South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 04:48 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Monday's Managing Chat!

Hey all. Sorry to not stop in here after Saturday morning. My eyes are so sore from all the crying! I miss the guys! I knew it was going to be hard to bring them into Lollypop, but I never imagined it would be that hard. I couldn't help myself, I told myself I wasn't going to cry, that the cry on the way there would suffice,... but nooooo.... I bawled in there. The lady was nice and listened to me as I told her I wanted to talk before just giving her the cats.... she listened and explained what I was trying to convince myself, unsuccessfully, that I was doing the right thing, the cats were old and their bodies shutting down. She said it would of been meaner to take them back home and have them suffer, which is what I already knew. confirmation.

It is hard looking at the couches not seeing them on the back of them. Or to have Gideon crying at my door the past two nights wanting to sleep with me, most night's I'd let him. He would lay alongside me, insisit I put my arm out so he could cuddle! for fifteen years they both have been loyal cats. And Jade keeps going to their spots crying, as if to ask "where are my brothers"? I've gathered all the cat supplies and am going to give them to my sister who has two cats. (Only she has two cats, a dog, a turtle, two rabits and an iquana!!!!! with three kids and a husband I told her she should charge for her zoo!)

OK, so I started losing again, down to 183 again, finally. But yesterday I went totally off plan due to lack of food in house. Not only did we have calzone last night, but I also had a pb & j on potato bread!!!! sigh... but the scale still went down this morning from yesterday morning. Perhaps it's because thats all I ate all day?

Anyway, will pop in here today to see hwo you all are doing!

hugs.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:53 AM   #2  
Determined to lose!

OH, ps.... we also picked out our floors, the vinyl for the kitchen/bathroom, and the carpet for the entire place. I decided that painting the panel would be too much work. Besides, it's a honey/brown, a very warm color. No, it's not the real stuff, it's only vaneer crap. But I will be painting the bathroom and my bedroom. going to order the carpet today, and see if they can install the vinyl, and when.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Top of the morning to you! I'm not Irish but I am wearing green today. Today is the last day of my vacation, I pick up Cindy and the girls from the airport late this afternoon. I'm looking forward to hearing the girls tell me all about their trip! If they're not too worn out, we may bake some Irish Soda Bread this evening.
This morning I have to run some errands, so that will keep me busy.

Loriann, that was a very hard decision to make, but you did the right thing. At least you know they're not suffering. Making plans for redecorating was a nice way to take your mind off of it.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:35 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Loriann, my heart is aching along with yours. It's a very hard thing but the right thing to do. We are the stewards of Creation. The pain does ease but will be with you for a long time.

Woke before six this morning and thought I'd be able to start us off with an Irish greeting but am still dragging a bit early in the mornings. My corned beef is in the crockpot and I may even treat myself to a small potato. After all, it IS The Feast of St. Patrick.! I'm very Irish on both sides of the family tree and would be fired as matriarch of the family if I didn't do corned beef today! I bought the very tiniest piece - under a pound - and am having Rob here for dinner so will be nearly OP.

Dawn is cracking very clear and cold in the east. I notice the sunrise is moving further north which is a great sign. Now if I could just see a robin or hear the Canada geese, I'd believe that spring is coming. Changing my avatar a bit didn't really do it!

May your Monday be well-managed!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:36 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, Cottage, everyone is Irish today! I may make some Irish Soda Bread too.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:11 AM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

oh Loriann I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:22 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

A Saint Pat's day toast to everyone:
"May you be in heaven a 1/2 an hour before the devil knows your're dead! "(gee, that's grim, huh?)

I'm wearing a new green leaf print skirt today. (One of my Grandfathers was Irish and I had an Irish maiden name, so I gotta wear green, right?)

Loriann, I am so very sorry about the kitties. And I know the pain you are going through. I've had to have 2 dogs put down within the last couple of years (One on the day I left for my Dad's funeral!) and it really hurts.

