South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-01-2008, 09:11 PM   #16  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Well I will say that I also did not flash my boobies, nor did I throw up in the street and I also did NOT wee-wee anywhere except in the privacy of a bathroom. I did not get drunk, but I did very much enjoy the frozen beverages! I like to have 2-3 drinks and enjoy music and dancing. I don't like to drink more as it just puts me to sleep!
But, there were quite a number of women flashing boobs on the street in the quarter and it was NOT Mardi Gras. I didn't see anyone throwing up or whizzing on buildings. We did not venture off the main streets.
Just wanted to clarify that I was not condoning, nor encouraging these behaviors.
Karla
SkinnyDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:57 AM   #17  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Oh, Karla, I KNEW you weren't a flasher!!
The whizzing is usually during Mardi Gras and often down side streets during the rest of the year.
True Story. One Lundi Gras, my husband and I were in the quarter and went into one of those bars that has the double sets of opened french doors in the front. The bar was about 15 feet or so from the side walk. I kid you not, some guy was standing about 3 feet to the left of me and all of a sudden I see a puddle...yep, he was "going" right up against the beautiful old carved bar. I couldn't believe it.

There is a really hilarious song by Benny Grunch and the Bunch about that called "Ain't no place to pee on Mardi Gras Day"...wish I could find an mp3 for you to listen to.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

I have been to NO a few times and a friend of mine is from there!

I have to say if you like Jimmy Buffett you must check out his restaurant, I have been told he drops in from time to time to give a show

I always wanted to see the swamps, we took at tour, yeah it was a little cheesy, but really it was sooo totally cool!

The "Slurpee" stands are classic, when I was there last they had drive through ones!

What is the famous ice cream thing there? Snow balls I think...soo yummy!!!

HAVE FUN!!!
movielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:09 PM   #19  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Well, I may make out well, eating-wise. Hardly any temptations...don't drink, don't eat seafood, the begnets just don't sound worth the calories...as long as I stay away from that pastry shop Cat posted about I should be OK!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:18 PM   #20  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Kara - My favorite place to go in N.O. is the Jamie Hayes Gallery. He's in the French Quarter at 621 Chartres St. Once when DH and I visited we did one of those walking tours, the Vampire one, because DH is a big Anne Rice fan. Slightly hokey, but a lot of fun. Plus it's exercise.

I don't drink or eat seafood either, but there's still some tempting food in N.O. (Feel free to stop in Pensacola and see me.)
dixied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:21 PM   #21  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

DEE! Tom's at Hurlbert Field! I'm flying into Pensacola!!!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #22  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Kara - Let me know if you need help getting around Pensacola.
dixied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:46 PM   #23  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I see there are a few fellow louisianians on the board.

Where from?
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote