South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #16  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Cyndi, enjoy your walk this morning! I've always wondering what, exactly, is Beach Blanket Bingo?
I have no idea! Something about Saturday at the Beach just made me think of that silly 50s movie title. Never seen the movie but it makes me smirk. Also, I hadn't had coffee yet

The walk was quieter this year because we still have so much cold. We stayed for about 2/3 of the walk/drive then my neck got cranky and that was that.

LoriAnn - must be NY thing - we were getting into those screwdrivers pretty early too.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

What a scary story, Lorianne, you were certainly lucky that day! Coming from an "old country" traditional Italian family, I grew up with wine served at practically every meal. Maybe that's why none of us kids ever got into over-indulging.

Scmoodle and Nessa! Congratulations!!!!!! You've both worked hard at this and certainly deserve to see such good results!

The kids decided there was no such thing as me having a "quiet" day. Since I didn't feel like going to Monica's for the weekend, she asked if we could keep Carley until tomorrow, and is bringing her out later this afternoon. Of course, Amber wants to come over, too, so it'll be like a slumber party here! Good thing I went out and did my shopping earlier!
Old 04-05-2008, 04:29 PM   #18  

I've been at the Robotics competition all day. The team that Brian was on did really well. 19 out of 38 teams. This was their first year competing and some of these schools have competed for years. The other team from our school didn't get any points and ended up in last place but they tried really hard and kept their spirits up.

Brian is with his dad now and I'll get him soon. Robert did agree to drop him off for the campout next weekend. I hope he does it. And I found another one of the dads (from Robotics and scouts) who can do it is Robert falls through.

I got the paperwork for the social study. I've got to start filling that out and then I go for the orientation and interview on the 15th. I hope that goes well since that will determine custody. I know I have nothing to worry about but I worry just the same.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:03 PM   #19  

Barb. One day this will be all behind you, but in the meantime it must be terribly stressful. It's good that you have a lot of friends whom you can depend on for back-up. Just make sure you are seeing to your needs, too.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:44 AM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Looks like another spring-like day is going to happen. The lake in the dog yard has formed and did not freeze overnight so Hershey gets wet paws for a while. When it drains away, it'll be mud which is more of a problem.

Church at 8:30, coffee afterwards and then the day will be mine again. I will work in a Harry visit late afternoon and am going to try for a wee village walk with my poor neglected dog. Hersh has really gained weight since Lucy died - the two of them used to run around in the yard chasing squirrels, robins and each other. Now Hersh just sits or sleeps on the deck and dreams of the good old days.

Have a restful Sunday!
Old 04-06-2008, 07:04 AM   #21  

It's dark, dreary, and raining here. At least it's good for the flowers. I noticed yesterday that my PJM rhododendrens are getting ready to bloom.
I'm enjoying a quiet cup of coffee before everyone is up. Then we'll get ready to go for breakfast and a stop at Dad's to wish him a happy birthday. I have to think what to make for dinner today, too, since everyone will be here.

Get ready for muddy-paws days, Ruth!
Old 04-06-2008, 07:45 AM   #22  
Working on healthy

Good morning

Ruth - You're finally getting spring weather! I know you and Hersh will enjoy your walk.
I just realized that I can't see any snow when I look out my little window. I'm sure if I look out the other window I will, but I think I'll just look out this one

Cottage - at lest this time of year we know the rain really does lead to good things like flowers blooming

Nothing exciting here today. Yesterday was play day and today is cleaning day. That should be fun. We canceled our house cleaner this week because it stresses the cat out. At least I can break up the cleaning with a nice long walk outside.

I got a new bike yesterday! I don't have it at home yet but I did buy one. I'm so excited. I'm going to trade some of the boring inside exercise for bike rides around the neighborhood.

Well, I guess I can't put it off any longer. Off to clean. Have a good day Chicks!
Old 04-06-2008, 08:02 AM   #23  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Happy Sunday!! it's raining. I'm meeting a friend for coffee this morning.

Yesterday was another clean eating day! today will be too! I'd like 90 clean days in a row!

we got the bike but it's still in the van... a nice recumbent bike.
we ate out and I did great then we came home and i had chinese food but i had them make mine with extra light sauce no cornstarch... it was perfect... and i used brown rice.

today is cleaning and laundry too!

have a great sunday folks.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:50 AM   #24  

It looks like it will be a nice Sunday. I'm stuck working from home from 7 - 4:45 today but I will be able to take a break to drop Brian at Sunday school. So far it looks like the upgrade went well so it may be quiet and I can get other stuff done while working the command center.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:55 AM   #25  
Working on healthy

Hey Nessa - I almost forgot....

I'm going to do a little more reading about the Beck program. Now that I'm looking toward maintenance I need a long term strategy that includes more than food. I didn't get to my high weight because I didn't know what healthy food choices are, I got there because for me eating is a lot more complicated than just the things I put on my plate. What do you think of the Beck program so far?

thanks!
Old 04-06-2008, 10:23 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Beautiful day here, going to plant some trees and work outside. aaaah, spring.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:24 AM   #27  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Busy weekend here! I haven't read all of the posts but wanted to check in. We went to see "Horton" yesterday with my parents and sister and niece and it was very cute! Then Kadyn slept over at my parents and Avery kept getting out of the house (front AND back doors) so I couldn't get on the computer, lest I be distracted. Now we've got church in a couple minutes, lunch with my grandparents, a bit of grocery shopping, and a stop at Target for on-sale shoes for the kids. Whew!

Krystal, Tom's full name is Ian Thomas. He's a junior. Both he and his dad go by Tom! Isn't that funny?! Evidently, his parents intended to call him "Ian" but his mom said it sounded like such a grown up name for a little baby, so they went with "Tom". He's still "Tommy" (to distinguish from his dad) when he's back home, which cracks Connor up! Connor's middle name is actually Thomas as well; he's the fifth generation to have Thomas as a middle name in the family. Unfortunately (), Tom's dad's brother got the "better" family name - Murdoch! I don't mind passing on "Thomas"!!!

Gotta get the girls ready. I'll try to check in later!

Kara
Old 04-06-2008, 10:25 AM   #28  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
Morning Cyndi!!! No Beach Blanket for me...it is storming here...has been thundering and lightening all night long and under a tornado watch. I got up at 3 to get work done just in case the power goes out. Not complaining about the water though...my big magnolia tree in the front was looking kind of droppy in the leaves, so this torrent is just what it needed to get water down to the roots. Hope it does let up later on so I can go to the grocery store. I was going to go yesterday afternoon, but had a tiny little mole removed, then was too lazy to go "big shopping" and just picked up a couple of things at the organic store across the street from the restaurant we went to after the dr. appt.

Oh, and Zeffryn...you asked where other La'ians were from on another thread yesterday. I'm from N.O. but have lived on the northshore for years. Came here (Hammond) to go to college and never left. Believe it or not, my husband and I went to your area for our honeymoon! (second marriage for me) He was teaching at the time and was taking a class during the summer, so we only had 2.5 days...so we decided to go stay at Chretian Point Plantation. Funny story...when we got there it was storming and the electricity had gone out...so we decided to go out and eat. We went to Enola Prudhomme's and the power was out, but they had gas stoves, so we could eat even though it was hot as hades with no air condition. We were waiting for our food and all of a sudden heard a huge uproar from the kitchen...all kinds of yelling and screaming. A few minutes later, the waitress brought the food out for the table next to ours. The guy looked at his food and said "This isn't what I ordered". Enola came out of the kitchen at the same time (not in a good mood) and told the guy "Eat it anyway, you'll like it!". (for those not from here, she is chef Paul's sister) We left and went to Prejeans which was fantastic as always. It was a great honeymoon! The guy who owned Chretien Point at the time told us that the pool was very dark at night that was next to the bayou, so skinny dipping could go unnoticed if we wanted to sneak out late at night. Before it got dark, he brought a bottle of wine out to the pool and the 3 of us drank the whole thing...had a blast.
Hello! I came down here because my husband is teaching at ULL....not sure if we're staying all that long, but it's nice while it lasts.

Chretien Point is beautiful. I just brought my parents there while they visited recently. I would love to stay there for a night for a quick little get-away with hubs.

I've never heard of Enola Prudhommes, but it sounds fantastic. We eat at Prejeans once in awhile, it's only about a mile or so from our home.

Did you get much of that storm yesterday? We got a little bit during the middle of the night, but nothing more. The wind did ruin a few of my newly planted flowers, though. It was nice to feel the air the next morning and NOT have a ton of humidity. I love a good thunderstorm down here.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:28 AM   #29  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Thankfully our son slept late this morning (he just woke up). We went to bed late last night ( we bought another season of Scrubs and I can't turn it off)

I now have to tackle breakfast. Hubs wants eggs, Calvin wants pancakes. Like always.

After that it's off to my in-laws for an afternoon visit.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:42 AM   #30  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

just sitting here at caribou coffee on the free wifi having a fat free sugar free caramel vanilla coffee... wanted to say HI!
Closed Thread