South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:59 AM   #16  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Morning Chicks

Just a quick check-in this morning. Why is it that when I go to work late (and stay late) I have a much longer list of chores than when I come home at the normal time?! Ah well, I guess it's good to get things done.

Looks like spring is finally here for real I'm going to get out for a couple of small walks today so I don't feel like a slug.

I've been losing and regaining the same two lbs all month and I'm getting a little tired of them. It was bound to happen after last month but I still hate it!

I ate too much last night - not off plan just way more than I needed to. It's such a throw back to the way I used to eat and it annoys me. I wonder if Beck would help with that mental piece of it? I know if goes all the way back to my childhood and control issues but knowing isn't always enough to stop it sometimes. I need to figure that one out or I risk ending up back where I started.

Okay, off to run a million errands before work. Have a good day
Old 04-15-2008, 10:11 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Cat: Thanks for starting us up this morning! Sorry you didn't get a good night's sleep last night and I hope it's much better tonight. That's a great idea about the martial arts. My aunt and uncle did that for my cousin, who was having a hard time with bullies and what-not at school. Not only did it boost his confidence, but it gave him the ability to see the bullies for what they really were. Now incidences with them just roll off of his shoulder.

cottage: Great job ignoring that ice cream - I don't think I would have been able to! Enjoy that WATP dvd. I love doing them! It took me a while to get started, but now a four-mile walk is pretty darn easy. I find it shocking that I can intentionally walk four miles at one time! Have a great day!

Ruth: I hope you and Hershey enjoy your pet therapy time! Unfortunately, most of my garden-work is out front, so I have to be fashion-conscious. (Just in case the UPS man comes! ) I think it's great that you're back at the gym!

Schmoodle: Well, at least it sounds like you got a good night's sleep! I hope that you have a great day!

Kara: Enjoy your daughter-daddy time. I still love spending some alone time with my dad. With two sisters and living so far away, it is hard, though. I'm sure you'll have a great time. Be careful driving! And to grandma and grandpa, although I'm sure your little ones will be angels!

Gonna: Sounds like a busy day for you! Could I send my pups over for a bath? They really need it! I may just have to bite the bullet and send them to the groomer. Enjoy Biggest Loser tonight!

Nessa: to you and DH. I hope that today and tonight are better times for both of you!

Stephanie: I figure it's okay to be a cub every once in a while. I know my man enjoys it when my "roaring woman" needs a break! I hope you get back into your groove soon!

hmacneil: Hope you enjoy your TV night. DH and I are the same way - too many shows to watch, but we don't have TiVo or anything like that, so we have to make informed decisions. We have a process of elimination to determine what gets watched. Have a good day!!

FluffyK: I can honestly say that most of us have been where you are right now. What works best for me is to step back, rearrange my priorities and come back at it with new vigor. One super-helpful thing for me is to make a list of all the benefits of getting to my ideal weight. That really helps me to reset my focus. Either way, you won't be 100% into this until you're really ready. to you!!

Me: This post has taken me FOREVER, so I'm sure there will be some simul-posting going on.

My goal was to wake up this morning and work out, but that didn't happen, so it'll be workout tonight, leftover chicken with sweet potatoes for dinner and beginning to clean the house for our company (my sisters) this weekend.

Bizarre Foods is on at 9pm, so DH and I will be parked on the couch from 9-10, then it's off to bed for me! I bet I'll wake up at 5:30am tomorrow when it's a rest day from working out! Well, I could use the time to get stuff around the house done.

Well, off to work for me! Have a beachin' day!

~Kim
Old 04-15-2008, 10:11 AM   #18  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chicks. The sun is shinning here today as well. And it feels like spring. . The ducks are swimming around in the water out back and the birds are chirpping in the trees. I love spring days like this. Had a clean eating day yesterday it feels good to be back on track. No time for personals right now, I have been trying to post this all morning. We have a dance show on friday night so there is lots to get done for that and then we leave a week from today for Halifax. Just going to show a pic of our new baby.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #19  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Cat, I am also a firm believer in martial arts. It teaches self respect and respect for the people around you. Especially parents. It can really change a kids life. We're planning on getting Calvin into it asap. I think we can start Judo at 3, and Hapkido at 6? maybe.

Krystal, I know that feeling all too well. Stick to your guns, girl. Don't tell yourself that you can't do it, just do it! Who cares if you don't lose 30 lbs. by the wedding, maybe you'll lose 10 and look that much better! *hug*

little chick, your new kitty is adorable! I think we're getting a new kitten soon.

