About Those Roasted Chickpeas

• I love them; however, I do try to limit them because of the oil content. Most every recipe I've seen calls for 2 T of olive oil for one can of beans (which I make into 4 servings). I saw a recipe the other day which only called for 1 tsp of oil! I so hope this works, and I plan to try it as soon as I can get to the store and buy another can.

The instructions said to roast the chickpeas for twenty minutes and to shake them a little bit half way through. Then to take them out, put into a bowl and add the oil and whatever spices you use. Then place them back in he oven for another 5-10 min.

Has anyone tried this method and were the results good?
  • I am obsessed with roasted chickpeas!!! However, I have not tried that method...I have just been adding the spices and oil before roasting. The only problem I have is getting them roasted evenly. I would be interested to hear how this other method works!
  • You'd probably have to spray down your pan so they don't stick.

Mary, I open the oven door and shake the pan every fifteen minutes or so. They come out pretty evenly done that way.

Kara
  • i put the oil in the pan
    i roast for 20 minutes
    i stir
    then i shake every 10 minutes till they rattle
    then i shut the door
    turn off the heat
    and leave them to cool IN THE OVEN
  • Kara and Nessa--thanks for the tips! I think the perfect roasted chickpeas is an art that must be perfected over time.
  • Quote: Kara and Nessa--thanks for the tips! I think the perfect roasted chickpeas is an art that must be perfected over time.
    yep, you gotta find what works for you...