South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 11:12 PM   #16  

My car started hesitating and stalled on me yesterday so I dropped it at the dealership. I got the estimate today - $1500 plus tax! I'm going to ask them if there is any way that the accident I was in a few weeks ago could have caused the ignition switch and electronic fan to go out. Maybe I can get the insurance to pick up some of this.

My cell phone is also acting up so I'm going to have to take that in. At least I have insurance on the phone. And the Bluetooth ear hook broke. At least that shouldn't be much to replace.

Brian and I mowed the grass today. He wanted to do it but hadn't before so I walked next to him and instructed him in how to safely do it. I probably won't let him do it by himself for awhile but it was fun to do it together. Another few days of warm weather and we MIGHT be able to get into the pool.

The Wood Badge staff orientation was a lot of fun today. An assistant scribe was signed on yesterday so now I have someone to help me. Grace is really nice and her youngest son is the same age as Brian. I hope we end up becoming good friends. So far it looks promising.

Brian seemed to have an okay time with his Dad last night but seemed glad to be home. No problems with Robert today at least.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:59 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

barb sorry about the car trouble... what kinda car is it?
so I didn't end up putting the plants out today... tomorrow probably. Today we hit record temps for spring of 85. It was beautiful. I cleaned up the the apartment...well started. The kitchen and bathroom are spotless. I started to get into the dining room when DH called. He was having someone arrested..
he's a process server (legal documents, divorces, credit card debt, etc.) The guy wasn't even the one DH needed to serve, but it was a suitable age so he left if for the guy. He chased DH down at the car and started pulling on his arm to get him from getting into the car. DH grabbed his phone and dialed 911. The guy was swearing and shoving. When he realized DH was calling the cops he stopped, told him to get the f... off the property. DH waited for the cops. He got biligerent with the cops too! So, they asked DH if he wanted to sign a complaint, he said sure, they arrested him. He also ripped DH's shirt! Jerk!
Its crazy...DH has been doing this for 5 years and has never had to have anyone arrested!
So DH picked me up and we went to the police station to sign the complaint and then I finished working with him. then we had a friend over and had a cookout... we finally got a grill..it was nice, I didn't have to cook!
Then we went for a walk...although we did get ice cream...were starting back the beach on Monday...
It wasn't too bad of a day, a bit crazy. I got a bit upset when DH called and told me what happened, but he's okay. Shoulder hurt a bit, but I gave him a back massage... I was feeling generous. Well off to bed, I'm beat!
Old 04-20-2008, 06:29 AM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good sunny Sunday morning! Hersh and I just sat on the deck for coffee and petting and watched the loons fly over. It was chilly but sure felt like summer.

I'm tired this morning after a big day doing the Child Ident thing (154 kids) and have to make sandwiches shortly for the Festival workers. After working all day yesterday, they sure don't want sausages and pancakes for lunch. I hope to get them made shortly so I can drop them off after Church. It seems strange not to be cooking after doing it for 20 years but the leg could just not handle hours of standing at a grill. This afternoon I'll do a Harry visit and may get some outside work done. The snow mountains are still there but melting fast. I may even be able to get my garden cart free today.

Hope you have a great day.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:56 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Sunday morning!

After a glorious day yesterday, we're in for a few days of cool, rainy weather. The clouds are moving in as I type. We got a good start on our yard work yesterday, and Jake got the lawn fertilized, then we enjoyed a cook-out. I had a great OP day, all day.
We're off to meet the usual gang at Cracker Barrel shortly, then a trip to Walmart. I'm going to look for some Leslie Sansone workouts there, if not, I"ll order them from Amazon. I'm really enjoying them, and Monica wants hers back soon.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:44 AM   #20  

tdiprincess - It's a 2003 Ford Focus. It's been a great car but I had a teenager pull out in front of me not that long ago and I'm guessing that the body shop didn't realize that this stuff got messed up too. All I can do is try to see if it is related.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:57 AM   #21  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

happy sunday....

dh got home at 3 am he's still sleeping girl child and i had a good shopping day we got shoes and clothes... i got one dress that does not quite fit but will in about 10 pounds (i hope) 15 at the latest... it's one of those "i feel pretty' dresses and it was only 13 dollars....

SCALE 220! OMG I am dropping weight like a fiend... 21 clean days under my belt....
Old 04-20-2008, 10:15 AM   #22  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Happy Sunday Ladies,
So the Angels won last night!!!! The game was a lot of fun. It was organized by my church....we had almost a whole section all to ourselves. Good times. The tail gate party went over well. I brought a Greek salad so I knew that I would have something to eat. And boy am I glad that I brought it. There was NOTHING else that I could eat except for grilled hot dogs. So I had two hot dogs and a Greek Salad. Not the most appetizing dinner, but it worked. Tomorrow I'm supposed to start P2, but I cheated last weekend with a small piece of Boston Cream Pie, so I'm staying on P1 for this week as well. Today DH and I are planning to go to Disneyland (we have annual passes). This will be a fun way to pass the time, and well get a lot of walking in. It should be a beautiful day.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!
Old 04-20-2008, 10:24 AM   #23  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

hmacneil6 i'm not sure an entire week in p1 for one indiscretion is needed. if you have no cravings i'd move on....
Old 04-20-2008, 10:25 AM   #24  

Barb: My DH had guessed that was the car.. He does a lot of car work on the side. Ford focuses are notorious for having the ignition and fan issue. Usually
they don't go together, but they have a hard time figuring them out. Too bad you're way down in Texas, up here my DH could look at it. Anyhow, sorry about the big bill, dealers stink, if you could find a smaller shop to do it, I would suggest that. Take it around. 1500 is outrageous!

