3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   How successful has South Beach been for you? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/138029-how-successful-has-south-beach-been-you.html)

nightmere 03-25-2008 06:32 PM

How successful has South Beach been for you?

Hi everyone! I have done SB before, but only made it a few weeks before I fell off the wagon. I have a trip to Hawaii and a high school best friend's wedding coming up.... so I feel I need to get in gear. It worked for me before, I just need to stick with it.
My question for you guys is, how much have you lost on SB? Thanks ahead of time! And for all of the great info on here! Nightmere :listen:

Schmoodle 03-25-2008 07:28 PM

Hi nightmere,
I have lost 55 lbs total, all of it on South Beach. I started May of last year, so I am coming up on my anniversary before too long. I have not been perfect, but overall I found it fairly easy to stick to. The first time I tried SB however, I only lasted a few weeks. The difference the second time around was I had found 3fc and followed all the advice and tips on this website. Most importantly, not to follow the menus in the book for the first part of PH2 to the letter, but to add Phase 2 foods back gradually. Don't know if that was your issue, but thought I'd mention it in case...
Good luck to you!

murphmitch 03-25-2008 08:13 PM

I lost 8# in the first two weeks on Phase I & then 9# over the last 9 weeks on Phase II for a total of 17#. That's better than Weight Watchers did for me & I was much more satisfied and find it easier to eat what my family is eating or at restaurants or family functions.

mitzie44 03-25-2008 11:25 PM

I have lost 31 pounds so far but am in a rut right now. Even with this going on, I am much better with SB than I have with other plans.

xGurlyGrlx 03-26-2008 12:18 AM

I have lost almost 30lbs. SBD is very easy to follow and I don't feel deprived at all. I agree with Schmoodle, this website makes it very easy. The recipes alone make the difference plus you get support from people doing the same thing. It's great! Good luck!

ladybugnessa 03-26-2008 08:20 AM

61.8 pounds since May 2006!

Pacergal29 03-26-2008 08:49 AM

I started the same as schmoodle, may of last year. I hit my goal weight around Thanksgiving of almost 30 pounds lost. Since then my body decided on its own to drop another 5 and I have been sucessfully maintaining at 110 for about a month now.

This wonderful group of chicks is the main reason I have stuck with it, I never would have made it this far without them!

FluffyK 03-26-2008 09:09 AM

This group has helped me stick with things wonderfully, but SB has given me 5 lbs off in the last month. That's a great thing for me!

Ruthxxx 03-26-2008 09:30 AM

Here's a thread with lots of replies to this recurring question.

pamatga 03-26-2008 01:26 PM

This is the only food plan I will follow

I began SBD on January 1st of this year. I have found it to be the easiest food plan to follow. As I mentioned to my DH, the Dr. developed it for his diabetic and cardiac patients. You are eating foods that will help control your blood sugar and reduce your chances of developing heart disease. How much more could you ask? As Dr. A. said, that was his first intention, and the weight lose was an added bonus.

That is how I see this food plan for me. It's a three-fer! I have lost 16 lbs since January 1st. I did have to relose 9 of those when I went back home and really fell off the plan but I didn't have a problem getting right back on and following it again. So, maybe you could say I have lost 16 lbs plus 9 lbs= 25 lbs. total.

I plan on following this way of eating until my last breathe.;)

blondywants2bethin 03-27-2008 09:49 PM

ive been on SB for over three months started on January 16th,2008 and finally found something that worked for me :carrot::dust:

CyndiM 03-27-2008 10:02 PM

I started 10/1/07 and have lost 57 lbs so far. I couldn't have gotten this far without all the recipes, info, and support here!

happyteacher 03-27-2008 11:59 PM

I have lost 25 since Jan. 28. I hav had some rough weeks though so I am sure it could have been more!

pounds off 03-28-2008 07:13 AM

When I first went on south beach in 2003, I did really well. I lost 45 pounds with little effort. I slowly went off the plan and gained back more than half of what I lost. This time around, I am finding it much more difficult to lose. I some medical factors that keep me from exercising and some medications that cause weight gain. I could kick myself for gaining back what I did. Its really slow going this time, i'm losing about a pound a month. As frustrating as it is, I remind myself that its still much better than gaining a pound a month and I also get the added health benefits of good nutrition.

ThinAgainBeginAgain 03-28-2008 08:58 AM

I've lost 30 since early November. Good luck!!