Good morning, Chicks. Sorry, I don't have time for many more personals.

I got the Beck book from the library yesterday, and think I might start it today...even though I have quite a few other books on my plate right now.

Today is cleaning day. I missed my home blessing hour yesterday because of too many other things, so I'll have to do that today. I also have a bunch of cooking to do for DS. Once a week I cook meals for him, and put them in pre-portioned packages for lunches and quick dinners in case hubs and I are eating too late.

We're going out tonight to look at laptops. Hubs needs a new one for his job. Best Buy has a really great sale on one right now. They are so expensive! At least we have savings to use and don't have to use credit cards. I feel so much better when we pay cash for something.

I got about half-way through the new Cooking Light cookbook, and realized that I'm going to need to spend half a day with the copy machine. It's a GREAT book.

Have a great day, girls.

Last edited by zeffryn; 04-15-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:50 AM   #20  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Kim enjoy Bizzare Foods - I for some reason just can't watch it. I will be washing furbabys around 7ish so have yours there

LC I just love your new baby

zeffryn good luck with the laptop shopping this evening and I hope you get those recipes copied
Old 04-15-2008, 11:15 AM   #21  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

FluffyK - Stay strong.....you've got it in you to continue. Stick it out. It'll be so much better in a day or two. Hang in there!

Gonnabe - Good to hear that Kelly got some support once she got home. It's got to be such a scary time for all of the BL contestants when they go home. There is so much riding on them that I can only imagine the pressure. Tonight will be interesting.

Kim - It's probably a good thing that you don't have TiVo. As much as we LOVE it, it's completely changed our tv viewing habits. Just like you, I used to make choices about what I watch, now I just tape alot and watch when I want to. I guess, however, that I don't watch as much "crap" tv when I have nothing to do. I at least have (what I consider) more quality tv to turn to. My dh and I LOVE Bizzare foods as well. It's one of like 5 shows that we both agree on

Littlechick - SO CUTE!!! What's his name?

zeffryn - You FLY, don't you? I have been off my routine for a while now, but you mentioning your home blessing makes me want to get back into the swing of things. Good luck with the computer purchase tonight!

Again, Have a great Tuesday, ladies!!!!!

ENJOY ~ Heather
Old 04-15-2008, 12:10 PM   #22  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Heather her name is Ellie, short for Elephant.... as she is all grey and her little tail stands up stright. The dd's named her. She is so cute and tiny. I will have to try to take a pic of her with our other cat. I can't believe she didn't cry at all last night for her mama or sisters.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #23  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies:
My peapod came today and except for my bag of salad All my veggies were out of stock so I'm going to have to go tthe store anyway. . .so much for convenience!
I'm packing all my snacks in individual bags and about to WATP
Zeff What is a house blessing?
LC so gorgeous!
Kim that sounds interesting we don't have that channel!
Cyndi I'm thinking about the Beck Book myself
FluffyK Just do the best you can and be kind to yourself!

Hmac mm you're making me hungry!!
Steph! you be a cub if you need to
Cottage feel the burn!
Ruth I'm sending you some sunshine
Kara Have a good time with dad!
Ok now I do have to get awway from the puter I bought BECK after checking it out on Amazon I think it will be the ticket for my "fat" brain
BBL
Kier
Old 04-15-2008, 12:52 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

Hello...beachy ladies!

Hope your days are GRAND!!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 03:17 PM   #25  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

I totallt disagreed with taking cub scouts away being that that is a place and probably the only place he feels accepted but had to compromise with DH. He was thinking of taking the whole thing away from him but I told him just for awhile then he can go back. In the meantime, I am still gonna work with him on his badges, etc. I wanted to put him in karate somethin but DH doesn't think that he'll last, he's some what a "sissy kid" and he won't make it. I told him that we need for him to try different things and keep him in what he's good at and that'll boost his self confidence but he doesn't agree. I don't know how his thinking goes sometimes. It totally frustrates me. I am a baker and I think since next month I might be making some good money then I'll probably sign him up for something. And I think soccer is coming this summer too. My husband doesn't have confidence in my son at all, I just don't know how to show him that he needs to believe in him and accept him in order for him to be stronger around others. My husband just doesn't understand it.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

tk, none of my kids were ever too much into team sports. They all did t-ball, etc, but got bored with it quickly. But I let them try different things and they all ended up finding something they enjoyed and could feel like they were good at - dance, swimming, and horseback riding. I hope you can find something for him and get DH on board.

