South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #1  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Cool Sometimes I fear...Sometimes I have anxiety over...

Sometimes thoughts just pop into my head. I try to not dwell on them too long. This morning I am thinking of some of the same old fears that creep into my head.

I thought maybe others would want to share some similar fears or anxieties. If you have ways that you work through those fears/anxieties, please share!

I fear that I will never get to ultimate goal weight. I have lost weight numerous times over the past 20 years and each time I lose up to about 60 pounds and then I lose momentum. I bargin with myself at that point that I will maintain for a bit and then get to losing again. This never has happened, I have maintained for up to about 2 years before at the partial goal and then slowly gained weight back.
I don't want this to happen again.
One difference this go round is I am not trying to reach any specific weight by any specific date. I have no upcoming wedding, reunion, etc to lose weight for. I am simply trying to be healthy. I want to be able to like the body I see in the mirror and to be able to wear normal sized clothing.
The second difference this time is that I have begun intentional, consistent exercise.

Karla

Last edited by SkinnyDogMom; 03-27-2008 at 12:10 PM.
SkinnyDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:26 PM   #2  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

Skinny...fear/anxiety and I know each other all too well!! You are not alone. When thoughts tend to become overwhelming...i break my day into smaller intervals...Whatever increment works at the time whether it be trying to get thru the hour, the next 15 minutes, or even the next 5 minutes.(i usually have to use 5 minutes) I just tell myself..if i can get thru the next 5 minutes and keep myself busy enought to not think about it then i'll be ok...don't worry about the next 5 minutes don't even think about it..you will cross that bridge when you come to it. Just do whatever you have to do to get you through these 5 minutes (or 15 or 30 whichever u think u can handle). Sounds kind of silly but it works. Before you know it, you got through a few hours and you are fine.

Another trick I use that I read about somewhere is I close my eyes and picture a ball of yarn unwinding and focus on nothing but that. Allow your body to relax and if those thoughts creep into the picture you acknowledge them and say "thank you for reminding me but right now i need time for me and I will deal with you later." It sounds really corny and I thought so too when I read it, but it really does work. I forget where I read it though. I know it had something to do with dealing with illness. I will try to find it if you are interested.

Also, I HIGHLY recommend reading The Secret by Rhonda Byrnes to EVERYONE. I actually bought the CD so I can listen to it on my way to and from work. I listen to it often. It teaches you about the law of attraction and how negative thoughts attract more negative thoughts and positive attracts positive (like attracts like). It really has helped me change my way of thinking and has helped me get through some pretty rough times.
JerseyGirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:41 PM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Wow, Jersey, thanks for all the great tips! We can all use some ammunition like that at difficult times!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #4  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

anytime Kara
JerseyGirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:52 PM   #5  
SeaWave

I've come to realize that for me, this feeling comes from a feeling of losing control. I've recently begun a mantra, I guess you can call it, where I tell myself "I am who I have chosen to be". It seems to wrap it all up for me, in a short and easy-to-remember phrase, and snaps me out of it quite quickly.

Hopefully it won't start becoming old to me and not work anymore!
Old 03-27-2008, 03:39 PM   #6  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Good tips from everyone.

Skinnydog - Although I don't share the same fear as you....I have many myself. The biggest one being that when I get to my goal weight, my body won't be what I want it to be and I will feel disappointed. I also fear that I will be more self conscious and less happy with my body. I hear people talking about the loose skin and saggy thighs. It might sound weird but sometimes I think if I remain fat...there is still the dream of having the "perfect" body. I know when I get to goal...it will not be the vision I have. Does that make sense? I know its better to be smaller and healthier...but those thoughts come into my mind on occasion. Anyone else?
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote