South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 07:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Cluckings

I can't believe it! I indulged in a bit of a sleep-in, and I'm still the first one here!

I'm going to get my coffee going, but I"ll be back in a flash.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:20 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage. I've got a full pot of coffee - want a cup?

I'm just starting slow, making ,my to do list for the next three days. I am taking most of today off, just have a mailing to process. I brought the pieces home because it's still easier to do at home and will take 1/4 of the time without interruptions. I'm going to try to get out for a walk again before the weather starts. It was sooo nice to walk outside yesterday!

Smells like my cereal is ready so I'll be back! I've become addicted to Bob's Red Mill 5 grain cereal with homemade apple/pear sauce.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:23 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good for you, Cottage. You NEVER sleep in! CindiM, please pass me a bowl of that cereal - it sounds good.

Hersh and I were up before seven after a late night. The Pypers didn't come for Bailey until after ten and then we had to talk, have pizza, etc. They were very tired and Glen had work this morning so they didn't stay overnight. It was interesting and fun having two dogs again except Bailey made me think about (and miss) my Lucy.

Today I need to go to the next Village for a wee shop and maybe a Library visit. I plan to organize my taxes later and will get started on the simple returns I've volunteered to do for some seniors here in the village. I can't do ours until I get the last remaining investment slips but I'm in no hurry as we'll owe. In Canada we're not due until April 30.

No snow happening today and the temps will finally get above freezing! I hope the snowbanks start to shrink.

Have a great Friday.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:40 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Good Morning my SBD friends. I will NOT be beaching it today. IT's my birthday and a friend baked a cake. My DH wants to go for Japanese steakhouse for dinner.... we will indulge....

have a great day!
Old 03-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #5  

Thanks for that coffee, Cyndi! It got me going until mine was ready. We're getting some weather later today, too, but thank goodness it'll be just rain. Hope you get your walk in, I'm going to mall-walk today!

Ruth, it did feel good to sleep in, but I needed it. I had an awful time trying to fall asleep last night, and kept waking up through the night. I feel like I've already lost a good bit of the day, though. Mornings are my best time, I can get so much done.

My girlies called me last night. Audrey got to swim with the dolphins and couldn't wait to tell me all about it! She's been wanting to do that ever since we were in Jamaica and she was too young. Maggie said she got to kiss and pet the dolphins, so both girls are just having the time of their lives. This will be a vacation they'll remember for a long time.

I'm heading to the mall as soon as it opens. I'm going to have a proper bra fitting at Macy's, then indulge in a bit of shopping therapy. I have to stop off for groceries on the way home, so I can make Loriann's recipe for Pan Seared Mahi-Mahi w/Citrus Soy Sauce. I'm going to substitute salmon for the mahi-mahi though.

What are your plans for the day?
Old 03-14-2008, 07:46 AM   #6  

Happy Birthday, NESSA!
Old 03-14-2008, 07:50 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Happy Happy Birthday, Nessa!! Have a great day and enjoy your indulgences!!!

Wishing everyone else a wonderful day too!

I got a lot of work done this morning, hopped on fluidity bar, got in a long hot bath, now off to breakfast and school.
Some friends called and inivited us to go to Fairhope Alabama tomorrow for an arts festival that sounds like a lot of fun. Guess I have to go to the grocery store and get some "snackie" stuff to take in the car. Guess I'll do some deviled eggs for "breakfast", then some laughing cow, triscuits, fruit and maybe some of my "frozen fruit yogurt". Hopefully they'll have something "good" to eat out there and if not I'll be prepared.

I got some good news yesterday that my oldest son got an internship for the summer in a town close to here and will be spending the summer with us. (He's a construction management major) I'm thrilled. Both of my boys are graduating in December and it will be great to have them both here to "baby" for the summer.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Nessa! Have a great time!
Glad you are enjoying your days off appropriately cottage!
Hooray for no snow Ruth! Glad you are getting out of the house. When I owe I wait until the very last second!
Cyndi, your cereal sounds yummy. Where do you get it? Have a great walk.

TGIF!!! Today is forecast to be very warm around here. I think I'll throw all the windows open and get a wash hung out (or two).
Old 03-14-2008, 07:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

good morning Cat! That's great news, I know how you love to have your "babies" around!
Old 03-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #10  
ONEderland here I come!

Thanks everyone.

Cat what great news about the boys!
Old 03-14-2008, 08:11 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Happy birthday Nessa!

Ruth - hope you're getting some of this more pleasant weather too! I'm so happy to see our snow banks going down a little. I suppose slow is better. We are going to have one challenging mud season!

Schmoodle - The local Ocean State Job Lots actually carries a lot of Bob's Red Mill products. They have a few high fiber, whole grain cereal mixes. I used to get them at the co-op but Ocean State is much cheaper.

Cat - A whole summer, how nice

Now to run errands. Amazing how busy days off are!
Old 03-14-2008, 08:20 AM   #12  

Schmoodle, Check at your local Giant for the Bob's Red Mill products. I know ours carry a full line of them. Our Wegman's and Acme also carry them, so you should be able to find them easily.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:37 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Nessa - Happy Birthday!!!

Today is an errand day for me as well. The scale wasn't cooperative this morning, but I'm trying not to let it get me down. I have only 2 more days of P1 and I've only lost 4 pounds. I wasn't eating too badly to begin with, and I don't have a ton of weight to lose, AND I haven't been exercising (shame on me). That will be my next Phase - getting exercise in.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:39 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Can I justify a trip to the States just to get Red Mill Cereal - and maybe eat at Cracker Barrel? Of course, quilting fabric is much cheaper there too!

Hmmmm ..... As soon as my knee gets its s### together, I think I'll plan a Ruthie Road Trip.

Can you tell I'm going stir-crazy?
Old 03-14-2008, 08:44 AM   #15  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Schmoodle, Check at your local Giant for the Bob's Red Mill products. I know ours carry a full line of them. Our Wegman's and Acme also carry them, so you should be able to find them easily.

In baltimore I get them at Shoppers...
Closed Thread