lc, she is soooo cute. I love kitties, particularly all gray ones! I've had two that look like her. They are adorable! I love the name the girls picked.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #27  

tk - I really hope he can go back to scouting soon. I really feel scouts has so much to offer kids. It has really helped Brian to grow and I'm so proud when I see him going up to the Scoutmaster to get rank requirements signed off. Brian has gotten a lot of enjoyment out of gymnastics. He'll never be great but he has fun. The martial art suggestions sound good and I bet the rec center has reasonably priced classes. Good luck!

I went downtown for the start of the social study today. The orientation part was okay and I really like the counselor that is assigned to our case. It was so tough being in the room with Robert though. He was telling her that I was lying about the assault and then he refused to sign the release to let her get the police report. She can get a copy without his signature but it won't have as much detail. He said that the police were totally biased against him. I think she saw how he could be. I hope so. After this, all the interviews will be separate. She will also observe Brian interacting with each of us separately (different visits) from behind a window and she will talk to him. She will also make family visits to both houses and interview the family that Robert is staying with including both of their kids. He wouldn't admit in front of me if he had a job or not but said he would talk to her after I left.

I'm just glad to have this started.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Barb, I know you'll be glad when it's over, but you know you have nothing to worry about.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:36 PM   #29  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

HI! Wow what a week already! I spend my day at work working, and then I come home and do travel at night, but the travel part is fun, unlike the main job. It's really taking off and I can't believe it! I'm actually becoming.... successful? What? WOO HOO!

Still holding steady at 125, although I haven't been super strict or anything. I really should get back at it. Someone kick me in the pants please. Only another month and a half til bikini season and I'm not near ready yet, and I have a pool right out the back door of the apartment that I didn't get to use last year, so I'd like to take the little one to the pool. Where's Schatzi when I need a good drill sargent yelling at?

Kara, are you excited about Florida tomorrow? (Like I had to ask.) I'm so jealous! Go enjoy the beautiful white beaches of Ft. Walton Beach and Destin! Stop at Alvin's Island and get me a pencil or something. Just kidding. There used to be a place in Destin that had a boat dock right there for tours/boat rides and it had yummy slushy drinks. I believe it was called Fat Tuesdays, but they had like every flavor of slushy drink ever, and could even make them virgin (for people like me, as I haven't been there since I was 17.) We used to stay at the Destin Beach Club and thoroughly enjoyed it down there.

Well, better get on a healthy dinner before Tommy gets home and we have boxed Mac n Cheese or Spaghettios or something. Talk to you girls soon!

Lisa
Old 04-15-2008, 08:21 PM   #30  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Hmacneil, yeah, I fly. I've been a bit off my plan this week....but since I've been really good about it in weeks past, it hasn't been that big of a deal I didn't have time for my house blessing today either, but I'm going to do a bit tonight and finish the rest in the morning.

KO, a house blessing is a term coined by the Flylady. It's a home organization system. The home blessing hour consists of 10 minute spurts of simple tasks; changing sheets, vacuuming middles of rooms, taking out garbage, cleaning mirrors, dusting of horizontal surfaces, cleaning "hot spots" (clutter catcher areas), sweep/mop bathroom/kitchen floors. It really does wonders for making the house look presentable. In addition to the weekly home blessing, she gives little tasks for everyday of the week that usually take 15 minutes or so to complete that deep clean certain areas of the home. You can check it out for yourself @ flylady.net

Hubs and I went shopping this afternoon. Got the boys haircuts I've been looking for a lightweight white cardigan for awhile now and finally found one 40% off @ Lane Bryant. I got the smallest size and it was still a little big, but it's just for quick coverups @ church and during windy/chilly weather. It was worth it for the price. Just a note, they have all their hosiery (not spanx _) on sale for $1.99, definitely a great price to stock up. I got 4 pairs in my current size and 4 pairs in the next smallest size. We also stopped at Ann Taylor Loft ( <3 ), and I bought a black sleeveless shirt with a embroidered panel under the bust line. It's really cute.

mmk. Time to clean up a little. I'm not hungry at all, so hubs and I are waiting to eat dinner.

Last edited by zeffryn; 04-15-2008 at 08:27 PM.
Closed Thread