Nothing exiting happening here today. But yesterday was kind of strange. I usually go to Walmart on Sunday mornings very early to stock up on turkey stuff (I like their turkey cutlets) but I got hung up working for a client and then puttered in the garden for a while so didn't get there at my usual time. I also had to go to Lowe's for some garden stuff. I passed up Walmart to hit lowe's first and the saw that the whole Walmart parking lot was "taped off". There were a ton of police and sherriff's officers there all gathered in the middle of the lot. I thought "OMG, I wonder if there was a murder or something?" I found out at Lowe's that there had been a bomb threat! This is a fairly small town...pretty peaceful. Probably some idiot with too much time on their hands. I ended up going to the fruit/vegetable market and got catfish instead. Had I gone to Walmart at my usual time, I would have gotten caught up in all that mess of having to evacuate the building/parking lot in a hurry. whew!

Last edited by femmecreole; 03-17-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:30 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks.... Happy St Patricks Day... just a bit of info for ya's. Green is not the offical color of Ireland. It is blue. Just learned that this morning. So I learned something new today.

Loriann- so sorry to hear about your kittys. I am sending you a big hug.
Cottage- enjoy the rest of your day, and I am sure your little girlys will have a ton of stories for you.
Ruth- enjoy your dinner

Me- not much still working hard on "its a girl thing" We have 36 tables booked so far, my goal was 50 but I told myself I would be happy with 30. Fundraising has been really busy for us as we go to Halifax the end of April so time it getting closer. Eating is not so good. But I am on track so far today which is kinda of funny as I have only had breakfast.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:30 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Femme, we were posting at the same time. Enjoy your day.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Loriann - You poor thing.. I haven't had to put down any pets. My dog is 11 years old, and we're hoping he just doesn't wake up one morning. He's a good old dawg. Good job on the weight loss, though. Don't forget to take care of yourself now - get some nice fresh veggies and some berries and make yourself something delish.

Cat - EEEK!! Sometimes a delay is good, I guess!

I have two kids home with a bad cold. Aaaah-choo. I'm feeling gross this morning - wonder what it was that I ate? I thought I was pretty good, but who knows. I'm sitting here looking at my breakfast that I made but just can't get a bite in my stomach. Yuck.

I was supposed to go shopping today, but I'm not dragging two whiney sick kids with me. Just can't do that. I'm thinking I need to go lay down a bit again. *sigh*
Old 03-17-2008, 09:10 AM   #11  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Wow I totally forgot it was St. Patrick's day. And yet I am wearing the greenest sweater I own. All of my clothes feel wrong even though I am not showing at all yet. I hate them all, especially my boots that I wear every day, but I am not wearing maternity clothes yet!! Sorry...I am extremely moody this morning. Work has not been fun lately and I did not want to get out of bed.

Bleghhhh...
Old 03-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #12  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Yes I have my green on as I am part Irish. Sorry I didn't get to check in on you gals over the weekend as it was a very busy one with errands on Saturday and dh softball stuff on Sunday and still I found no easter dress so I will just wear what I have Hope everyone is wearing their green today so they don't get pinched - be back in a bit to do personals
Old 03-17-2008, 09:37 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Yes, I am in green head to toe - green sweats and sweatshirt lol, but hey, it counts right?
Made sure the kids had green too, so they won't have to spend the day getting pinched.
I am still showing down a pound today so I guess it's official and I'll go ahead and change my ticker. It'll be tight to make the March goal but still a possibility! Only one more pound until I'm in the 180's and I'm pretty excited about that. Seems more significant than making it to onederland even did.

Loriann, your kitties are better off now, but I know it's so hard. You will grieve them.
Ruth, thanks a "well-managed" Monday is exactly what I am striving for. Enjoy your cb&c. I am part Irish, DH is all French and Italian, although his first name is Irish (I think it was the "style" in France in the 50's), so today is actually his feast day, not that we celebrate that stuff. But I decided to treat him to tortellinis for dinner, and potato soup for the kids - that's pretty Irish!
Hi Nessa!
Glad you didn't get stuck in the mess, Cat!
lc, one meal at a time!
Get some rest and feel better Fluff!
Jessie, if any of us have an excuse to be moody it's you! That first trimester can be challenging.
Good Morning Gonna!

Have a great Monday chicks!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Happy St. Patrick's Day to Everyone!!!!

Loriann, I'm so sorry about your kitties. That's such a very hard thing to do. I cried for months after our pup passed away; everytime I looked at the places she would lie or sit or whenever I'd think of a memory of times with her. It does get easier with time, but loving on the pets you have also helps. I know our bunnies gave me a peace that I didn't find anywhere else during that time. I hope you find ways to heal and take comfort in remembering what a wonderful 15 years you gave them--something many, many kitties could only dream of! Congrats on the loss! Is there anything you could put away in the freezer or cupboards as an "emergency stash" for times when you're all out of food?

