Starting SBD again

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • The last time I tried to do this diet I spent a fortune at the grocery store every week. I just finally quit and started eating crap again. Now I have decided to start SB again. I have to for my health and my family. I was reading a few posts down to customize the plans for you. What a great idea!! Now, I won't have to follow the plan as written. You girls are great support!! I can't wait to start again on Monday!
  • Welcome back Nella! It is definetly more cost friendly when you make up your own meal plans. Be sure to check out the recipes here and I know the girls have lots of good advice - Good Luck!
  • Welcome back, Nella, and good luck!!
  • Hi Nellagirl, what a shock to find someone my height. Well, to be completely honest Im 4 91/2. I would love to start with you on monday. I've been trying to restart for many months and keep caving with the sweets. I know this works, I lost 20 pounds about 3 1/2 years ago but due to a major bout with depression gained all that weight back. I have lost some but no where near where I was. Good luck to both of us.
  • Hi Nella welcome back!
  • Welcome back....You'll find a lot of support here. I know I do!
  • Nella, welcome back! I'm so glad you decided to join us here on the Beach again.
  • Thanks everyone! I am getting myself all psyched to start back on Monday!! I have been researching like crazy too.
  • Nellagirl, the last time you were on sb how long did you do it for? I'm pretty psyched about starting over on monday. It's just so encouraging to be doing this with someone my height. As you know when your as short as us every ounce shows. I wish you all the luck and this board is so awesome, great support system.
  • My DH and I will also be starting again on monday. We had started phase1 a few weeks ago, we screwed up and then grandma died..and that was what broke it... Now that everythings over, we're going to have the weekend and then start up again on Monday. This time, no cheating!
  • Sluggo44 and nellagirl - I think I'm techinically 4'9 1/3 according to my last dr. appt. so I guess you've both got me beat! I always like to think I'm taller and no one ever guesses me that short but I think that's mainly because they just can't imagine it....
  • Mandy, your too funny. I remember one time I was in Wal-mart and as usual I had to climb the shelves to reach something and this older man asked how tall I was and I told him and he turned to his wife and said "you have her beat, shes only 4 8 1/2. I almost fell of the shelf doing a happy dance that I actually was taller then someone other then a child.
  • Oh I know the feeling...I am actually taller than a couple of ladies at church and it makes me feel tall to stand next to them. I sigh resignedly when elementary school kids pass me up or I remember that I'll probably shrink when I'm old. Its a good incentive to get my calcium!
  • I think it is definitely more cost effective to create your own meal plans. Also, cook in large batches....stash some in the freezer for other meals.
  • Mandy and Sluggo--I am taller than a lady that I work with. She is only 4'8' and I feel so tall next to her-LOL.

It's hard being so short because every single pound will show on you. I used to blame my weight on my height but, I know that I really can't so, that's why I am starting back.

Sluggo- you asked me how long I did it before? I think I only made through the first week and then I just caved. I love carbs, but, they don't love me back. I am borderline T2 Diabetes and high choloesterol and I am only 32. I have to do this!! I'm glad we can start together Monday!! Feel free to message me anytime!!