, especially for rhodies - they are "not reliably hardy" around here.

We had rain overnight which was much needed. Despite all our snow, the ground is pretty dry. I may work in some more outside work if we don't get more rain. I have a trip to the dump on the schedule and have to make some appetizers to take to a dinner party tonight. I'm thinking bean dip with veggies and crackers plus some devilled eggs.

I wish everyChick a happy and productive Saturday.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 04-26-2008 at 07:03 AM.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:50 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good Morning Chicks

Cottage - We bought a coffee maker with a timer a few months back. I don't know how I managed without it

Ruth - There have been a lot of brush fires around here because of the lack of rain. I hate to lose a weekend but we really need it.

I should work in the yard but I'm probably (well definitely) going to go for a hike instead. It's perfect weather - sunny and 60s. Just right for a trek through the woods. Tomorrow will be my cleaning day, especially if it rains. Maybe I'll get another grill night in tonight too.

Hope everyone gets at least a little time to enjoy the day
Old 04-26-2008, 08:04 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all! Hope everyone gets to play outside today!!

Rush, rush, rush here getting ready for MIL's visit so no time to personals, just wanted to pop in and say hey. Headed out to the airport then on to the French Quarter...
Old 04-26-2008, 08:42 AM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

hey gang.... got my coffee got dressed dogs are fed and pottied my wheateana just beeped so i'll be fed in a few....

busy day... some shopping some coin rolling... tonite we are hosting a party at an offsite (from our house) location.. have to be there at 5.. .minimal control over the food.... I will probably indulge in wine and extra fruits and veggies... and count meatballs as my protein.... will NOT have bagel dogs or pizza bites will NOT have white flour or sugar.... NO NO NO... not going to break a 27 day clean eating streak.....
Old 04-26-2008, 08:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, I'm sipping my coffee before we head out for the sweetest place on earth.
Hope you chicks have a great Saturday! Nessa, you have been a rock lately, you can do this! We are expecting a good report tomorrow!
Have fun everybody!
Old 04-26-2008, 09:08 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone, sounds like everyone has a great day planned. My son already left for track meet, have to take daughter to soccer practice and then after that is done we are going to track meet and maybe six flags for awhile (gotta love season passes).

I have decided that today I am starting phase 1 again for two weeks, I have not been off plan but I cannot seem to quit going into phase 3 mode and I still have weight to lose and hearing how everyone else is doing so well is motivating me to get on it, summers around the corner and I would like the scale to start moving downward, slow and steady as before.

Anyways enjoy your weekend girls
Old 04-26-2008, 10:11 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Good morning!

Linda, that Jake is a gem! Enjoy your time at the garden center!

Ruth, make sure to take the trash to the dump and the appetizers to the party and not vice versa!

Cyndi, enjoy your hike! Hope you see lots of birdies!

Cat, have fun with your mother-in-law!

Nessa, good luck at the party tonight! Twenty-seven clean eating days is no streak to be broken!

Schmoo, have fun at Hershey!

Rose, Phase 1 may not make a huge difference, loss-wise. The second time I did it, right before Christmas last year, I didn't lose a single pound. I *did* kick those cravings, though.

I just finished my yummy oatmeal with walnuts. I've got a long run today so I wanted to get in a good breakfast. The kids are going to play at Tom's mom's while I run so they're all excited. Gotta get ready!

Kara
Old 04-26-2008, 10:31 AM   #9  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Good morning, Chickies. Old hen checking in.

It's gonna be another scorcher here in So. Calif - got up to 92 on my deck yesterday and supposed to be as hot or hotter by this afternoon.

Front door is open to let in the morning cool air, and I just had my coffee. I bought a new glass tea kettle - love it - it pours without dribbling water all over the place like the last one did. I have a little one-cup coffee holder - takes a #2 filter and I just pour water through. Works for me.

Today, I go to the high desert to watch my DGS play in his soccer tournament. Only one game, thank goodness as it is going to be so warm up there. If they win, they go back next week for finals. So it is go up, watch the game, go for lunch with the family, and come home. I need to run some errands so I'm glad it won't be an all-day thing.

No loss today, but this is only my 4th day OP so I am fine with it. Can't lose every day especially when you are older with thyroid and other problems. I feel good and have more energy and there is a lot to be said for that. I also think I'm losing inches. I've lost 2 inches in the waist since the first of the month. Clothes fit a bit better, but being in a size 28, there is always a lot of give and it is the law of diminishing returns. The more you have to lose the longer it takes to show up.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Time to get ready to get outta here.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:15 AM   #10  

schmoodle - You asked about my car. It did get repaired but it was almost $1600 and of course the insurance company said it was not related to the accident so they wouldn't cover any of it. Oh, well, at least I checked.

After I dropped off Brian for his campout, I went by the grocery store. They had a grand remodeling sale and I had a coupon for 10% off plus bunches of other coupons. I saved almost 33%. I didn't have a list made so I just bought stuff I knew I would use. I'll go back again tomorrow with a list and use some of the other coupons.

Then I finished setting up the filing system for Twilight Camp and got all the paperwork filed and entered into the computer that was turned in at training. I watched ER and Dr Who and spent 4 hours sipping a margarita. I can't remember the last time I had alcohol. I'll probably save the other 3 for when I have friends over.

