Starting phase 1 today/want buddies

• Hi All! My name is Dawn. I'm from Maryland and married with one child. I'm 38 years old, 5'5" and weigh 219 (gulp!). I've read the SB book and have been planning to start today. So far, so good! My husband is very supportive and has agreed to do the plan with me, but he started on P2 (I'm on P1) today, because we had an ill-fated attempt at Atkins a few years ago when he felt really sick from the really low carbs on induction and he doesn't want to risk that again. I wish he'd do phase 1 with me, but he's agreed to not eat the starch and fruit at home and just have it at work. So anyway, I'm motivated and excited about South Beach, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you so we can support each other. Thanks for listening!
  • Hi Dawn welcome to the beach. Glad to hear that you have read the book thats a great way to stay on track. Be sure to check out the south beach section for the phase 1 beginners & the daily check in thread. Your gonna love it here the girls are super great and full of knowledge.

Good luck!
  • Welcome to the beach, Dawn!! Like Gonna said, check out our P1 chat - it's been pretty busy lately.

I've been "on" SB for a while, but am on Day 4 of another attempt at P1, so we'll only be a few days apart. I look forward to getting to know you.
  • to The Beach, Dawn!
  • Hi. I'm new here too. I started p1 two days ago. I'm doing really good so far. good luck! It has been so easy I kinda feel like phase one should be a little harder but I'm not complaining about that at all.
  • Hi Dawn and Fox,

You will find all kinds of great info and lots of supportive chicks. Make sure to check out the recipes. (they're my favorite part).
  • Hey Dawn,

I've just started Phase II and am down 10 pounds in 16 days...sometimes knowing that it works is motivating! Good luck to you and don't let your hubby tempt you into cheating. Mine ate a whole pizza last Saturday, so I went to yoga.
  • Thanks to everybody for the welcome! I'm on day 2 today--had a rough lunchtime because my daughter had a play date at McDonalds of all places! But I sipped my Diet Coke and looked forward to coming home for some turkey and roasted vegies. I am DETERMINED to do phase 1 "by the book" because I'm looking forward to that nice initial weight loss! I hope everybody's having a good day!
  • Dawn - make sure you plan ahead for situations like that. Lots of SB'ers look up the menus of restaurants online and know what they're going to eat ahead of time so they're not tempted with all the delicious smells. McD's probably has SOMETHING (one of their green salads, perhaps) that you could have modified into a snack.

Great job - come join us in the SB chat. It's named after the day of the week. If you're an egg-hater, then check out the Belgian Waffles for breakfast. They have saved my LIFE this time!