3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   When will the new SB Book become available....? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/139965-when-will-new-sb-book-become-available.html)

Cannwarren 04-16-2008 11:12 AM

When will the new SB Book become available....?

Also, does anyone have any idea what kind of changes he will be making to the diet? I have now set a new goal of 50lbs more by December when I hit my 40th birthday. It will make it my 100 lb mark. I need a jumpstart though and I'm curious what's in store with the new book.

cottagebythesea 04-16-2008 11:27 AM

Amazon says the book will be out around May 5th. I think it will mostly be the updated foods list that will be the big change. ;)

Ruthxxx 04-16-2008 02:21 PM

It may include exercise suggestions too.

Cheree 04-16-2008 02:39 PM

Amazon has a deal where you can pre-order the book and get the workout DVD for free:

Get Supercharged for Summer
Shape up for beach season with "The South Beach Diet Supercharged": for a limited time only, pre-order the matching workout DVD for free when you buy the book.

You can pre-order the book for $17.13 (actually $16.27 as a pre-order) and get the free DVD workout (sells for $13.49 on Amazon).

Book: "The South Beach Diet Supercharged: Faster Weight Loss and Better Health for Life"

DVD: "The South Beach Diet Super Charged Workout"

I went ahead and pre-ordered both for a total charge of $16.27 (I have Amazon Prime, so I don't have shipping charges):

Item(s) Subtotal: $30.62
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Books Pre-order: -$0.86
Promotion Applied: -$13.49
-----
Total Before Tax: $16.27
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $16.27

ladybugnessa 04-16-2008 04:19 PM

i'm believing that it will show carrots and milk added and the 100 calorie sweet treats as well as the beans that were added back shortly after the original printing...

i think the biggest difference will be the exercise component which was glossed over in the first book.

zeffryn 04-17-2008 03:04 PM

carrots are ok now? Milk??

ugh. I just finished reading the first one! now I have to remember a whole new list :(

Ruthxxx 04-17-2008 03:22 PM

Zeff, our lists in the FAQ Section are more up to date than the old book.

zeffryn 04-17-2008 03:24 PM

Awesome. Thanks, Ruth. I'll have to check them out.

ladybugnessa 04-17-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeffryn (Post 2155668)
carrots are ok now? Milk??

ugh. I just finished reading the first one! now I have to remember a whole new list :(

milk and beans were added back to phase one early on

carrots are a phase 2 veggie!

i ordered the book, the dvd and the taste of summer cookbook

22 dollars shipping on May 19th

GONNABE165 04-17-2008 03:53 PM

I got this through and email

Here's some of what you'll find in Supercharged:
Two full weeks of newly created meals plans for Phases 1 and 2, including 40 delicious original recipes
A supercharged fitness program that works in harmony with the diet's three Phases; it's designed to rev up your metabolism - so you burn more fat and calories all day - even at rest
Expanded Foods to Enjoy lists containing more than 100 new items
Up-to-date nutritional information on phytonutrients, anti-inflammatory foods, vitamins, and minerals
An expanded dining-out section, including hundreds of new healthy choices