I need to head to Lowes and get some more lava rock for around the pool and then on another trip get some more of the paver stones. I should also weedwack but I really need to get the lava rock down so that dirt doesn't wash into the pool in a heavy storm like we keep having. I'm meeting a guy at the warehouse this afternoon. Just because I have one of the keys I end up having to be there when he wants to drop off Raingutter Regatta stuff and pick up Space Derby stuff. I wouldn't mind so much but the guy is a jerk and he acts like I should drop everything to come at the time he wants. Oh, well, time is a wasting. I'll check back in later.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #11  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies,
As Kathleen said, it's going to be a hot one here in So. Cal. The sun was out and up by 6:30 this morning and there is no cloud cover. I'm currently at the USO, it's been busy. I got here late due to car issues. My dh's car (usually the reliable one, and the one I use on the weekends) smelled of gas and 1/3 of the way to the USO I noticed that gas was leaving the tank quickly. I didn't think I'd make it up to LA and back in his car so I had to turn around and get my car. Fortunately I got here in one piece. But now that means when I get back home we have to take his to the mechanic. BOOOOOO!!! Hopefully it'll be a minimal fix.
I hope you all have a great Saturday.
ENJOY!
Old 04-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, ladies. (Well, it's really the afternoon almost, but I'm sure you'll allow me my delusions! ) We stayed up WAY too late last night watching the Spurs win and then reading until 2 am to get rid of all that energy. Thank goodness for weekends!

Cottage: Enjoy your nursery time! Jake and Jason sound a lot alike when it comes to making sure the coffee is ready when we are. Although I'm sure Jake has your coffee pot running much earlier. What a nice guy. Have a great day!

Ruth: Mmmm...deviled eggs. I may have to make some tonight for the game tomorrow. Are you making the dump trip yourself? Sounds like more evidence of you being wonder-woman! Glad you got some rain last night. I would love to see some in the forecast here!

Cyndi: Enjoy your hike! DH and I love to go up north to the mountains - it's less desert-ish and more of a forest. Going to do some bird-spotting as well? (We need a smilie with binoculars for you, that's the closest thing I could find! )

Cat: Enjoy your MIL's visit! Have a fun time at the French Quarter - can't wait to see some beautiful pics!

Nessa: 27 days of clean eating is awesome! Schmoodle is right, you are a rock!! You will be strong and conquer tonight at the party.

, Schmoodle! Have a great Saturday!

Pearl: Good luck with D1 of P1 today! You can do this!! I used to love theme-park season. My sisters and I would spend whole weeks shuttling between Six Flags, Sea World and Schlitterbahn. It's been years since I've been to any of them, though. Have a wonderful time!!

Kara: I'm sure you're either running or already have run, but either way, I hope it is/was a great one! One day I'll be coming to you for running advice!! Hope the kids are enjoying their play-time at grandma's.

krosmom: I don't think we've "met" yet. Congrats on those inches lost!! You're doing a great job. Hope the game goes well and that it's not too much of a scorcher for everyone!

Barb: Sorry that you have to deal with jerk-man. Want us to come over and rough him up a bit? (I can see it now, "Who are you girls?" "The SBFatChicks, mister!!" ) Great job on the savings at the store - coupons really can be a girl's best friends!! Have a nice day. I'm envying your trip to Lowe's.

hmacneil: I'm hoping the vehicle is a cheap and quick repair. Hope you get to spend your day in the a/c.

Me: Whew! SO nice to get here and actually be able to post personals! I've been missing that so much this week, but work will be crazy until about mid-June after all our hearings are over. (Thank goodness boss-man is letting me go on vacation in June at all!!) I ended up working 10 hours yesterday which is extremely uncommon, but it couldn't be helped. Thank goodness the dinner plans were leftovers.

Today we're heading to the garden center for pots and soil for my herb garden. We were going to plant them in the veggie garden, but the corner DH set aside for me just isn't going to work. Poor thing - he was so proud of himself for giving me my own little plot, but it has shade and drainage issues, so we'll just leave it bare until we can figure out what will survive there. After the garden center, I'll be doing some planting, weeding in the rose beds and some general cleaning in the yard. Tonight we're doing bbq chicken for dinner with some brown rice and sauteed bell peppers...yum!

Well, off to WATP with Leslie. I've been slacking on workouts, but will restart the Firm calendar on Monday. Hope everyone to come has a great Saturday!!

, Kim
Old 04-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #13  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

You all have such green thumbs, I'm so jealous. I don't have a garden, but I've tried keeping a herb garden on my patio deck. But it never seems to last more than a month or so. Maybe later in May i'll try again w/ one of you coaching me along???!!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 03:48 PM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Kathleen, enjoy the soccer game! I don't know whether to say I hope the kids win or lose, though...that's so hot to be outside playing soccer! And it's only APRIL!

Barbara, hope everything goes OK with the grumpy man. I'll come over with Kim if you need us!

Heather, I hope you can figure out what's wrong with the car and that it's an inexpensive fix. Yikes!

Kim, have fun with Leslie! I took one of the videos over to my sister's the other day and we did it together. It was fun! How's the obstacle course in your backyard coming along?

I'm back from my run and am pooped. Actually, I'm feeling better since I made myself a little of Cat's frozen yogurt. I added some protein powder, too, so I can make it through the rest of the day! Connor's off playing with my brother and it's too late to nap the girls so I'm going to cave and let them watch a little TV so they can at least have some down time. I have some Little Einsteins episodes and Sesame Streets saved, so they can pick which one they want.

Avery's done pooping so I've got to go. I got her little Elmo undies and she just loves them! Every morning it's the first thing she wants to get. (Well, actually, every morning the first thing she wants to do is nurse, but Elmo undies are a close second.)

Kara
Old 04-26-2008, 04:43 PM   #15  

The leader I don't like sent another leader from his pack who is nice so that worked out well. I've made two trips to Lowes and put down 14 cubic feet of lava rock. Next trip will be for the stones to add more to the retaining wall. I'm not sure if I'll get that done today. I did get some weeding done and am about to go out and mow before the storm gets here. I've got sea scallops and asparagus to fix for dinner. Brian doesn't like scallops so I'm treating myself while he's at the campout.
Closed Thread