South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #61  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Ruth.. Oh you make me look so naughty!!! I am an avid user of fit day.. Love it!

I acutally eat FF ricotta 70 cal per serving - and Natural low fat pb 94 cal 6 grams of fat per serving...

The below makes it appear that proteins are limitless and veggies are portioned.. am I reading it wrong??? (And PB is considered a fat)

Protein: Quantity is not limited. See choices
Vegetables: Minimum 1/2 cup. See choices
Fruit: None
Starch: None
Milk: None
Fat: 1 tsp mayonnaise or oil (optional) See choices

Last edited by Marathon Mom; 05-01-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:02 AM   #62  

Default New to SB - Day 4 and holding

Hello all - I'm new to the site and new to South Beach. My husband and I are on Day 4. We'd both like to lose at least 15 pounds, though I'd be happier with 20.

So far we are both feeling the "South Beach Flu"; tired and cranky and I've had a bit of a headache for the past day or so. Luckily we don't have too much going on this week so it hasn't been too much of an issue - but I hate feeling this way and am wondering what to try to break out of it. I heard beans can be helpful so I plan to whip up a turkey chili this evening and see if that makes a difference. Our eating was not all that junky before so I'm a little surprised how much Phase 1 has affected us. Always open to any suggestions or thoughts and good luck to everybody!

Old 05-01-2008, 11:16 AM   #63  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailwore View Post
Hello all - I'm new to the site and new to South Beach. My husband and I are on Day 4. We'd both like to lose at least 15 pounds, though I'd be happier with 20.

So far we are both feeling the "South Beach Flu"; tired and cranky and I've had a bit of a headache for the past day or so. Luckily we don't have too much going on this week so it hasn't been too much of an issue - but I hate feeling this way and am wondering what to try to break out of it. I heard beans can be helpful so I plan to whip up a turkey chili this evening and see if that makes a difference. Our eating was not all that junky before so I'm a little surprised how much Phase 1 has affected us. Always open to any suggestions or thoughts and good luck to everybody!

Beans are pretty starchy and high in carbs, yet great for P1. They may help with your icky feelings. You may not have been eating badly before you started, but maybe your bodies had been storing a lot of toxins...and what you're feeling is your body detoxing. I could just about guarantee that within the next week you should be feeling much better.

MarathonMom - Where are you getting those limits? Is that from FitDay?

I think it is telling you that proteins don't have a minimum, while veggies do. It's basically reminding you to eat those vegetables.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:22 AM   #64  
Feelin good in my skin

Zeffryn - I am acutally getting them from the containers... I eat Giant's house brand of FF Ricotta Cheese and the Low Fat PB is from Fit Day... I double checked Smucker's webiste and it's pretty accurate - for 2 Tbs. it's 200 cal 6 grams of fat....

Whew...

Last edited by Marathon Mom; 05-01-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #65  
Bobbie~Doll

S/C/G: 254/237/140

Height: 5'2

Default Phase I starter

Hello Everyone, I started Phase I on Monday and I am actually doing pretty well. I have found it hard to just cook for one person which means I always have tons of leftovers. My meals have looked something like this with slight variation...

B: 2 eggs and 2 pieces turkey bacon
S: L-F chedder cheese stick and 8 oz glass of V8
L: Taco Soup (which i am in LOVE with)
D: Lean meat and veggies..yesterday I had a lean pork chop and broccoli
S: S-F popsicle

If i need something sweet I grab a stick of S-f Gum...and If I need to chomp on something while I watch tv at night I grab Pistachios.

So far....yes, I weighed myself today...I have went from 220 to 214...this excited me and is keeping me on track. I am looking forward to finishing up Phase I but because I am moving to Cali May 26th I think I will stay on Phase I until I move to get a little more weight off and than I plan to go to Phase 2....thoughts?
Old 05-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Bobbie: That sounds pretty good, if you don't mind cottage cheese.. it is low fat, and 12g protein per serving.. Which is great for hunger!! Also, try adding some beans and MORE VEGGIES!!! breakfast you missed veggies, lunch you may have needed more and not sure about dinner. Veggies are very very important to fill up on. And try adding some beans. High in protein and you can do a lot with them...
Old 05-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #67  
Bobbie~Doll

Tdiprincess: Thanks for the advice. I dread cottage cheese. I think its the texture, I just cant seem to eat it. I added black beans to the taco soup with turkey, onions, tomatoes, and peppers...I will start adding some veggies into my eggs though. Thanks so much. I thought I was doing something with the V8 drink and dinner but I will get more veggies in.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:58 PM   #68  
beachin'

Marathon Mom - I was talking about when you said :

Protein - unlimited, see list
Vetables - minimum 1/2 cup, see list
etc.

Just wondering if that was in an SBD book or something.

Also, am I the only one who makes taco soup and it turns into Chili?

BobbieDoll - You are so cute! Anyway, if you have a V-8 in the morning with breakfast, that is a serving or two of veggies - depeding on how much you have. I think 4 oz. is considered a serving of veggies.
You could try adding a snack in between lunch and dinner, and have it be some celery with a tablespoon or two of peanut butter (remember to only have 1-2 T. of total fat per day) or pepper strips with hummus....it will keep your blood sugar steady and get another serving or two of veggies in
Glad to have you around
Old 05-01-2008, 08:00 PM   #69  
beachin'

Also, Bobbie - P1 is not super healthy to stay on for long periods of time. You may want to move to P1.5 like a lot of us are doing. It allows you to have some good carbs - 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of grains a day, but will still keep the weightloss pretty steady. Your body needs those carbs to thrive!

What is taking you to CA?
Old 05-02-2008, 02:53 AM   #70  

bobbie: No problem. I'm just starting out and learned this too. The cottage cheese: I had strep throat this one time.. I got sick on cottage cheese. For many years I couldn't even touch the stuff. I started out here or there with a spoonful.. now I'm good on it. I add things to it. Right now I've been adding cinnamon and Splenda to it, making it my dessert..tastes like cinnamon toast witout all the bad stuff...
You'll get there and figure out what you like and what works for you
Old 05-02-2008, 03:07 AM   #71  

oh and I add a V8 once a day to boost the veggies a little bit, I put it with a snack. Otherwise, I cutt down my meal time veggies (no good)
Old 05-02-2008, 09:28 AM   #72  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies! I have to say I peeked at the scale today too and was down 5 pounds! Woo hoo! I am really exciting and it is motivating! I plan to walk again today...it is our neighborhood garage sale.

Bobbi: Glad to see you're doing well too!

Zeffryn: I did make chili for dinner last night!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:48 AM   #73  
beachin'

I love garage sales! I'm going to look in the paper to see if I can find some neighborhood garage sales in this area.

Congrats on the 5 lbs!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #74  
Bobbie~Doll

Hey Everyone thanks so much for all the advice.

Zeffryn: I think I will take your advice and do the Phase 1.5 when I finish Phase. Also, I am going to be completing an internship at UCR in their housing and reslife department. I am a graduate student studying higher ed and student affairs. I will also add the celery and some natural peanut butter between lunch and dinner...

Almost on week two...looking forward to more results..I plan to start walking on Sunday, I wanted my body to get used the change before I started adding exercise.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:25 PM   #75  
Feelin good in my skin

Default Happy Friday

Hi Chicks - Checking in... This week has been a bit of a stall for me. I think I was eating too much and telling myself it was okay because it was "on the list" - that combined with TOM raging hormones... I think the emotional/hormonal cravings are now gone, however the weight remains, and still no TOM. I am staying off the scale until TOM has come and gone.

Have a great weekend and everyone - thank you again for all of your support!
Closed Thread