3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   OMG Hummus! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/137043-omg-hummus.html)

cathbro 03-14-2008 04:24 PM

OMG Hummus!

I tried it for the first time and it is delicious! The brand is Wild Garden. Can anyone direct me to more good Hummus products? I can't believe it is soooooo good. I ate it with celery:D I did not know what else to do with it.:shrug::lol:

audreymonroe 03-14-2008 04:36 PM

I usually buy a brand called Tribe, and I get the original, but whatever you think is yummy is great. It's awesome with carrots too, and if you have room for a little carb-action, whole wheat pita bread.

shrinkinglizzy 03-14-2008 04:52 PM

great as a sandwich spread, with any raw veggies as a dip...

SAnativegirl 03-14-2008 04:53 PM

I have not tried those brands, but have tried Athenos-I like the spicy pepper one with celery sticks.

cottagebythesea 03-14-2008 05:17 PM

My favorite brand is Sabra. It's lighter and creamier than most other brands. Also pricier, but worth every penny IMHO. :)

cathbro 03-14-2008 05:23 PM

Great! :) All of those brands are available in my area.:carrot:

Suzanne 3FC 03-14-2008 05:57 PM

I like to make my own :T

macygrl 03-14-2008 06:56 PM

hummus snack packs at Costco...

I just bought a "snackers pack" of Tribe hummus at Costco today. It has 16 little 2 oz hummus "snack" size regular and roasted garlic flavors. Its pretty good, the garlic is pretty strong...I am still trying to find new ideas of how to eat it :D

lbug 03-15-2008 08:19 AM

I buy Cedars Original Hummus Tahini- its yummy. My favorite way to have it is spread on a piece of oven roasted turkey breast and roll it up. I've used it as a sandwich spread also. I've seen all kinds of different flavors at our grocery store in Mass- I tried artichoke & spinach , and roasted red pepper hummus- but I'm not sure of the name but I'll check next time I go shopping.

Ruthxxx 03-15-2008 08:48 AM

Why not make your own and save a bundle? This is a good recipe. I add red peppers or spinach or canned chopped artichokes to mine and it's yummy! If you can't find tahini, add sesame oil instead of olive or peanut butter. I do mine in my little food processor.

ladybugnessa 03-15-2008 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cottagebythesea (Post 2100273)
My favorite brand is Sabra. It's lighter and creamier than most other brands. Also pricier, but worth every penny IMHO. :)

i love the sabra roasted garlic and i get it at Costco by the quart!

I also love the trader joe's roasted chipolte pepper hummus.

MandiK 03-15-2008 10:09 PM

Sometimes I take a hard boiled egg, remove the yolk and then stuff the egg white with hummus... it's good! I also like it with carrots/celery and pita chips! I haven't tried a brand I haven't liked :)

Scarletbegonias 03-16-2008 01:34 AM

I found hummus today for the first time and I'm in love with it! I found a few good recipes today on foodnetwork.com, and I've been enjoying my hummus with Newmans Own Organic Pretzel Rods...mmmm

ladybugnessa 03-16-2008 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarletbegonias (Post 2101851)
I found hummus today for the first time and I'm in love with it! I found a few good recipes today on foodnetwork.com, and I've been enjoying my hummus with Newmans Own Organic Pretzel Rods...mmmm

not sure those pretzel rods are beachy however.

lbug 03-16-2008 07:53 AM

Thanks for the great idea-- I'm having my son's Birthday party today and I'll try the egg recipe.
Ruthxxx-Thanks, I'll try that. Did you post the peanut butter cup recipe last week? If so, it was delicious!

Lisa