South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 11:02 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm glad you had a nice birthday get-away, Laurie! Did you go to Saratoga? There's a tea room there that I just adore, Mrs. London's Tearoom. Her baked goodies are definitely not Beachy, but, OMG!!!!! I took Maggie to the store on Friday and let her pick out some special things for her recovery, and we did stock up on ice cream! Doctors nowadays recommend that you eat a lot of chewy, scratchy type foods, though, to prevent a scab from forming on the scar. Apparently, that could cause all sorts of complications. We went through all this a couple of years ago with Audrey, too. It's genetic on their daddy's side of the family.

TK, I'm glad you've recovered!

GONNA, looks like we're sharing your rain! I hope you get your walk in, and thanks for the hug for Maggie. I'll make sure I give it to her!

weezle, have a good day, and slow down!

Fluffy, have a good OP day!

Cat, you poor thing, I hope you are able to get caught up quickly!
Old 03-31-2008, 11:33 AM   #17  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Fluffy...word of mouth mostly. Local clients usually find me through search engines.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:02 PM   #18  
RNMOM

Default The snow...

OK Ruthie, you've definitely got me beat! YUK. The snow is beautiful in December but NOT April.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:52 PM   #19  

RNMom - Welcome back, It's always good to see you!

Fluffy - I don't think he meant to be vengeful when he took the stuff he considered his but I will have to watch him like a hawk when he comes to get stuff even if that means it takes forever. I think this happened on the trip when he only had one guy who had a bad back with him and so I was carrying stuff to the truck. No more of that for me!

I did get to the fabric store and spent quite a bit to get the thread I needed. The shiny stuff is over $6 a spool! Anyway, I am almost done sewing his patches on while working. I'll make it all work out.

I was in my late 20"s when I finally got my tonsils out. I remember it as being pretty unpleasant but I guess it gets worse as you get older and they grow. Sometimes ice cream can upset the stomach if there is some bleeding. I think sherbet worked better for me. Hopefully it won't be too bad for Maggie.

The weather looks nice here now but they say we may get hail and strong storms later as the cold front goes through. It was nice for the Arrow of Light on Saturday night and that was the important thing.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:13 PM   #20  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hello chickies, just popping in quick to say hello. My house has been full of sick kids for weeks now, and I have been up to my eyebrows in fundraising. Things should start to slow down after the trade show on sat. And hopfully I will be able to be back in on a daily basis. I don't do well when I am not here. I do miss you chicks and think about you often. A big hug to all and a big hello to all the newbies. Talk to you soon. LC
Old 03-31-2008, 05:30 PM   #21  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Alright girlies, I'm going to need your help. After thinking long and hard, I'm going back to SBD, including Ph1, starting day after tomorrow. (Going to the store tomorrow.) The hard part for me before was giving up beer and potatoes, and I really don't drink a whole heck of a lot anymore, so no beer is fine by me. It's going to be giving up potatoes and lack of my infamous Bathroom Celebrations that's going to be the hard part. I figure it's just 2 weeks, right?

I'm searching through the Ph1 entrees to find something yummy and easy that I can vegetarianize so I don't get bored. I'm definitely making my Refried Bean Soup to help increase my celebrations (poor Tommy.) Guess I need to stock up on Beano too while I'm at the store.

Just wish me luck. I think I can do it again. I'm just so sluggish and have had a lot more sugar and other junk than I'm used to now that I have a man in the house. Figures. And he has a hard time keeping weight ON. That makes it harder. No more Oreos for breakfast for me.

SO, that's it. I've decided it. I'm doing it again. Wish me luck!

Lisa
Old 03-31-2008, 08:02 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Lisa! I know you can do it!
Old 03-31-2008, 09:12 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Lisa,

I actually have no trouble with celebrations, you just have to make sure that you include LOTS of fiber-containing veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, and of course - the hummus!

I GOT A WALK IN TODAY!!!

It meant not going grocery shopping, but I got a really good walk in. Up hill, down hill, broke into a jog (pushing the stroller even) a couple times. I'm feeling it now, but not too badly.
Closed Thread