Hi, Cottage! Happy St. Pat's to you! I believe what they say is true: "Everyone's Irish on St. Patty's Day!" I'm not Irish either, but my husband is, so I try to count myself as Irish by marriage. I hope you have a peaceful morning and a wonderful evening! I don't know what recipe you have for soda bread, but I was amazed when I went over to Ireland to find that everwhere we went, the only soda bread you saw/ate was a brown one...it's DELICIOUS and totally SBD safe (as long as you eat it with good fats rather than yummy Irish butter... ). The recipe I linked to calls for "bread flour" but I think I'd just substitute whole wheat pastry flour (or "white whole wheat flour"--same thing!) for it. I bet it'd be fine. Actually, one reviewer said she made the whole thing with WW flour and it was good, so you could try that too!

Ruth, I hope your avatar is a pic from your very own garden...is it so? I'm SO ready for spring in my heart, but not ready at all in reality--we have so much to do to get the garden stuff planned--and as I've mentioned before, I still don't have my Christmas decorations down from the outside of the house!!! We don't have any lights on--it's not THAT bad--but they are still up there! I feel awful about that...I have to take them down on Tuesday, come **** or high water (but I pray I don't have to wrest icicles from them...). I think your dinner sounds lovely. As totally un-Irish as my family is, we still had the whole dinner every St. Patty's Day. My grandmother made it and I have no idea why, since she was Icelandic and my grandfather was German! Nonetheless, I'm glad for the legacy--DH is part Irish and so I'm glad to know how to make a great dinner! Have fun with Rob!

Nessa!

Cat, I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. So glad you weren't involved in that, even if it was just a prank. Hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy your lovely skirt--it sounds just the thing!

LC-- "I am on track so far today which is kinda of funny as I have only had breakfast. " Me too, come to think of it! I think 36 tables is TREE-MENDOUS, girl! That's great work and you should be proud of it! Will you be in Halifax for a vacation? Some people at my retreat were just talking about being there during a cruise they took last year. They said it's a wonderful place!

Oh, Fluffy, it sounds like you're getting sick too, sweetie! Is the flu going 'round out there? If so, you might want to try Oscillococcinum if you can get your hands on some. It's a homeopathic thingy that works kind of like a zinc lozenge for colds--reduces the symptoms and duration of the flu. I've used it and was shocked at how well it worked, since I'm usually suspicious of homeopathic things. In the meantime, get some sleep and let DH do the shopping--or do it tomorrow when you feel better. I've heard most people who have gotten the flu this year have had a dickens of a time getting rid of it, so do your best to avoid it if you can!

Me:
Well, I'm wearing my green! St. Pat's has been very weird for us--last year it was on a Saturday and perfect for partying our hearts out, but I woke up unable to breathe from coughing so hard and we were in the ER for several hours, so we didn't do anything! This year, it falls during Holy Week, so our priest moved the parish celebration to last Friday and I wasn't home. There are tons of local celebrations here (we have a huge Irish population!), but DH and I both work and then we have dog obedience class tonight. If we were younger, we'd probably try to go out after getting back with the pup, but knowing us, I bet we'll just stay home. I don't remember what I planned to make for dinner, but I know it's not Irish...I was gone all weekend and with working all day, there's just not time to do it up right.

I'm off to the gym before tonight's activities. One of the women at my retreat is a yoga instructor, so she led a class yesterday morning before breakfast. It was divine! I need to get my behind into a yoga class regularly!!! It's not going to happen this week with all the Holy Week services, but I'm putting it on high priority starting next week!

Hope everyone has a magical, lovely St. Pat's!

Last edited by beachgal; 03-17-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:59 AM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I wanted to run something past you guys as the past 2 weeks I have been feeling very weak, fatigued, shaky like my sugar level is low I also have been feeling hungrier more so than normal - I am not on phase 1 so I know it's not that. TOM will be coming any day now would that have anything to do with the way I feel? I was wondering if this lil situation is what caused the scale to go up on me last week cause I sure don't want that to happen this week. Any feed back would be great.

Closed Thread