South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-11-2008, 11:17 AM   #61  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

I would have had dressing, but I was eating my salad on the run yesterday as I tried to get to my German class after work! I felt like a rabbit, nibbling on my greens!

Speaking of which, I saw the cutest baby bunnies yesterday, got me in the easter spirit.

Last edited by uscarchie; 03-11-2008 at 11:19 AM.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:40 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

uscarchie: You're on Day 10, right? I'd certainly start tweaking some of my menu if I were in your position. The cheese could definitely be a culprit. Too much cheese on P1 has the same effect for me. I didn't see any legumes in there, so maybe throw 1/3 c. of beans into a salad for a meal or snack. (My favs are rinsed and drained red kidney beans and chickpeas.) If none of the above seems do-able for you, maybe just do your best the next 4 days and make sure that your first P2 add-in is full of fiber.

If you were on day 2-5, I'd just say give it time because maybe your digestive system is adjusting to this new WOE.

Again, this is just what I would do in your situation. Don't want to be the lady that tells everyone how to eat!! (And also, just my interpretations of SB - I could be wrong, but I think I have a handle on the fundamentals.)

~Kim
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:50 AM   #63  
Come on ONEderland!

That's a good idea- I will add some beans in with dinner tonight. That would be delicious.

Thanks!
Old 03-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

usarchie, kim gave some good advice, definitely add some beans. I agree it could be the cheese. To counter, try veggies, veggies, veggies, and lots of water!

By the way, I had a bad experience with the jelly beans. Haven't wanted to go near them again!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:43 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

usarchie - if the belgian waffles bothered you, it could also be the sweetener. They don't set well with me, either. Steamed cauliflower is a very sweet veggie, and very good for you - it has more vitamin C than an orange does (among other vitamins). It's great in fiber, too.
FluffyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:03 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 148/148/135

Height: 5'10

Welcome PrincessGail! I have been on SB before and had a lot of success with it. I got away from the good eating habits and gained weight. So, I'm back to the beach again.

Tips for you - DEFINITELY go to the store and stock up. Get most of your ingredients from the produce department. LOTS OF VEGGIES! Also, get the SF/FF fudgesicles. They are great on their own or mix one with a tbsp of peanut butter and some cool whip. It tastes like reese cups!

I couldn't have done this diet before without sf sweets.

Good luck and using this site to track your progress (and it gives you accountability) is a great way to stay motivated.

Best wishes!
Iwant2Bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:28 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

Default Phase one complete!

yay! i've made it now on to P2. had a few rough days..so glad i could vent and get support from you chicas. thanx!
i lost a total of 10 lbs even though i cheated a wee bit (oatmeal once, the occasional apple) now all i need to complete my happiness is a ticker!!!!
jandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:12 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

jandaman, and congratulations for a fantastic loss! You should be able to create a ticker now, with over 30 posts.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:37 AM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandaman View Post
yay! i've made it now on to P2. had a few rough days..so glad i could vent and get support from you chicas. thanx!
i lost a total of 10 lbs even though i cheated a wee bit (oatmeal once, the occasional apple) now all i need to complete my happiness is a ticker!!!!

Congrats! I hope my results for P1 are similar! You did a great job and good luck moving into P2!
Old 03-12-2008, 10:39 AM   #70  

Day 4, Phase 1

Saus/Chz Cup
4 oz. LS V8
12 oz. Coffee, 3 splenda
3 T. Skim milk

1 c. taco bake
Salad
1 SB PB Cup

1/2 c. taco bake

Salmon Taco Filling (DH will get corn tortillas and I will have salad)
1 c. sauteed peppers
2 SF Fudgesicle

1 SB PB Cup
1 c. skim milk

H2O: 60 oz
Exercise: nothing

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 03-13-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #71  
Come on ONEderland!

Thank you Kim, Schmoodle, and Krystal for the advice. I usually don't eat a lot of beans, and last night I tried some kidney beans... they were delicious! I brought the leftovers in to eat with lunch today.

Yay to Jandaman for finishing P1! I'll be there in 3 more days! I'm very excited, and although I don't particularly want to eat more salads, this part of the diet isn't very hard. I haven't been hungry at all- most of the time I feel like I'm snacking not because I'm hungry but because I'm supposed to.

Last edited by uscarchie; 03-12-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:22 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscarchie View Post
I usually don't eat a lot of beans, and last night I tried some kidney beans... they were delicious! I brought the leftovers in to eat with lunch today.
I'm the same way. I don't know what it is, but legumes scare the crap out of me! It is SO weird! The first time I had a can of chickpeas I was like, "what the heck do I do with these?!?!" Now that I'm getting used to them it's a lot better. I really can't handle P1 without them. I really get headaches and what-not when I'm not getting my beans in!

3 more days to go!!! You can do this!!!
Old 03-12-2008, 02:53 PM   #73  

Height: 5'3"

I am on day 11. I'm down 9 pounds so far! I had 1 very rough day where I was craving carbs. That day and the day before, I hadnt lost any weight and was discouraged. I tried to talk myself into switching over to a low cal eating plan just because I wanted something sweet at that very moment. But I held on and didnt cave. My eating issues are rarely due to hunger. I'm an emotional eater and sugary foods are my biggest comfort. I have found that a cup of decaf coffee with 2 tblsp davinci SF syrup is enough to get me past any craving for sweets.

Last night, I discovered that if you microwave turkey bacon, you can get it very crispy if you cook it for a loooong time. I tried 1 minute, then another, then 2 more than another one, checking it each time. I liked it so much that I decided to cook 2 pieces for this morning. Remembering how long it took for the first pieces to cook, I just set the microwave at 5 minutes and walked away. They caught on fire and black smoke billowed out, stinking up my whole kitchen. Hubby carried the microwave out onto the porch to air out. After a good scrubbing today, the mike is working again...had my doubts! Moral of the story: Always cook at intervals when cooking foods for longer than the package says!

valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:26 PM   #74  
Come on ONEderland!

We had a lunch presentation today, and after my lunch walk, I went to catch the tail end of it- the presenters brought a HUGE plate of cookies... I sat on the other end of the table, ate my turkey roll up and leftover beans, and was able to thoroughly ignore the siren call of the cookies. I don't understand why every rep decides they need to bring us in sugary treats, but I'm doing really great at not having any. I don't even really crave it right now. Not to say that it doesn't look delicious, but it isn't that hard to say no.

I didn't weigh myself this morning, but yesterday I was 16 lbs down from my recorded heaviest, and probably 12 lbs down since I started P1. My jeans are all too big on me. I need to invest in a belt. Because buying new jeans all the time will get expensive! Although the feeling is pretty good.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscarchie View Post
Because buying new jeans all the time will get expensive!
I'm taking stock of my closet tonight for this very reason. I'm fairly certain that I have at least two pairs of jeans in each of the next couple of sizes. I'm an 18 now and know that I have 2-16s and 2-14s and most likely 4-12s because I maintained there for about a year. I think I've got some 10s and 6s, but that was so long ago that they may not be in style anymore!

Congrats on the baggy jeans - you earned a new belt!!