3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Tuesday Beach Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/136114-tuesday-beach-chat.html)

cottagebythesea 03-04-2008 06:04 AM

Tuesday Beach Chat

Good Tuesday morning to you!

Cat, I was thinking of you all night, I hope you didn't have the bad weather you were expecting!

We're expecting that rainstorm today, but no high winds or anything like that! I had those darned brownies on my mind all day, too, and when I got to Cindy's house, they had made brownies over the weekend. :( Yep, I had one. :(
Today I'm concentrating on Clean Eating!

femmecreole 03-04-2008 06:09 AM

Morning Cottage (et al)
I think a few cups of veggies will negate a brownie, right?..Just flush it right out!!!!

The storm was pretty bad last night. I finally went to sleep about 10 while it was still going on, but had stuff all prepared in the hallway just in case we had to get in there fast. It's still dark, so I haven't been able to see what it's like outside with limbs down etc.

Nothing fun happening here today...getting ready to hit the fluidity bar, then off to the tub to get my day started. I've gotten a lot of work done this morning for clients and hope my "in box" is not full when I get home from school. One can only hope.

Spiritmagejkt 03-04-2008 06:14 AM

Morning all. Well after a rough weekend I had a great first day at work yesterday. I start on the floor thursday. Sending the immigration paperwork off today. No more arrythmia problems so far anyway. I managed to risist the cookie and junk food temptations of the cafeteria. Actually the worst temptation was the fresh coffee they had. ( might trigger the arrythmia) I need some green tea bags since I can have that. I think I'll try a walk today. I'm antzing to get some activity in.

Spiritmagejkt 03-04-2008 06:15 AM

Cottage those brownies are evil to tempt you like that. Shame on them.

cottagebythesea 03-04-2008 06:19 AM

I'm glad you and your family are okay, Cat. It must have been quite a night. I hope your beautiful gardens don't have too much damage!

Spirit, good luck on your new job!

Loriann7 03-04-2008 06:46 AM

Canonly get better!

Sorry but I'll have to do personals later.

The funeral is Thursday, out of town so I think I might blowoff work Friday as well, I'll have to see howthings go.

In the meantime... I stopped at Wegman's after work to fill up the fridge with salad fixings and such... came out to the car and it just went "click, click". Sigh... so called Geico for tow. Now waiting to hear from someone at work for a ride!

Then this am, woke up at 4, went back to sleep and slept through my 4:30 alarm and popped out of bed at 6:30! sigh.....

I'm not frustrated by all this, more frustrated at my son for putting drinks that cost $7 in my cart! He says it's his caffeine, then the brat proceded to ask my how much my coffee cost... "About $7, but it lasts for four weeks, not one!"... shut him up! Besides, he had no right to question what I buy since I the one paying for it! And here I was wondering how my bill each week is over 115, for two!!!!!!

When's he moving out????????????? ;)

CyndiM 03-04-2008 07:23 AM

Good morning Chicks-

Well another day, another storm - looks like this may be all ice :( It's Town Meeting Day, supposed to warm up now.

Cottage - I don't know about you but I swear those evil little chocolate things talk to me. Last week it was these cute, innocent looking chocolate chip cookies in the office. So far I've manage to ignore them. I keep 75% dark chocolate in my drawer and eat one little square when I just have to have chocolate.

Cat - Glad you made it through the storms last night.

Spirit - Good luck with the job. Sorry to hear about the arrythmia scare. My Dad has dealt with that on and off for years. Hope they figure out what's up with yours and can fix it.

Loriann - What a week, hope things start looking up soon. Your son sounds like my daughter was at that age. Now she is the budget queen and had to learn to spend a little more once she got a real job. They really do grow up eventually!

It's a work at home day here. I think I would have changed jobs years ago if it wasn't for the flexibility and work at home days! If we get the ice tonight tomorrow morning may also be work at home. I have no shortage of home work so it's never a problem. Seems like I get tons more done at home.

I'm checking out the local Curves next week to see if it will work for me. I'm really starting to look at how I can continue to devote enough time to working out each day and still have some sort of life. Now that I'm getting close to goal I'm thinking a lot about maintenance and don't know how this all will fit. How does everyone else do it?

Have a good day Chicks! and be safe if you're in the storm's path.

tomandkara 03-04-2008 07:41 AM

Oh, Linda. Now I feel guilty. You really should have come over! Next time I'll keep my concoctions to myself.

Cat, enjoy your workout! How has your toe been?

Jen, good luck at work! What type of floor do you work on?

Loriann, I hope you car gets fixed fast, and isn't too expensive!

Cyndi, I hope you like the Curves. My mom loved hers, before they lost the contract on their building. Every one is owned independently, though, so make sure you get along with the owners and like their style.

I'm revving up for another day of good eating. We're in single digits until Tom gets home, as of today!!! :woohoo: Nothing much on the plan for today...just getting the normal stuff done.

Kara

Ruthxxx 03-04-2008 07:45 AM

Good morning. I could have been in here before seven but my darling Hershey takes precedence over coffee and 3FC in the morning and then I get distracted.

Loriann, it sure sounds like you are having a difficult week. Let's hope it improves.

Cat, glad you are safe and I hope the garden is OK too.

Cottage...... gotta go - someone here to fix circuit - back in a bit

little chick 03-04-2008 08:01 AM

Good morning chicks, just waiting for my tea to steep before I head over to my emails and see if there is any dance craziness this morning. Our committee had to meet with the dance studio owners last night to decide what we are going to do. I then spent an hour putting together an email to send out to everyone appologizing that they had been drug in to all of this as she had cc and even bcc'd other mothers into the emails. What a mess. Hopefully this will end as of today, but if it does not then the owners are taking over. It has had my emotions going from super mad to totally stressed out. Anyhoo enough of this talk today will be a postive one.

Ruth- Glad that you got out driving and that you are moving around. Take care of yourself.

Kara- you and the kids must be getting excited to see Tom again. Have a good day.

CyndiM- Looks like we are going to get the same type of storm over night. Ice and then rain all day tomorrow. GRRR. I am so tired of the winter.

Loriann7 there is nothing worse than sleeping through the alarm,hope your day gets better

Cottage- I think that you are alright with one brownie, glad I was not there chocolate has been calling my name and I love chewy gooey brownies.

FemmeGlad that the storm was not to bad. Have a great day.

Spiritmagejkt- Glad that you are feeling better, take care of yourself.

Me- I have another quiet day kid wise today, so I think that I am going to try to get some cooking done for the week so that I can get back to clean eating. Well I have to go and check my emails and pray that there is nothing that is going to suck up my entire day with the evil emailing woman. :D Have a great one chicks.

cottagebythesea 03-04-2008 08:01 AM

I just got back from Curves. I really don't know why I procrastinate so much about exercising, I really feel good while I'm doing and afterwards.

Cyndi, if I didn't get my workout in first thing in the morning, I know I wouldn't do it at all. Something always comes up later in the day for me. Our Curves opens at 7, and I'm right there at the door, waiting for it to open. By 7:30 I'm out the door again, and it's a good feeling knowing my exercise is done for the day. It's a great way to start the day, too! :)

Kara, don't apologize about the brownies, it was my own weak self that caved in. I think I'll make a batch this morning to help me until I get my will-power back!

Ruth, hope your day is bright and beautiful!

I just got word that now Audrey has that nasty stomach virus that Maggie had last week. :( It was bound to happen. So it will be a day of cuddling up on the couch and watching The NeverEnding Story.

cottagebythesea 03-04-2008 08:06 AM

LC, that dance mom situation sounds like such a mess! Why don't they just kick both her and her daughter out of the dance class? That's what I'd do, if they don't straighten out. I hope everything gets resolved soon and has a happy ending. Hang in there!

Ruthxxx 03-04-2008 08:08 AM

OK - back. All Moel needed to do was flip the breaker, something I can do myself EXCEPT I don't trust my legs on the cellar stairs which have no rail.

Cottage, I hope it was just one brownie and worth it. I need to avoid stuff like that completely or I slip into binge mode.

CindiM, yes, working from home is wonderful. I was able to do that for a few weeks before I retired and loved it. Winter is going so we snow folks can start to hope. The hummingbirds are now in Florida.

Kara, single digits? Do you mean temperature or is that some weird hand signal thingie?

Spirit, I know you are an RN but where are you working? Hospital? I hope that arrythmia stays gone.

Freezing rain and snow is predicted overnight and into tomorrow. I am supposed to go to the ortho clinic in town for a knee check but am going to see if I can go today instead. If not, I may have to rebook because I am not taking my life in my hands for a dangerous drive to spend three minutes with a surgeon. If I can't get the appointment changed to today, I'll drive to Smiths Falls and return the walker that I rented and really didn't need. I'm certainly enjoying being able to drive again. Where I live, it's a half hour drive to get to semi-civilization and 90 minutes to get to a real city but I love it!

Have a great Tuesday and may all your bumps smooth out.

Pacergal29 03-04-2008 08:51 AM

Morning Chicks, quick check in for me, things have been really busy here at work. I had to take half the day off friday and you would think I took a week! While I was gone one of my male co-workers got hit walking by a car in front of our office!! They called me and told me I can't ever leave again without hiring a babysitter! He is ok thankfully although looks like he went 10 rounds in the boxing ring! He is one who gives me all kinds of **** and trust me he will never live this down!

Saturday when I was in indianapolis I discovered we do have a trader joes in this state! I was on a tight schedule so I wasn't able to stop but trust me there is a visit in my near future!

Wish I had time for personals but I really do need to get at it! Have a great day chicks, I will try to find time to come back!

FluffyK 03-04-2008 09:02 AM

Kara - when my husband goes away, I always find it easier to keep a schedule. Then, when he comes home my routines are shot! It takes me quite a bit of time to readjust to the fallout. I hope your exercise and eating stay on track once your husband comes home!

cottage - eeeew... I HATE the stomach thing. In me, in my kids, in conversation... LOL! I am so hoping it skips our household this spring (when it usually shows up). Last spring, we had to cancel some of our vacation reservations due to it. :(

We are scheduled to get an ice storm here starting at noon. I hope it holds off so DH and the kids are safe and sound at home when it gets yucky out.

I made it through last night. Had my unsweetened tea and went to sleep. This AM I had the belgian waffles, but didn't put the sweetener in it. Wound up using more caramel sauce and feeling yuckier than yesterday. I need to find a different non-egg recipe for tomorrow, I think?

I have the WATP tapes, so might do one of those today instead of a walk in an ice storm! Today's a typical day for me: Kitchen, Mount Folmore, Vacuum, etc. I can't wait for spring, though - having that fresh air blow through my house yesterday was wonderful!