Well the day is beautiful! Not quite as warm, but yesterday we set record temps... Its sunny now, but it may rain later tonight. Its 70 right now. Anyhow, just relaxing in bed a bit more and then off to church at 1. But, taking a shower, maybe clean up a bit more, throw a load in the washer...
Later chickies!
Old 04-20-2008, 02:23 PM   #25  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies:
My Puter has Died so I'm at the library printing out stuff I need to rewrite articles that are in the dead puter!

DH and I did the Meadowlands sale yesterday (its a huge sale every weekend) and made $100 Ofcourse I was up till 3 getting stuff together and got up at 5:30 (LATE!) Great People Watching we had a Bob Dylan impersonator and a gentleman with a Black Velvet Tshirt on with a Depiction of JC in Glittering gold Sequins. Everyone has to worship in their own way!
so last night was quiet I conked DH worked after conking
OH! I made Quinoa!!!1 LOVE IT and it doesn't give me cravings!

Nessa gotta love a $13 I feel pretty dress! TDI is dh ok? glad your day took a good turn
Cottage I have heard of that schmorgasborde all the way up here you did great!
Ruth I want to live in your town!! you guys have so many nice things go on!
Hmac Good Job with the salad!
Barb sorry about your phone and vehicular stuff. I'm glad you have a potential new friend!! and had some nice outdoorsy time with Brian

OH! I got the Beck diet solution! she's really interesting. I'm going to work her and the Paul McKenna Stuff into my lifestyle. .. Just need to find a coacH!
ok off to run around town before It starts raining.
If I can get on DH's puter I'll be back later
Kier
Old 04-20-2008, 05:38 PM   #26  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

TDI - Wow. Crazy story. What is it exactly that your husband does?

Ugh. I'm feeling horrible today. I was so bad last night I had way too many indiscretions yesterday and today that I'm going to stay on P1 another week. I'm craving hard today. We'll see what they are like tomorrow.

Last night there was a UFC PPV. We went to a bar with some friends to watch it, and ended up going dancing afterwards with the same bunch of people. We weren't there for 10 minutes before a friend of mine passed out....on top of my husband She was hanging all over him. At one point, he tried to remove her and she fell off the barstool and onto the floor. You have to love people that can't handle their alcohol. Anyway, it was a late night. We didn't pick up our son until almost 4 this morning. We're both feeling pretty terrible today, and have been lounging around watching episodes of Scrubs on dvd.

Hope you guys are having a great weekend so far.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:53 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks,
Busy weekend, and I am so tired. I did get a lot of work done to get ready for my meetings tomorrow, but I want to put in a couple more hours tonight, then have to get up and be on the road by 6:30 - not so easy for me!
In other news, I got most of the closets flipped over to spring/summer clothes, just in time for these terrible storms and colder weather. That's okay, I left out a few warmer things, this time of year you have to be ready for anything! I've got bags of clothes that the kids outgrew since last year to give away, and a couple of bags of my things that don't fit anymore too. It was fun to see the difference between what I wore last year and what I can wear now! DD and I went swimming this afternoon, and then did the grocery shopping, and we have all just finished some yummy chef's salads.
DH really enjoyed his stampede campout at the farm. We were a little worried because he hasn't ever been camping, and is not the most adventurous kid, but he loved it. DD ended up having a friend sleep over, but they were beat from ice skating, so they weren't up too late. And voila, another weekend has flown by too quickly! Hope you all had a fun one...
zeff, it definitely sounds like you did!
Hi Kierie, sorry about the computer. Remind me what you make and sell - is it jewelry? Quinoa is awesome.
Nessa, your body is just ready to do some spring cleaning - how awesome is that? Keep up the great work!
Old 04-20-2008, 11:07 PM   #28  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Nessa - the last time I did SBD I went into P2 fairly quickly and with both feet. This time I want to make sure that the cravings are gone. Not to mention that I already went grocery shopping for the week I'm not afraid of getting to P2 but I am worried about going there too fast. I'm definately looking forward to bringing some grains or fruits back into my life. Thanks for your advice.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:06 AM   #29  

Zeff- he's a process server. He serves legal documents to people. House foreclosure, divorces, credit card debts..etc. He's been doing it for 5 years. He's never had anyone arrested. This guy was belligerent with the cops once they came. They didn't give DH a choice. They told him he needed to come down to sign a complaint and they were arresting him. Generally when the cops are called people realize what they've done and feel bad. This guy kept going...

anyhow... Sunday went to church and then dinner with the family. It was a nice day. Relaxing. Played some Canasta.. although didn't win a game! But fun anyways...
See ya guys in the morning...when we start SB again...
Closed Thread